CinnamonRoll21

NBA Redesign by CinnamonRoll21 (Los Angeles All-Star Uniforms and Memphis Grizzlies)

71 posts in this topic

If ypu plan on using pinstripes it needsto be on the shorts as well. That home script needs to be thicker so that it can show up on TV. There also needs to be something on those shooting shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my 100th post, I decided to go out of order and introduce the San Antonio Spurs.

Home

5929f185941f5_spursrebrandhome.thumb.png.da209b173af9804c9d1b8ff6ccf02270.png

Away

5929f199ad00c_spursrebrandaway.thumb.png.f24ff99235cc42629040e0a16c1b0371.png

Fiesta Night

5929f1af7e7e7_spursrebrandalt1.thumb.png.4b2d030793f3fa08b64a701131160e01.png

Legacy

5929f1c4dfba4_spursrebrandalt2.thumb.png.3b20f6d5adda48addb140ef5ad8c6e6f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wordmark and the numbers on the front of the Spurs "legacy" uniforms really needs an outline like the back of the jersey does.  I would say try to stay away from double outlining numbers too, as on both the Bulls and Spurs home and away jerseys it makes the numbers too thick. I do like the Spurs set for how clean it is.  My last nitpick is that the 2 on the back of the home jersey isn't centered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok those numbers on the spurs fiesta jersey I wouldn't go that route, also I think a strait stripe would work better than a tapered stripe, and why on the legacy is the back gold and the front not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I added gold to the front of the Spurs legacy jersey. And I'm also going to introduce the Cleveland Cavaliers.

592c823e14ea7_spursrebrandalt2.thumb.png.3154994832a13d428993826ee90e10ae.png592c8257eca4f_cavaliersrebrand.thumb.png.fb29fb53ade03754f874ad13539aa46c.png592c8263ec0bb_cavaliersrebrandaway.thumb.png.8913b2616148074b608deb1c7d8283b3.png

This one's called Believeland. This jersey is a small redesign of the jerseys that the Cavaliers wore in game 7 of the Finals.

592c82771e92c_cavaliersrebrandalt.thumb.png.e49031b002ff40554190f537a331a2bb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Dallas. Please let me know if I should put something like a stripe on the shorts.

592f2b2b29808_mavericksrebrandhome.thumb.png.5080bd901e9243cbc8251e5b5dd6ed80.png592f2b3bade81_mavericksrebrandaway.thumb.png.8f2dc841700653287e8cb656f287a5e4.png592f2b4a4439a_mavericksrebrandalt.thumb.png.7e7fd7da5fa59fabbb2498d83a85afa9.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is way too little green on the home and away in my opinion also 

that color blue with that green is way to bright maybe make one of them darker. The skyline is good but over all I perfer the mavs current set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2017 at 4:41 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

For my 100th post, I decided to go out of order and introduce the San Antonio Spurs.

Home

5929f185941f5_spursrebrandhome.thumb.png.da209b173af9804c9d1b8ff6ccf02270.png

Away

5929f199ad00c_spursrebrandaway.thumb.png.f24ff99235cc42629040e0a16c1b0371.png

Fiesta Night

5929f1af7e7e7_spursrebrandalt1.thumb.png.4b2d030793f3fa08b64a701131160e01.png

Legacy

5929f1c4dfba4_spursrebrandalt2.thumb.png.3b20f6d5adda48addb140ef5ad8c6e6f.png

Im not a huge fan of the font, but that being said, the black uniform just includes gold cuz its gold and thats something you should never do. And, if you really want to do black on black a bright outline is necessary.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Here is Dallas. Please let me know if I should put something like a stripe on the shorts.

592f2b2b29808_mavericksrebrandhome.thumb.png.5080bd901e9243cbc8251e5b5dd6ed80.png592f2b3bade81_mavericksrebrandaway.thumb.png.8f2dc841700653287e8cb656f287a5e4.png592f2b4a4439a_mavericksrebrandalt.thumb.png.7e7fd7da5fa59fabbb2498d83a85afa9.png

Make the green set use a similar template to the other jerseys. Also, maybe try a darker shade of green?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Suededesigns said:

Make the green set use a similar template to the other jerseys. Also, maybe try a darker shade of green?

I've used the same template for all of the jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2017 at 1:22 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

So I added gold to the front of the Spurs legacy jersey. And I'm also going to introduce the Cleveland Cavaliers.

592c823e14ea7_spursrebrandalt2.thumb.png.3154994832a13d428993826ee90e10ae.png592c8257eca4f_cavaliersrebrand.thumb.png.fb29fb53ade03754f874ad13539aa46c.png592c8263ec0bb_cavaliersrebrandaway.thumb.png.8913b2616148074b608deb1c7d8283b3.png

This one's called Believeland. This jersey is a small redesign of the jerseys that the Cavaliers wore in game 7 of the Finals.

592c82771e92c_cavaliersrebrandalt.thumb.png.e49031b002ff40554190f537a331a2bb.png

I REALLY don't understand why you insist on black-on-black for your Spurs Legacy jersey.  Squint and you can't see anything (neither name nor number).  How do you expect the refs to call fouls or the fans to identify any of the players, on TV or in person at the arena?  Yes, it might make a great fan fashion jersey, but it's even less practical than the NBA color jerseys from a few Christmases ago.

 

Cavs jerseys look great, but the number on your Believeland jersey might look better if you center the logo and put the number on the right side.  It's fine if you leave it; it's your artistic choice, but the inclusion of the Swoosh kind of throws it off for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To finish off the two Finals teams (I got Warriors in five), here are the Warriors.

 

  Home

593333d5680c3_warriorsrebrandhome.thumb.png.43610814db4bf188b483eb868d42df41.png

 

Away593333e6cdb1f_warriorsrebrandaway.thumb.png.a1246713a00d2bd425c3a41ffc0c6fb1.png

 

Throwback (I'm goin' REAL old school)

593333f4deae6_warriorsrebrandthrowback.thumb.png.f21dc444001a6f8a7eb95c31c8cc696a.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Denver. I replaced the gold/yellow with the gold/bronze from the 1990s jerseys.

Home

5934bf19a7595_nuggetsrebrandhome.thumb.png.85e530e19d178d19203b7d134a6f8de1.png

 

Away

5934bf38457e3_nuggetsrebrandaway.thumb.png.1997aa99fcf17f8cebfc09f852f85e68.png

 

Alternate

5934bf4e08bc1_nuggetsrebrandalt.thumb.png.85de6e893c7b703302f9069d117fa570.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Here is Denver. I replaced the gold/yellow with the gold/bronze from the 1990s jerseys.

Home

5934bf19a7595_nuggetsrebrandhome.thumb.png.85e530e19d178d19203b7d134a6f8de1.png

 

Away

5934bf38457e3_nuggetsrebrandaway.thumb.png.1997aa99fcf17f8cebfc09f852f85e68.png

 

Alternate

5934bf4e08bc1_nuggetsrebrandalt.thumb.png.85de6e893c7b703302f9069d117fa570.png

This set has real potential. I feel like the color scheme needs to be more consistent between home and away. (I understand the third being a city pride set.) I also wish the bronze-gold were more bronze and less gold. I love the tasteful addition of the rainbow to the roads but I don't think it would work without also including those colors on the home (preferably in the same pattern, but in another way would be okay too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the long break, but I'm here with the Detroit Pistons. For this one, I decided to get rid of the navy and use gray/silver instead of white.

5944462e42f13_pistonsrebrandhome.thumb.png.dd18ffa2c9a198757ee2fb18c1665618.png59444643ba0b1_pistonsrebrandaway.thumb.png.541321b080b295b919c31eb09a008aa3.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any comments before I move on to the Rockets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an odd choice to add gray to the Pistons jersey, especially to replace the blue, but it's not bad. Would it be possible to made the "Detroit" wording a little bigger? I know that there's limited real estate, but maybe stretch it vertically to make a larger mark fit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the Houston Rockets. I have made an alternate jersey named "Rocket Launch"594d859df3243_rocketsrebrandhome.thumb.png.479eea43d8692f4ac58c6902743ed4c6.png594d85f726612_rocketsrebrandaway.thumb.png.e7f1164c04e79e11a0b7455e37bc87c5.png594d8619c5be1_rocketsrebrandalt.thumb.png.bb7f822ee931cd6429823c4998eaf6d7.png

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lighterblue/purple trim on the alternates seems a bit out of place. i think the gradient stripe on the jersey deserves to be extended to the shorts. also the NOB and the number do not appear to be centered correctly. other than that great concept!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is your best one yet your improving!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now