Sign in to follow this  
Boulderstill

MLB Hydro Dipped Helmet Concepts

mjd77    562

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more of this already.  I just hope the designs are kept under control...that Nationals one takes it too far.

Jungle Jim    551

I clicked on the link expecting to hate every one one of them, but I don't.  They still don't belong in a Major League Baseball game, though.  The clown socks they're wearing now are bad enough.  We don't need this added.

bradsbeard    22

Not a comment on the concepts themselves. That D-Backs helmet almost looks maroon/purple, which I think would be a good unique color choice for them. Sand or copper and maroon. 

HighCheese    157

Oh my goodness

those tigers helmets are a thing of beauty

looks like zubaz pants, but honestly with that hydro dipped finish it just looks awesome

johnnysama    295

Going somewhat tangentially off-topic here, I know that such helmets exist in the college ranks, but what hydro-dipped helmets for pro football teams? Which teams would look best wearing such a helmet?

daveindc    344
7 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Going somewhat tangentially off-topic here, I know that such helmets exist in the college ranks, but what hydro-dipped helmets for pro football teams? Which teams would look best wearing such a helmet?

The Steelers would look good in that steel design for the Pirates. Cheese design for the Packers. :D

2001mark    1,187

Spring Training, go nuts.  I legit lol'd at the Padres because of course they're camo.

Otherwise, they look more fit for Japanese pro ball.

CLEstones    248

Anyone else a little disappointed there wasn't any racist Cleveland Indians concept?  Man, society really is getting soft.

SilverBullet1929    1,017

I'd love to see the concepts for the other teams. The ones there are really well done. Not so sure I'd enjoy them in reality but as far as a conceptual article, excellent work.

It reminds me of an idea I had when the DBacks unveiled their new uniforms. If every team had subliminated designs on their uniforms, what would the other teams designs be? 

OnWis97    2,192

I guess the days of the helmets looking like the caps are officially over...actually they pretty much were anyway.

Most of these look like bowling balls.  I kinda like that Arizona design.  But of course the whole thing will probably devolve into the Tigers and Nats ones.  I would rather these don't see the field.  However, if it were up to me, I'd say one should be used: the Astros.  It's not too loud and I think it works really, really well.

3 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Anyone else a little disappointed there wasn't any racist Cleveland Indians concept?  Man, society really is getting soft.

I know you're being facetious, but this will legitimately be complained about...if teams start doing this and the Braves and Indians don't go with something native-inspired, the "anti-PC" internet warriors will be right there to complain about political correctness