Selkirk Steelers logo revamp(logo updated)

72freebie

Hey guys this is something I have been working on for the past little while. I wanted to re brand to Selkirk Steelers of the Manitoba Junior Hockey league. I think that their current logo is getting outdated and that the tea could use an update. This is one of my first logos using a human mascot and I want to get better at them so please leave lots of criticism because I know that this can be improved. I personally think that the hands could use some tweaking but please leave a comment and help me out.

my logo

primary-logo.thumb.png.ef47ac6b282123ca70963bc5539cdafd.png

here is their current logo

979_selkirk-steelers-primary-.gif

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Alright thanks everybody for the comments. Here s the first logo revision. I have added pupils to the eyes and gotten rid of the lines on the fingers. I have also split the wordmark and the torso. Tell me what you think.

primary-logo.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Alright thanks everybody for the comments. Here s the first logo revision. I have added pupils to the eyes and gotten rid of the lines on the fingers. I have also split the wordmark and the torso. Tell me what you think.

primary-logo.png

At first, I thought the "eyes" in the original were just sunglasses. Perhaps that could be a way to go? I still feel like the eyes are very awkward in this one.

I think the biggest problem with the hands is that the fingers look like small noodles rather than rigid boned fingers. Maybe a look at more reference images to get how the fingers would look, how they would bend, etc. Right now it just looks like the hand is plopped on top of the beam which instead you want it to look like it's wrapping around. Perhaps dont show the full fingers, because that's whats making it look broken or like noodles. Maybe show his hands like knuckles on a fist to show he's gripping the beam? Then you have less bend to work with, and that shape is much more common and easier to achieve.

Archived