MLS Kit Concepts

joob

Just purchased the Yellow Images soccer kit mockup so I'm going to be designing kits for each MLS team. (home kit only)

Atlanta United 

Inverted the stripes so that it matches the club crest

Tied in more of the gold by creating pinstripes between the stripes

atlutd.jpg

Absolutely perfect. Great work. 

I really like the current Atlanta jersey, and I actually thought the other day about how scared I am for them to have to come up with a new jersey come 2019. I'd welcome this design with arms wide open.

Look forward to the rest of this series

Chicago Fire 

I always disliked the center stripe/transition panel on the front of the jersey where the sponsor logo resides, so I removed that

Created a fire-inspired transition/texture at the top of the jersey

chi1cb84.jpg

Atlanta is pretty nice, but a bit too much gold for my liking. That being said, I'm not completely opposed to what you came up. Switching up the orientation of the stripes to reflect those in the crest is a much needed improvement. That's driven me crazy since they unveiled the home kit.

With the Fire, I think it's a complete miss. The white chest band is their traditional kit element, and the fans have provided a good deal of backlash when they've tried tinkering with it in the past (especially the 2014/15 kit). Way too much navy in your concept, and it's just too much of a departure from the look they've had for the majority of their existence.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Echoing the sentiment that the white strip should stick around, but I do like the gradient effect you made.  Maybe a compromise of sorts?  Try making a gradient that goes from red to white to navy.  That way, you still get the traditional white stripe, but you can also keep your current ideas and add a new little twist.  It should look like a funkier and darker version of the USMNT's bomb pop kits from '14.  Regardless, it's a great design!  And for Atlanta, thank you for switching the colors!  That's the one complaint I have about their look, and this definitely improves it.  And adding the gold pinstripes was another nice touch for sure.  My one change would be to change the collar and sleeve cuffs to red, as that's something that I feel this jersey lacks.  Or maybe you could add it by making the socks hoops?  Anyways, you're doing great work, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for other teams!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived