BigBryArab

NBA Nike Project (updated 6/24 Rockets)

54 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The first one appeals more to me personally, but the second one is more "Bulls", if that makes sense.

honestly, thats how i felt as well thats why i posted both

 

 

11 hours ago, sayahh said:

I get it.  The first one actually looks like a knockoff Bulls jersey.  I played with more combinations; not sure if they're improvements, but try them out for size.

 

 

Untitled1.png

 

i feel these are probably the best balance and look overall the best out of any of the ones posted. thanks for the assistance !

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sayahh said:

I get it.  The first one actually looks like a knockoff Bulls jersey.  I played with more combinations; not sure if they're improvements, but try them out for size.

 

 

Untitled1.png

 

Classy look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, BigBryArab said:

Phoenix Suns

slightly altered schemes. I like a lot of the themes and ideas of their current set but i think the execution is wrong. so i tried to keep some of those while creating my own unique version of it

.5939cc609ea56_sunshome.thumb.png.593b985a14fd8464fe47e4f4400b8e12.png5939cc56a822a_sunsaway.thumb.png.8af14905861badf5a4792300179e7635.png5939cc4c9a527_sunsawayalt.thumb.png.1fe7161cec3f63978b1ef65d1c73f00a.png5939cc698eab4_sunsPhxnights.thumb.png.7e0ddb41747e2925da599afc1f337c21.png

The black alt really stands out to me. Looks great. As another poster mentioned, it's possible that the other jerseys could look good in that style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the quick break

 

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

like a lot of concepts i wanted to touch on the nautical theme. went back to the lighter shade of blue which gives them more of a unique identity as opposed to royal blue and red.

For the homes i couldn't decide if i liked the the grey or blue water design on the shorts. (blue will obviously look more like actual water but grey is more subtle/isnt too loud which his what i was going for)594ab1972dffc_Clippershoxme(1).thumb.png.e9b5b5040a56bbbe1d188b016792f1af.png594ab18d77cde_Clippershome(1).thumb.png.28ffb8cef14f3179f843b12b08fb5e1c.png594ab17931a6f_Clippersawayalt(1).thumb.png.d14d16d8913a36aa59726ac16d26e0c0.png594ab16f17011_Clippersaway(1).thumb.png.59afcb883a591a29fd4e4fcd41d7adf4.png

"Deep Sea" alternates

594ab183ba220_CLippersdeepsea.thumb.png.3e775586b0df1a8abe8f6f1fee7720ff.png

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacramento Kings

i never particularly liked the grey in any of their color schemes. went with the gold which was always executed poorly imo when gold was used previously 594c4d3ac094c_kingshome1.thumb.png.d19de6d5e248dd75ebc39600dfb26cf5.png594c4d27e0969_kingsAWAY1.thumb.png.fc758e036b9c12496fa63bb7f488572b.png594c4d316529a_kingsgold1.thumb.png.dc76fe1d1e978d0b29e6fa5d8da65c25.png

C&C appreciated i would like to know everyones opinions, criticism and what i can work on. thank you!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, BigBryArab said:

Sorry for the quick break

 

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

like a lot of concepts i wanted to touch on the nautical theme. went back to the lighter shade of blue which gives them more of a unique identity as opposed to royal blue and red.

For the homes i couldn't decide if i liked the the grey or blue water design on the shorts. (blue will obviously look more like actual water but grey is more subtle/isnt too loud which his what i was going for)594ab1972dffc_Clippershoxme(1).thumb.png.e9b5b5040a56bbbe1d188b016792f1af.png594ab18d77cde_Clippershome(1).thumb.png.28ffb8cef14f3179f843b12b08fb5e1c.png594ab17931a6f_Clippersawayalt(1).thumb.png.d14d16d8913a36aa59726ac16d26e0c0.png594ab16f17011_Clippersaway(1).thumb.png.59afcb883a591a29fd4e4fcd41d7adf4.png

"Deep Sea" alternates

594ab183ba220_CLippersdeepsea.thumb.png.3e775586b0df1a8abe8f6f1fee7720ff.png

 

This is (nautical) miles ahead of what they currently wear. Even the BFBS looks decent. As for the waves, I would go with blue. Not only is it more realistic, it also avoids the potential issue of adding another color to the scheme - plus, from a distance, the grey might lack the definition necessary for fans to tell what the shape even is. Ya can't be TOO subtle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigBryArab said:

Sacramento Kings

i never particularly liked the grey in any of their color schemes. went with the gold which was always executed poorly imo when gold was used previously 594c4d3ac094c_kingshome1.thumb.png.d19de6d5e248dd75ebc39600dfb26cf5.png594c4d27e0969_kingsAWAY1.thumb.png.fc758e036b9c12496fa63bb7f488572b.png594c4d316529a_kingsgold1.thumb.png.dc76fe1d1e978d0b29e6fa5d8da65c25.png

C&C appreciated i would like to know everyones opinions, criticism and what i can work on. thank you!

You definitely need some purple on the black alt to keep it from looking too much like the Raptors' "Drake" alt. I would include black in the regular home and road uniforms as well if you're going to use it for the third. Black doesn't fit well with the Clips' red and light blue, but it fits very well (IMO) with purple and metallic gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

This is (nautical) miles ahead of what they currently wear. Even the BFBS looks decent. As for the waves, I would go with blue. Not only is it more realistic, it also avoids the potential issue of adding another color to the scheme - plus, from a distance, the grey might lack the definition necessary for fans to tell what the shape even is. Ya can't be TOO subtle.

 

21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

You definitely need some purple on the black alt to keep it from looking too much like the Raptors' "Drake" alt. I would include black in the regular home and road uniforms as well if you're going to use it for the third. Black doesn't fit well with the Clips' red and light blue, but it fits very well (IMO) with purple and metallic gold.

the 2nd Clippers alt is actually blue not black. for the kings i have to agree with you the purple does look better on the black. heres the aways with black as well. for the homes i can't find the right balance and prefer them sans black

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigBryArab said:

 

the 2nd Clippers alt is actually blue not black. for the kings i have to agree with you the purple does look better on the black. heres the aways with black as well. for the homes i can't find the right balance and prefer them sans black

594c9c909ffad_kingswgold12.thumb.png.1493d20bea86e6eda9150fd79ec1c7d8.png594ca16b19556_kdingsAWAY1.thumb.png.18394ff783ea6db8b7d2b3bddb67284c.png

Wow, you're right, the second Clips alt is blue, navy blue, it's as blue as it can be. 

 

Don't want to get too formulaic, but just as you have all purple on the black alt (which now looks fantastic) outlined in gold, you should do the same for the black on the purple uniform, for visibility's sake. "Kings" and "Hield" are a little hard to read right now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Wow, you're right, the second Clips alt is blue, navy blue, it's as blue as it can be. 

 

Don't want to get too formulaic, but just as you have all purple on the black alt (which now looks fantastic) outlined in gold, you should do the same for the black on the purple uniform, for visibility's sake. "Kings" and "Hield" are a little hard to read right now.

(btw I'm going to delete the concepts i posted as replies and make an "official update" thank you for your feedback!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacramento Kings official update

594d8d6eb4b99_kingshome1.thumb.png.db1ba3e270a7f1a9e36900079630367d.png

594d8d7bad0b7_kingswgold12d.thumb.png.7099ffa73e24f2e82e3e41eb89377f6b.png594d8d8a1ba6c_kingswgold12.thumb.png.18397610ccc5902df864dfbf54d992c6.png

 

San Antonio Spurs Official Update

in retrospect i found my initial concept for the Spurs bland and lazily executed. i wanted to try something ambitious so added the olive/army green. SASHome.thumb.png.3e4337493126c686c027dd3b17643a87.pngSASaway.thumb.png.af0d68b0488c0ffb5fa7fdf5ba27b96c.png594d9238ba9b2_SASawayALT.thumb.png.e6a14090b04dd9d28bc0d48ae07a28c8.png

 

"Fiesta Fauxback"

SASawayfaux.thumb.png.44138d2a742d2e0b834b39cfe2e8c4d5.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigBryArab said:

Sacramento Kings official update

594d8d6eb4b99_kingshome1.thumb.png.db1ba3e270a7f1a9e36900079630367d.png

594d8d7bad0b7_kingswgold12d.thumb.png.7099ffa73e24f2e82e3e41eb89377f6b.png594d8d8a1ba6c_kingswgold12.thumb.png.18397610ccc5902df864dfbf54d992c6.png

 

San Antonio Spurs Official Update

in retrospect i found my initial concept for the Spurs bland and lazily executed. i wanted to try something ambitious so added the olive/army green. SASHome.thumb.png.3e4337493126c686c027dd3b17643a87.pngSASaway.thumb.png.af0d68b0488c0ffb5fa7fdf5ba27b96c.png594d9238ba9b2_SASawayALT.thumb.png.e6a14090b04dd9d28bc0d48ae07a28c8.png

 

"Fiesta Fauxback"

SASawayfaux.thumb.png.44138d2a742d2e0b834b39cfe2e8c4d5.png

You should make an entire set out of the "Fiesta Fauxback" plus a few flourishes of silver.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You should make an entire set out of the "Fiesta Fauxback" plus a few flourishes of silver.

maybe once i finish the project as a whole ill do different sets so ill keep this in mind. for now I'm okay with these as a once or twice a season alternates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston Rockets

Rockets are loooong overdue for a new set. not that i think they have a terrible uniform currently, but i think they're best in the past in the TMac-Yao era. i don't expect the NOB to be too well received, and i do have a different set where the line is horizontal, but i went with these because of the uniqueness and i wanted feedback on how others like the style.594eddd21d7eb_rocketshome.thumb.png.b010fb3584e20086537dcd0582277b5d.png594eddc8895f6_rocketsaway.thumb.png.9e86dafcc054458f8356fd3bd38ae048.png594eddbe58f9d_rocketsawayalt.thumb.png.63ffbab88aabb2c9e1833c1d5b250264.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now