[Request] Help needed with logo redesign

niko42

Hey everybody, new to the community, saw some of the logos on here and thought they were pretty awesome and was looking for some help for my club I coach. We're looking to get some new jerseys and possibly re-brand our club, that is if I get any say in it. Unfortunately our logo is a little bulky and outdated and I was looking for some help or ideas at least in updating it, making it more simple and minimal. Our colors are the kings colors, purple, black, white, and barely if any silver. I've included a few pics of our current logo, our team name is: Capital Thunder, looking forward to the crazy ideas everybody has. Thanks!

Original Logo: 

My mockup attempt: 

Wow the Capital Thunder? That's a team I played many times when I was very very young during my A level years, being a Jr. Sharks alumni. And from what I remember that organization really needs a complete overhaul! I like your direction with it, but it feels weird seeing it without the yellow even though you guys use no yellow in the uniforms at all. In my opinion the logo just seems very dark on the purple background it would be on. Maybe add some silver? Also one vivid memory I had of the Thunder is that they had completely black socks, no stripes at all, please push to fix that!

4 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Wow the Capital Thunder? That's a team I played many times when I was very very young during my A level years, being a Jr. Sharks alumni. And from what I remember that organization really needs a complete overhaul! I like your direction with it, but it feels weird seeing it without the yellow even though you guys use no yellow in the uniforms at all. In my opinion the logo just seems very dark on the purple background it would be on. Maybe add some silver? Also one vivid memory I had of the Thunder is that they had completely black socks, no stripes at all, please push to fix that!

No kidding? Small world, and I think I played you! I was on that team when we did the black socks and purple shells, that was the only year we did it! I agree it feels wrong to leave out the yellow, but its hard to put it anywhere, I've made a few jersey mockups but the logo is the part that just doesn't fit with any of it. Here's an example.

i think replacing gray with yellow would really give this thing some much needed energy. its the Thunder! it should have something to it that makes it a bit more lively- think how the Timberwolves use green in their new logo. also, adding yellow will help build some visual association to the nickname without being too obvious. but if you wanted to be more obvious, those gray highlights on the Capital building could become lightning shapes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived