NBA Redesign by CinnamonRoll21 (Utah Jazz)

CinnamonRoll21

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I think these are ugly. Gradients generally don't look good (unless you're going for a loud 90s throwback).

The home uniform needs to be mostly white, not a red-white gradient.

Every uniform has white trim around the neck and sleeve holes. That's lazy.

What's with the baseball undershirts? Most rules state if a player is wearing sleeves, they must be the same color as the predominant color of the jersey (at least the top half of it). You already have the white compression/shooting sleeve. They all need to match.

This looks like you tried to fill in every section of the uniform without thinking how they'd look in real life.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

45 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Sorry, I think these are ugly. Gradients generally don't look good (unless you're going for a loud 90s throwback).

The home uniform needs to be mostly white, not a red-white gradient.

Every uniform has white trim around the neck and sleeve holes. That's lazy.

What's with the baseball undershirts? Most rules state if a player is wearing sleeves, they must be the same color as the predominant color of the jersey (at least the top half of it). You already have the white compression/shooting sleeve. They all need to match.

This looks like you tried to fill in every section of the uniform without thinking how they'd look in real life.

I think those are meant to be shooting shirts.  But i also agree here, there isnt must place for that kind of gradient in todays jerseys, aside for arizona.  but even then arizona uses red and navy, the volt and gradient is just a little too much.  I do like the idea though.  Maybe try to copy arizona's style but use colors that mostly match the main color, like white to black or gray, black to red or vice versa?  Maybe volt to red but the red would have to be dark to avoid straining the eyes too much.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I definitely see what you're going for with those '90s Hawks uniforms, and I love the uniqueness of bringing back the gradient. That said, I think each uniform set has a different issue to address.

#1 - The biggest issue here is the practicality -- with white uniforms being worn at home and color uniforms being worn on the road, this color scheme may not be a viable option. The home counterpart to those '90s Hawks uniforms were all white and sans the gradient.

#2 - The amount of volt in the side panels and waistband feels overabundant, and the white text outlined in volt is abrasive. There's a reason the Hawks didn't include any white in their recent re-design aside from the base color of their home uniforms. Also, note the yellow on those '90s Hawks uniforms -- it's a little more subdued than volt, but even then is employed sparingly as a peripheral color. 

#3 - The black-volt gradient probably has too much contrast between those two colors, and yet a third dimension of rather abrasive contrast is created with the red side panels and waistband. Also, for the sake of the gradient as well as consistency, I'd give the back of the jersey the full gradient treatment instead of the solid color back panel obstructing it.

Also, as @slapshot noted, the white collar and armhole trim feels a bit lazy and out of place on the second and third sets.

I like your idea, but I think finding a better balance of these three strong colors will really help improve your next update.

I'm not sure how I feel about this Nike template even though it's probably the one Nike might use for some of all of the teams.

58 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this Nike template even though it's probably the one Nike might use for some of all of the teams.

The Nike template he's using is actually about 4-5 years old. The Nike NBA jerseys will be based on their latest template, but it'll be adapted to fit the looks of each team.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So I accidentally skipped the Nets, but here they are. I added the red and blue from their 1970s ABA titles. Since this is the Clippers' current color scheme, that means that I'm giving the Clippers a new color scheme.

59258fe32172d_netsrebrand.thumb.png.290d3e2c8f0c7c379493b7bde327834c.png5925900660446_netsrebrandaway.thumb.png.08e39a6e3941c6f5cd0708c1e6fb3209.png

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

I think the addition of the red and blue is a bit too much, this set would probably look much better without it, particularly on the away jersey on which the name on the back is quite hard to see.

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

Recently on the Nets I think the Blue and the Red don't really add anything on white and black. Especially over the black color, it's going to be very hard or even impossible to see it from a distance unless you make those two colors really bright, but even that would look very weird. Then on the white jersey it just looks like I need those 3D glasses to see the right thing. Maybe there's a way to make red and blue part of the uniform, but over black and having a red, blue, red, blue pattern to me doesn't work. Maybe it's something lighter like the collar having a red and blue outline?

I also feel you should think about what your 76ers are going to look like. Do you think the red and blue stars are going to be too similar?

Archived