IIHF World Championship (Finland/Russia added)

OhioSportsMan61

Haven't had too much time to work on much of anything recently, but with HJC's latest competition starting up, I figured it would be a good time to get back in the design game.

The rules for this competition allow for you to submit 3 concepts for teams at the '17 IIHF World Championship (USA, Canada, and your choice). If I can, I'd love to turn this into a series, but for now I am just going to post my work for those first three teams. 

I'll start off by posting Team USA...C&C appreciated!

USAf_zpspsoxjcyv.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I'm gonna disagree completely and say get rid of the black! I've never been a big fan of thin black outline on white, it always bleeds in my eyes (same goes for that white Calgary Flames C with the black outline.)

Though I'm generally against Black on a Canada jersey, I think this logo craves the usage of at least some black in the design. Alone, I like B the most. However, as a complete set, I think A is the strongest, with the minimal usage of black tying in with the logo without upsetting the dominance of red and white

B looks classic, C looks badass. Take that for what you will. If every other country is going to be red and black, use B. If there are more red/white teams, use C. Context might help you on this one.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Alrighty, I decided to submit option C for Canada because I think it separates itself from other Canada concepts and what was used in the WCH.

I'm stuck for which third team to submit to the contest, between Russia and Finland. Which do people like more?

FINf_zpsodoeqisn.png

RUSf_zps455ai9mk.png

C&C appreciated

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I'd use Finland, but match the chest stripe on the blue sweater with the white... I really like the standout red and gold crest... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived