SFGiants58

MLB: Project 32 - Los Angeles Dodgers, Pt. II Added

Recommended Posts

MJD7    909

My favorite part of the design is undoubtably the wave effect; that's such a cool design to have on a baseball uniform and works perfectly within the theme. It's also a nice way to fit in the front number nicely.

 

Looking forward to Washington!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the admiral    10,240

Pretty cool. I'd really like to see another team give fancy name lettering a try, like the old untucked-and-collared White Sox. The Red Sox could have done it if they weren't bound to keeping those old-time numbers. The wavy scripts are cool and would be just as apt for the Mariners, like you said. Yellow outlined in black may have legibility issues at small sizes (read; NOB) that it wouldn't have vice-versa, though.

 

I really like the primary in and of itself, but as I was saying about the Buccaneers crowding the field, it would be accused of being too close to Bucco Bruce. 

Looking forward to the nasty Nats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittSmith_95    628

The wave effect of the wordmark & the number font used for version 2 of the Pirates looks great! I also love the update to the Wayne/Gibson Pirate (I've heard people say it looks like John Wayne, others claim they see Mel Gibson..... I see both) & feel he looks more like a regular human now than a rough sketch someone did. Great work. 

 

The Natinals are a team in which I feel a lot of directions can be taken & I can't wait to see them as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SS8609    9

Once again, great series on many fronts. I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal took up this concept for their inevitable revival. And I will say that the Phillies going in the direction of William Penn (and by that logic, blue and yellow) would make for an interesting shift to distinguish themselves amongst the NL East.

 

Looking forward to seeing the Nats' concept, and already predicting that the alternate take will either be a rehash of the original Nats made famous in "Damn Yankees", the old Washington Senators before they redeployed to Texas, or what the Expos would have become had DC bottlenecked the stadium funding and the Expos instead ending up moving to Northern Virginia (They are the Commonwealth's MLB team by default after all).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFGiants58    1,901
On 8/27/2017 at 6:04 PM, the admiral said:

Pretty cool. I'd really like to see another team give fancy name lettering a try, like the old untucked-and-collared White Sox. The Red Sox could have done it if they weren't bound to keeping those old-time numbers. The wavy scripts are cool and would be just as apt for the Mariners, like you said. Yellow outlined in black may have legibility issues at small sizes (read; NOB) that it wouldn't have vice-versa, though.

 

I really like the primary in and of itself, but as I was saying about the Buccaneers crowding the field, it would be accused of being too close to Bucco Bruce. 

Looking forward to the nasty Nats.

 

Thanks! The fancy block NOB lettering is a fun touch. I'm inverting the NOB colors in an update, if only because of legibility. I do agree that the primary looks too much like Bucco Bruce, which is why I've never liked the Pirates using portraits of privateers. While I don't think you're going to like my main Nats concept, I'm almost certain you'll love my alternate take.

 

On 8/27/2017 at 6:04 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

The wave effect of the wordmark & the number font used for version 2 of the Pirates looks great! I also love the update to the Wayne/Gibson Pirate (I've heard people say it looks like John Wayne, others claim they see Mel Gibson..... I see both) & feel he looks more like a regular human now than a rough sketch someone did. Great work. 

 

The Natinals are a team in which I feel a lot of directions can be taken & I can't wait to see them as well. 

 

Thanks. Some people say George Clooney, but I don't see it. Reviewing the mark and updating it gave me a whole new level of respect for what guys like @ren69 do. Those logos are tough subjects.

 

Anyway, Nationals time!

 

WASHINGTON NATIONALS, PT. I - Adding a golden touch to DC.

 

When it comes to the Nats, I am one of the most pro-DC people you will find. While I do understand that the "curly W" on a red cap has become a symbol of the team, I've never been able to connect to it. I've always loved the "DC" logo, as I liked the idea of each Washington baseball team having their unique logo with little overlap ("block W" for the Sens MK. I/AL Nats, "curly W" for the Sens MK. II, and DC for the NL Nats). "DC" seems to be the preferred (and legal) name for the city, so it makes sense to go with it for the insignia.

 

I made navy (282 C) the primary color (they play near the Navy Yard, after all), brightened the red, and I added metallic gold to the set. I thought it gave the marks more "oomph" and helped to differentiate them from the Twins (while bringing them closer to the current Twins ) and Braves. Since I wanted to use the scripts instead of the old wordmarks, I opted for double outlines on all of the elements. It was a way to get the impact of beveling without using the bevels.

 

The 2005 alternate mark becomes the primary (with the excellent Albertus font), while the updated "DC" is a secondary. The tertiary is a roundel with the sleeve stripe design (inspired by George Washington's Coat of Arms/the Washington D.C. flag) with the proper founding date of 2005. It's an extended apology for the "Est. 1905" crap.

 

VjfDmoi.png

 

The uniforms are an evolution of my previous design. I'll repeat much of what I said over there. I tweaked the "Nationals" script to better resemble the "Washington" script and the unused script. Here is a comparison. The "Washington" script underwent a color flip and gained a powder blue-tinted base. I liked the way that color interacted with the metallic gold. Both scripts have gold outlines, which gives them a bit more "heft" without resorting to bevels. My DC flag-inspired stripes (which other concept artists have picked up on, @MJD7 and @Lights Out) receive tweaks to fit with the new color scheme. The odd striping and the addition of gold help reinforce the Nats' status as a modern team in a traditional market, like the Minnesota Wild or the Winnipeg Jets Mk. II. The sock stripes now match the sleeve trim (minus the stars). The number font is the Twins' block with serifs, as it was thin enough to work with the scripts. I also used block condensed for the NOB's, to get that three-layer look right. I've taken a crummy look for the Twins, and turned it into a solid look for the Nats!

 

zCf5EMM.png

 

The first set of alternates maintain the themes of the primaries. The red jersey shows off the interlocking "DC" logo as a crest, with a "curly W" on the cap. It's my attempt at throwing a bone to the fans of the "curly W" and avoid cap/jersey redundancy. It also uses the post-2011 "curly W," which has a few improvements on the original. The navy alternate is a color-flipped version of the home uniform.

 

2opEXKI.png

 

The second set of alts includes a red-billed version of the primary cap for home wear (I like the way it looks) and a mishmash of several Sens MK. I/AL Nationals/Sens MK. II looks. It's got the script w/o piping and "curly W" styling of the 1969-71 Senators, the white-bottomed socks and double patches of the 1924 team, and the red dominance of the '68-'71 squads. The uniform pays tribute to the city's baseball history, while still being part of the NL Nats' identity. It's also another attempt to throw a bone to the red-centric fans and the "curly W's" brand equity.

 

acvGvHO.png

 

Now the Nationals can homage each of the previous Washington baseball teams while presenting a look that makes them stand out in the NL East/Major Leagues. They can blend both traditional (scripts, block fonts, and navy-dominance) and modern (gold accents, "DC" logo, and stripes) elements. C+C is appreciated!

 

For the alternate take, I rescue the bevels from the salvage heap!

Edited by SFGiants58
I added links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the admiral    10,240

I like this. The sock stripes are a nice touch to help them stand out from other navy/red teams and to get gold involved with the bevels removed. Going back to a more traditional block number set rather than lazily paint-bucketing the bevels out of the heavier varsity serif makes a world of difference. (Speaking of those numbers, now that I think about it, as much as I liked them on the original Nationals, weren't they kind of a mismatch with the tall, thin, and sans-serif letters of the scripts? Shouldn't they have looked closer to, say, Agency numbers?)

 

I think there's a little problem with the tertiary/sleeve stripes in that you're using the DC flag but changing the color from red to navy. Of course, the blue and white Toronto Maple Leafs come to mind here, but the Maple Leafs predate the Canadian flag we know today. I think it's tough to do a palette swap on a flag, which is why the flag of Chicago, as ~iconic~ as those six-pointed stars are, doesn't lend itself to team uniforms: it requires either shoehorning in a pale shade of blue that no team uses or recoloring the flag and ceasing to be what it is. And it's too bad I'm being such a bear on this because the DC flag would lend itself wonderfully to a primarily red Nats design, but you and I appear to be in agreement that the Nats should be a primarily navy blue team, not just because of the Navy Yard but (and this may just be me here) because the Capitals and NotBullets are red-dominant and I see no imperative to co-brand with someone else's properties. The Leonsis teams can have their spin on the flag colors, the Nats can have their own, and the Redskins can just do their own thing independent of flag stuff.

 

I really like the scripts and the subtle gold outlines. Even though I'm Team Original Design on the Natinals, I really like the way the cursive Nationals script looks (but not the Washington one, oddly enough, considering both were built around the Curly W) and would welcome it on dugout jackets even with beveled scripts everywhere else. It's so frustrating that the team has never embraced it while going all-in on the Curly W, a logo associated not only with the failure of the pre-Rangers but now the Nats' own October faceplants. Excellent job cleaning it up, like many good cleanup jobs (Arizona Cardinals), you don't notice the improvements till they're side by side. So all in all, good job.

 

I cobbled together a Nats-specific condensed block for NOBs (meant to be the one and only straight-across NOB in the majors) a few years ago but I don't remember whether I ever got around to posting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,052

Excellent job on the Nationals. The gold is a great addition and works much better for Washington than Minnesota. However, I don't think it's needed on the retro alt because it kind of bleeds into the cream. 
 

The red alt looks like it's missing...something. Have you thought about adding placket piping and/or front numbers like the Nats' actual red alt has? If you had to pick one over the other, I'd go with front numbers, since all the other jersey options have them. 

 

Can't wait for Part II and the conclusion of the NL East!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJD7    909

I'm unsure about this set in the same sense that I'm still unsure of how I feel about the Twins using gold. It's just that it's very difficult (nearly impossible, really) to have the gold & red touch and not have it look muddled. Though I will admit like @coco1997 said that gold works much better for the Nats than it does for the Twins.

 

With that being said, I still think you did the best you possibly could have done with this. It does look very nice. I particularly like how the light blue-tinted road looks (I think I've liked every tinted road uniform so far), and the alternates also turned out very nice. One minor suggestion I have would be to make the cleats red on the red alt.

 

I don't know if this would be any better, but maybe try making the wordmarks and numbers red, like they are on the retro alt? That way, the gold and the red would be separated by a cooler color. It would also possibly fix the DC flag issue. It'd be a bit more difficult to keep things predominantly navy, but you can still do that with the caps, undershirts, and socks.

 

Great work, looking forward to Part II!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFGiants58    1,901

Thanks guys!

 

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

I like this. The sock stripes are a nice touch to help them stand out from other navy/red teams and to get gold involved with the bevels removed. Going back to a more traditional block number set rather than lazily paint-bucketing the bevels out of the heavier varsity serif makes a world of difference. (Speaking of those numbers, now that I think about it, as much as I liked them on the original Nationals, weren't they kind of a mismatch with the tall, thin, and sans-serif letters of the scripts? Shouldn't they have looked closer to, say, Agency numbers?)

 

I think there's a little problem with the tertiary/sleeve stripes in that you're using the DC flag but changing the color from red to navy. Of course, the blue and white Toronto Maple Leafs come to mind here, but the Maple Leafs predate the Canadian flag we know today. I think it's tough to do a palette swap on a flag, which is why the flag of Chicago, as ~iconic~ as those six-pointed stars are, doesn't lend itself to team uniforms: it requires either shoehorning in a pale shade of blue that no team uses or recoloring the flag and ceasing to be what it is. And it's too bad I'm being such a bear on this because the DC flag would lend itself wonderfully to a primarily red Nats design, but you and I appear to be in agreement that the Nats should be a primarily navy blue team, not just because of the Navy Yard but (and this may just be me here) because the Capitals and NotBullets are red-dominant and I see no imperative to co-brand with someone else's properties. The Leonsis teams can have their spin on the flag colors, the Nats can have their own, and the Redskins can just do their own thing independent of flag stuff.

 

I really like the scripts and the subtle gold outlines. Even though I'm Team Original Design on the Natinals, I really like the way the cursive Nationals script looks (but not the Washington one, oddly enough, considering both were built around the Curly W) and would welcome it on dugout jackets even with beveled scripts everywhere else. It's so frustrating that the team has never embraced it while going all-in on the Curly W, a logo associated not only with the failure of the pre-Rangers but now the Nats' own October faceplants. Excellent job cleaning it up, like many good cleanup jobs (Arizona Cardinals), you don't notice the improvements till they're side by side. So all in all, good job.

 

I cobbled together a Nats-specific condensed block for NOBs (meant to be the one and only straight-across NOB in the majors) a few years ago but I don't remember whether I ever got around to posting it.

 

Thanks! I too found it odd that the font had clearly-defined slab serifs, even though the 'S" was the only letter with serifs. I think you'll be happy with my alternate take's number choice.

 

I do agree that recoloring the DC flag elements to work as a striping pattern does take it a bit far from a direct homage. However, I still think it's a solid of civic iconography (albeit with different coloration and proportions). It's also symbolic of how the Nats are the third D.C. Metro Area team (because Calvin Griffith was the Donald Sterling of his day and because Robert Short was a doofus), and the second team to use the name "Nationals." While that's not something to celebrate, it makes for a good "mythology gag" and an alternate explanation for the DC flag-like design.

 

You posted a concept for the Nationals with that NOB, but not the whole font. I liked what you did with the bevels, and it influenced my work a lot.

 

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Excellent job on the Nationals. The gold is a great addition and works much better for Washington than Minnesota. However, I don't think it's needed on the retro alt because it kind of bleeds into the cream. 
 

The red alt looks like it's missing...something. Have you thought about adding placket piping and/or front numbers like the Nats' actual red alt has? If you had to pick one over the other, I'd go with front numbers, since all the other jersey options have them. 

 

Can't wait for Part II and the conclusion of the NL East!

 

Thanks. I'm dropping the gold outline on the creme alt, as the creme makes a good gold substitute. I'm also adding a front number to the red jersey, as it does balance the elements a bit more.

 

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I'm unsure about this set in the same sense that I'm still unsure of how I feel about the Twins using gold. It's just that it's very difficult (nearly impossible, really) to have the gold & red touch and not have it look muddled. Though I will admit like @coco1997 said that gold works much better for the Nats than it does for the Twins.

 

With that being said, I still think you did the best you possibly could have done with this. It does look very nice. I particularly like how the light blue-tinted road looks (I think I've liked every tinted road uniform so far), and the alternates also turned out very nice. One minor suggestion I have would be to make the cleats red on the red alt.

 

I don't know if this would be any better, but maybe try making the wordmarks and numbers red, like they are on the retro alt? That way, the gold and the red would be separated by a cooler color. It would also possibly fix the DC flag issue. It'd be a bit more difficult to keep things predominantly navy, but you can still do that with the caps, undershirts, and socks.

 

Great work, looking forward to Part II!

 

Thanks! I was going for the muddled look. I wanted the gold and red to blend a bit, as it gave the script more weight and it still reads as red from a distance. I tried having red and gold separated, but that created a problem when I had white outlined with gold. I figured that the red/gold blending was better looking than the white/gold contrast, so I went with that. If I tried to have things predominantly navy while also having red elements, it'd make the team look too much like the Braves. 

 

I'm going to pair red cleats with the red alt, as it does complete the "red-centric" look a bit more than the current set-up.

 

Now, it's alternate take time!

 

WASHINGTON NATIONALS, PT. II - Salvage Operation: the beveled Nats

 

Let's flash back to late 2004. Our good buddy Todd Radom is working on the identity for the relocated Montréal Expos, which includes a pretty set of beveled scripts and cap insignias that make excellent use of gold. However, good ol' Bud steps in to force the MK. II Senators' "curly W" upon the identity, out of personal preference (as well as the preference of the city leaders) and because of "brand equity" with the franchise's introduction. That decision screwed with the cohesion of the brand. The flip-flopping of red-dominant at home and navy-dominant on the road also didn't help (it was a crummy branding convention of the time). I have decided to fix these issues for the alternate take.

 

Navy is now the primary color, with red and gold as accents. Most of Radom's original brand is intact here, including his beveled "W." While I know that the beveled "W" really doesn't match the "W" in the "Washington" wordmark, it's still got similar aesthetics to the "DC" insignia. Besides, I won't pair that script with that cap mark. No "Est. 1905" logos are here, either. That was a dumb decision to include those, and it made the Nats' attempts to deny the Expos' history even more egregious. The Expos didn't deserve to share in the fates of the St. Louis Browns and Seattle Pilots.

 

YywWdyv.png

 

The uniforms feature a cohesive look. The "DC" logo graces the navy caps, and the secondary becomes the sleeve patch. I went with simple striping that mimicked the 2002-present Angels look (to maintain the early-mid '00's feeling). There are no sock stripes because nobody was adding those in 2004/5. If they had to have sock decorations, I would have ported over the ones from my first concept. Think of it as a streamlined version of @the admiral's old design.

 

The font is a bit different now. Instead of the slab serif letters (which were a bit too thick), the team now uses Agency numbers. I sourced them from Bill Henderson's renderings of the Black Jays' away numbers while thinning the bevels and thickening the outlines.1 I also used a straight-aligned version of the Canucks' Agency NOB font, with three layers. Agency is period-appropriate, and it looks good with the lettering.

 

IfIYAaM.png

 

The first group of alternates is pretty simple. The first one is a red-out version of the home uniform, and the second is a navy jersey with the "DC" crest. It also has the primary as a patch, and the "W" cap to avoid redundancy.

 

80WR9sF.png

 

The second set of alts features a red accessories version of the home uniform. While it looks bad, it can be a half-measure given to Bud and the D.C. leaders' preference for a red-centric look. The other uniform is a faux-back to the final uniforms of the Sens MK. I and the 1963-67 Sens MK. II. It has the "beveled W" cap and navy pinstripes with the "Nationals" cursive script (a plausible design for the period). The Brewers' faux-back run started in 2006, so it's not unreasonable to assume that the Nats would also have one. While some may complain that it looks too much like the Twins' uniforms, the Twins of 2004-05 had a somewhat different look.

 

qwquG6K.png

 

While I'm not the biggest fan of the Nats' beveled look, I hope I've made it a little more cohesive and unique. C+C is appreciated!

 

Up next, NL East updates and an NL West preview!

 

1William F. Henderson, Game Worn Guide to MLB Jerseys: (1970–2015) Seventh Edition (Philadelphia, PA: Aardvark Publishing, 2015), 2793.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,052

Nice job salvaging the Nats' beveled era look. Just like the "Black Jays," you've taken a mid-2000s identity that isn't terribly well liked and made the best of it. 

 

Glad to hear you'll be adding front numbers to the Nats' Part I red alt, as they look really nice on the navy alt here. 

 

Can't wait to see the NL West preview!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittSmith_95    628

The 2nd set for the Nats looks great, except for a minute detail: Why does the cap "W" look so much different from the Washington wordmark "W"? IMO, the W's should match, much like how you've made a matching "D" for the Tigers or the interlocking "NY" for the Yankees. I get that the new "W" might not work with that wordmark, but I'd like to see if there's a way it could be meshed with it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the admiral    10,240

Because they're a fauxback to the 1901-1960 Senat(ionals)ors who wore a block W and a cursive script on pinstripes. It's the original design but with a modern script and a modern block W.

 

y3R9sSq.jpg

Here are those Nats letters I made a couple years ago. It's based on the Bears' condensed block but I want to go back and fine-tune them to match some of the script letters a little better. Maybe I'll TRY beveling, but I think at that size it would be a mess and it would be better to go double-outline to work the gold in. Also, I should try to interpret what matching numbers would look like.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJD7    909
21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Thanks! I was going for the muddled look. I wanted the gold and red to blend a bit, as it gave the script more weight and it still reads as red from a distance. I tried having red and gold separated, but that created a problem when I had white outlined with gold. I figured that the red/gold blending was better looking than the white/gold contrast, so I went with that. If I tried to have things predominantly navy while also having red elements, it'd make the team look too much like the Braves. 

Well, if that's what you intended then it works for me! I was trying to think of navy/red teams that the Nats would look like if they switched the wordmarks, and the Braves funnily never crossed my mind, so that's fair.

 

As for the beveled Nats, it's another case of you doing the best you possibly can with a certain look. I particularly like the W cap logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Lucas    349

It's definitely better than what they wore those first few years. 

 

I noticed that the fauxback shows as cream on the 'intro page' but white on the actual uniform. I hope you meant for the cream...cause it would look a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SFGiants58    1,901
On 9/1/2017 at 0:48 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice job salvaging the Nats' beveled era look. Just like the "Black Jays," you've taken a mid-2000s identity that isn't terribly well liked and made the best of it. 

 

Glad to hear you'll be adding front numbers to the Nats' Part I red alt, as they look really nice on the navy alt here. 

 

Can't wait to see the NL West preview!

 

Thanks! It was a fun little exercise to make the most out of it.

 

On 9/1/2017 at 5:25 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

The 2nd set for the Nats looks great, except for a minute detail: Why does the cap "W" look so much different from the Washington wordmark "W"? IMO, the W's should match, much like how you've made a matching "D" for the Tigers or the interlocking "NY" for the Yankees. I get that the new "W" might not work with that wordmark, but I'd like to see if there's a way it could be meshed with it. 

 

 

 

Thanks! The reason the "W" looked so different was that it was a recreation of Todd Radom's planned "W" insignia. I've always wanted to put that logo out there in a high-res format, and this was the perfect opportunity. Still, I have mocked up a cap with the "W" from the "Washington" script:

 

me4ARtB.png

 

I don't like it nearly as much as the Radom "W." The "DC" is a better choice in both applications.

 

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Because they're a fauxback to the 1901-1960 Senat(ionals)ors who wore a block W and a cursive script on pinstripes. It's the original design but with a modern script and a modern block W.

 

y3R9sSq.jpg

Here are those Nats letters I made a couple years ago. It's based on the Bears' condensed block but I want to go back and fine-tune them to match some of the script letters a little better. Maybe I'll TRY beveling, but I think at that size it would be a mess and it would be better to go double-outline to work the gold in. Also, I should try to interpret what matching numbers would look like.

 

 

 

Thanks! I used that NOB font in my update, with adjustments to the Agency numbers to get that square serif look.

 

8 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

It's definitely better than what they wore those first few years. 

 

I noticed that the fauxback shows as cream on the 'intro page' but white on the actual uniform. I hope you meant for the cream...cause it would look a lot better. 

I meant for it to be white since only the Giants wore creme uniforms full-time back then. Still, I mocked up a creme version:

 

WO5A4CT.png

 

The white does look better, to me.

 

It's update time!

 

Cincinnati Reds: I adopted @the admiral's idea for a slab-serif road script, MJD7's idea to use the custom number font, and a better recreation of the navy/red logo from this Todd Radom tweet.

 

Spoiler

AuhQsLs.png

 

CGgHl4f.png

 

tYj8qXB.png

 

 

Florida Flamingos: I added a keyline to the Flamingo, per @MJD7's suggestion. I also mocked up the logo sheet with the Midnight Green and Light Teal replacing Black and Marlin Blue, again per MJD7's request.

 

Spoiler

uyhhr6w.png

 

fsXQ7om.png

 

hfEt5WS.png

 

RcBFNJm.png

 

cy5vm8T.png

 

 

Montréal Voyageurs: I added knobs to the paddle bottoms on the tertiary, per @coco1997's request. They now look a lot less like spoons.

 

Spoiler

fWY6LWx.png

 

Wc1Prd8.png

 

 

Philadelphia Phillies: Pitching Billy Pen is now the primary logo and the sleeve patch on the alternates. The creme uniform is now white, a suggestion made by @KittSmith_95. I also added some new colored bits to the primary uniforms' shoes.

 

Spoiler

RyOLOpY.png

 

HhxM8RK.png

 

NADggGK.png

 

 

Philadelphia Phillies Alternate Take: I lightened the gold shade and added contrast-colored stars.

 

Spoiler

7WWuuZc.png

 

4CfZ0to.png

 

MKHPwS4.png

 

 

Pittsburgh Pirates Alternate Take: I inverted the NOB colors, per @the admiral's suggestion. It helps a lot with legibility.

 

Spoiler

YYeeZ5q.png

 

7XJQNoL.png

 

m5UdxBd.png

 

 

Washington Nationals: I deleted the gold outline and sock logo on the creme uniform, at @coco1997's request. I've also added front numbers and red cleats to the home alternate, based on the suggestions of @MJD7 and coco1997.

 

Spoiler

1wTXDCD.png

 

bOJp5gv.png

 

MPuJrxZ.png

 
 

 

Washington Nationals Alternate Take: I've implemented @the admiral's NOB font, and adjusted the Agency numbers to match. I also corrected the logo sheet error.

 

Spoiler

UsOkuwu.png

 

RH3Ksnx.png

 

QsmIp69.png

 

pVHrKyw.png

 

 

I hope you guys like the updates! And now, the NL West preview!

 

ElFUPuT.png

 

Feel free to speculate away!

 

Up next, the defending champs, the Chicago Cubs!

Edited by SFGiants58
I added the Reds and Nats' alternates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the admiral    10,240

The W from the old Nats script does not read as a W at all by itself. It just looks like the tines of a fork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,052

The tweaks are all great. Thanks for including the pink socks for the Flamingos; they do really look much better that way. I think you forgot to upload the alternates for the Nationals, though. 

 

Coming down to the home stretch with the NL West! Good to see the Cubs will be getting their '50s style road jerseys back. I think the team I'm most excited to see is Houston, as well as the alternate take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittSmith_95    628

The Brewers teaser has me really excited to see them. The one team I'm unsure about is the Rockies.... those Mountains.... not sure if that colour works well with the purple. 

 

As for the updates:

 

Reds- Update really pops & the new road script is perfection.

 

Flamingos- Simple & the other logo sheet with the Midnight Blue really works. 

 

Voyageurs- Simple tweak, but now I see oars and not spoons. 

 

Phillies- 100 times yes to the creme being gone. That white version works a lot better. 

 

Pirates & Nats also look good, but there's not much I can say about them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now