WhenKobeWasGood

Elite Football League (Using Wilson Uniform Designer)

This is my very first attempt at a fictional football league, I'm calling it the Elite Football League (EFL), I don't have rosters yet, but I have the team names and uniforms. The biggest separator between the EFL and the NFL is that there are zero jersey number restrictions.

Founded: 2009

Inaugural Season: 2011

Atlantic Division:

-------------------

Orlando Panthers

Montreal Maples

Boston Devils

Pacific Division:

------------------

Omaha Wrath

Oklahoma City Crusaders

New Orleans Nighthounds

When you mean no number restrictions you mean players can have for example 666, 0.1, infinity, or 22 1/2? Or that they can have the number 0?

Welcome to our first Eastern Division Team, the Montreal Maples!image.thumb.png.3e04828ee1c84cd3ce42c8ddaca6f462.pngFans will most likely be starving for this football team in Canada, as the only Canadian American Football team (so far), we have our EFL statician, Joe Woodland, predicts this will be the most viewed team in the EFL

2 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

When you mean no number restrictions you mean players can have for example 666, 0.1, infinity, or 22 1/2? Or that they can have the number 0?

I mean 00-99, with the exceptions of retired numbers (like college)

This is probably a bad time (really, really bad time) to mention it, but here's the story of the EFL...

The Elite Football League (EFL) is a fictional (obviously) spring minor-tier American Football league that consists of six teams, the Orlando Panthers, Montréal Maples, New Orleans Nighthounds, Omaha Wrath, and Boston Devils. These teams are divided in two divisions, Pacific and Atlantic.

In 2005, WWE chairman Vince McMahon had a bright idea for a pro football league. 4 years prior, he and Dick Ebersol create the abomination called the Xtra Fun League (XFL), it was notable for future (or prior for Maddox) NFL players Rod "He Hate Me" Smart of the Las Vegas Outlaws and Tommy Maddox of the Los Angeles Xtreme. Other than that it was a failure... no, I mean FAILURE.

Vince learned from these mistakes and fixed some things:

- No nicknamed jerseys

- Don't put up a blimp

- Keep gas in the tank

- Enforce the rules (including "fair catch rule")

- Don't compete with the NFL (please)

- Don't go in the locker rooms

- Don't bash the NFL using former NFL players

- No "scramble", coin flips are fine, Jose.

In about 4 years they had the six teams and the Elite Football League was founded.

In 2 years they had locations, seasonal awards, and rosters... they were ready to begin play.

Now we wait.

Now we have the Boston Devils!image.thumb.png.16d036d3e303678bd9791b11dc1a20e2.png

Certainly the toughest and roughest team on turf, the cross-league rivalry between them and the NFL's New England Patriots, mostly consists of Pats, Bills, Giants, and Jets practice squad members.

Wouldn't Orlando panthers have problems with Florida panthers or Carolina Panthers, if so a change could be a simple flip to cougars. And are we seeing logos for the teams too? Because the jerseys look pretty well done except for a few of the texts looking a tad bit scrutched or streched

2 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Wouldn't Orlando panthers have problems with Florida panthers or Carolina Panthers, if so a change could be a simple flip to cougars. And are we seeing logos for the teams too? Because the jerseys look pretty well done except for a few of the texts looking a tad bit scrutched or streched

I'll try to pump out the logos , and the Panthers will become apart of the storyline.

1 hour ago, WhenKobeWasGood said:

I mean 00-99, with the exceptions of retired numbers (like college)

Ah okay

These jerseys are solid (I am a fan of Boston's), but my only question is: Where are the helmets? Other than that, it's all good. ?

28 minutes ago, PackMan said:

These jerseys are solid (I am a fan of Boston's), but my only question is: Where are the helmets? Other than that, it's all good. ?

I'll try to get the helmets out... (the uniform designer doesn't have helmets)

Here is the schedule: (April 11 -

Week 1: Montreal Maples vs. Omaha Wrath, OKC Crusaders vs. NOLA Nighthounds, Boston Devils vs. Orlando Panthers

Week 2: OKC Crusaders vs. Boston Devils, Orlando Panthers vs. Montreal Maples, NOLA Nighthounds vs. Omaha Wrath

Week 3: Bye Week (OKC, OMA) Boston Devils vs. Montreal Maples, NOLA Nighthounds vs. Orlando Panthers

Week 4: Bye Week (BOS, NOLA) OKC Crusaders vs. Orlando Panthers, Montreal Maples vs. Omaha Wrath 

Week 5: Bye Week (ORL, MON) Boston Devils vs. NOLA Nighthounds, Omaha Wrath vs. OKC Crusaders

Week 6: NOLA Nighthounds vs. Montreal Maples, Boston Devils vs. Omaha Wrath, Orlando Panthers vs. OKC Crusaders

Week 7: League-Wide Bye Week

Week 8: NOLA Nighthounds vs. Boston Devils, Omaha Wrath vs. Orlando Panthers, Montreal Maples vs. OKC Crusaders

Week 9: Orlando Panthers vs. Boston Devils, Omaha Wrath vs. OKC Crusaders, NOLA Nighthounds vs. Montreal Maples

Week 10: Montreal Maples vs. Omaha Wrath, Boston Devils vs. NOLA Nighthounds, Orlando Panthers vs. OKC Crusaders

Here we now have the New Orleans Nighthounds!

image.thumb.png.0e42832f8bb74981083262887ec5c14c.pngMy personal favorite (along with Boston), gives a fun and vibrant Arena Football-like feel to it which is one of the reasons it will host the Gold Bowl this year. (hint hint)