NHL City Mashup Series (Finished)

NoE38_Concepts

Next up is the Brooklyn Nets in the style of the New York Islanders. The Nets were picked because they share the Barclays Center with the Islanders. This one goes a little out of the box, inspired by the Nets' alternate, there are stars on the sleeves, hem, and socks. I feel like these would fit better as last year's all-star jerseys, but it's the Nets, what do you expect?:P I used the roundel logo as it is the best of the bunch.

e1bynEZ.png

C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 6/26)(New York Islanders-Nets up!)
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JB Designs said:

Solid look for the Nets, but it's not very reminiscent of the Isles' jerseys. Although I'm not quite sure how good their color blocking would look in B&W

Definitely understand you, I tried extending the stripes to the cuffs but it didn't look good at all. Thanks though.

spacer.png

On 6/26/2017 at 8:13 PM, JB Designs said:

Maybe striping inspired by the Isles' black alternate look?

Sorry for the late response, My goal is to model the jerseys on NHL teams' primaries, but I may do alternates once I finish.

Next up is the New York Rangers in the style of the New York Knicks. I chose the Knicks mainly because they play at the MSG. I took the striping from the collars of the Knicks unis. Like the Rangers, the stripes on the home are connected, and disconnected on the away. The away features a squared yoke and yoke striping, and the logo is KNICKS in diagonal script.

(Side Note: After finishing this, I noticed that these look a lot like they could be Islanders jerseys. Hope that doesn't offend any Rangers fans here)

b4keBOO.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 6/29)(New York Rangers-Knicks up!)

This series isn't dead, just haven't had too much time to work and also because the Ottawa Senators have a terrible design sense.

This next mashup is the Ottawa Redblacks in the style of the Senators. The Sens have terrible jerseys and I couldn't really do a design based on their primary jerseys as that would just be a recolor, so I based these on their Alternate jersey from last year. Using the Redblacks striping pattern basically would have been the same thing as the alternate, so I used One large chest stripe for each jersey. The color balance may not be perfect, but then, If the Sens had actual jerseys, this wouldn't have been a problem.

4Ifa8Yq.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

Next up is the Philadelphia Flyers in the style of the Philadelphia Eagles. I used the unique yoke pattern the Flyers have and added the Eagles' pant stripes to the cuffs. I kept the reverse-color nameplates (even though IMO they ruin the Flyers' unis), and added a white hem on the home to improve color balance.

bcnMsPV.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/9)(Philadelphia Flyers-Eagles up!)
21 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Next up is the Philadelphia Flyers in the style of the Philadelphia Eagles. I used the unique yoke pattern the Flyers have and added the Eagles' pant stripes to the cuffs. I kept the reverse-color nameplates (even though IMO they ruin the Flyers' unis), and added a white hem on the home to improve color balance.

bcnMsPV.png

C&C is appreciated!

Nice concept, and reverse-colored nameplates rock, thank you very much.

Next up is the Pittsburgh Pirates in the style of the Pittsburgh Penguins. I sort of modified the Pens template for this one, switching the colored upper arms on the home jersey with cuffs, and giving the away jersey the colored upper arms. The striping found on the Pirates' cuffs is used to give the jersey its own unique vibe, while still making it look similar to a Penguins jersey.

3sIqcQg.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/14)(Pittsburgh Penguins-Pirates up!)

Next up is the San Francisco 49ers in the style of the San Jose Sharks. I tried a few ideas with the Earthquakes, but I didn't like them, so I chose the 49ers. I took their striping and added gold in between the white. There is nothing on the hem like the Sharks jerseys.

OafS0lj.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/17)(San Jose Sharks-49ers up!)
3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Next up is the San Francisco 49ers in the style of the San Jose Sharks. I tried a few ideas with the Earthquakes, but I didn't like them, so I chose the 49ers. I took their striping and added gold in between the white. There is nothing on the hem like the Sharks jerseys.

OafS0lj.png

C&C is appreciated!

Not bad, but needs more gold.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, MCM0313 said:

Not bad, but needs more gold.

The numbers should be gold with a white trim on the home jerseys and also on both there should be more metallic gold which the pattern should show more metallic or khaki gold with it.

maybe give gold pants and/or helmets a whirl? I would make the arm stripes thinner to more closely resemble the 49ers' stripes.  What might be nice, though perhaps it's straying too far from the concept, is having the thin stripes and then outline each in gold, rather than the in-between stripes.

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

The numbers should be gold with a white trim on the home jerseys and also on both there should be more metallic gold which the pattern should show more metallic or khaki gold with it.

15 minutes ago, B-mer said:

maybe give gold pants and/or helmets a whirl? I would make the arm stripes thinner to more closely resemble the 49ers' stripes.  What might be nice, though perhaps it's straying too far from the concept, is having the thin stripes and then outline each in gold, rather than the in-between stripes.

Here's an update, based on your suggestions. Not sure about the numbers, but the pants surprisingly aren't that bad on the home.

rBsJHLy.png

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Here's an update, based on your suggestions. Not sure about the numbers, but the pants surprisingly aren't that bad on the home.

rBsJHLy.png

Close, but on the road uniforms, give the red numbers a gold trim. Also maybe thicken the trim there. The gold trim should be thickened more and more. Also add a red trim on the side of the khaki gold pants and you are set. Keep the helmets red and white for both home and road. No need for gold helmets for them, just keep it red and white on both. But this is coming out pretty good so far.

Next up is the St. Louis Cardinals in the style of the St. Louis Blues. The Cardinals are one of the only teams in baseball whose socks have striping, so I took them and used them as the uniform striping. Like the blues, both jerseys have colored yokes and cuffs. The yoke also features similar striping to the Blues jerseys, but I'm not 100% sold on the color layout yet. I used the cap logo on the jerseys because I felt it looked the best. 

tCKvNPS.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Mashup Series (update 7/20)(St. Louis Blues-Cardinals up!)

Archived