MLB: Project 32 - New Dugout Jackets Added

SFGiants58

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seals look fantastic. The primary and tertiary logos with the circus seal are a genius idea. My only complaint, which seems kind of petty now, is that I would have liked to see a different color instead of black to differentiate the Seals more from the Giants. Also wanted to point out that the Sunday home cap is the same as the regular home cap. 

Anyway, it was truly a joy to follow this project from beginning to end and I hope I provided some constructive feedback along the way. I'm sad that this series is over but you've earned a break after all the amazing work you've done. I look forward to whatever you have planned next! 

I'm really gonna miss this series. I was thinking for your next series (I know you plan on taking a break) that you could do something similar to this (in style as in one normal redesign and one alternate reality) for a minor hockey league such as the AHL or even the juniors which would be quite long. Anyways awesome work as usual and can't wait to see what's next.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Congratulations on seeing a league concept project through! Great work on the Seals and making a match for the Giants' interesting and underused cursive script. I love the Michael Schwab posters too. The 2007 All-Star Game package was one of my all-time favorites (with 2006 not far behind). And thank you for picking up on stray ideas I've had over the years but had been too incompetent or lazy to do justice in vector graphics. I like to think that beyond all my crappy joke posts on this board, I do have some decent ideas about sports aesthetics and design in general.

Thank you! The Michael Schwab posters always bring a warm sentiment to my heart.

Your aesthetic opinions and ideas are really sound, and I was more than happy to bring some of them to light (especially the new "TC" and the different "death to state names" concepts).

40 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Lym8v.gif

The Seals are a great way to end the series with a splash! I love the scripts made, the choice to go with a look that's similar to the NY Giants, the really nice looking seal logo.... it makes me sad that this series is over :(

Do you have any idea what you have planned next? I need my @SFGiants58 fix as much as I can get it. 

Thanks! I'm a little wistful now that this series is over, as it was so much fun to produce. I'm thinking to do something with defunct teams, the old PCL, or something along those lines. That won't be for a while, though. 

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Seals look fantastic. The primary and tertiary logos with the circus seal are a genius idea. My only complaint, which seems kind of petty now, is that I would have liked to see a different color instead of black to differentiate the Seals more from the Giants. Also wanted to point out that the Sunday home cap is the same as the regular home cap. 

It was truly a joy to follow this project from beginning to end and I hope I provided some constructive feedback along the way. I'm sad that this series is over but you've earned a break after all the amazing work you've done. I look forward to whatever you have planned next! 

Thanks! I've fixed the post to show the correct Sunday home cap. I don't know why I missed it.

Thank for your C+C. It meant a lot to me, and this series would not have been the same without having you guys to bounce ideas off of and critique my designs. Thank you.

The Seals look absolutely beautiful! While seeing a different color than black could have been interesting, it's nearly impossible to go wrong with the classic black and orange. I really love the way the wordmarks look, as well as the use of copper.

Well, looking back on it now, this was without a doubt my favorite series I've seen on these boards, and there have been plenty of great ones. Your fixes of the current MLB were all perfection, and the ideas and execution behind the alternate takes were simply genius. This is definitely a series to be looked back on plenty of times, and it's gonna be difficult to not find some inspiration from going forward!

Absolutely fantastic work, I'd be glad if I was able to help in any way with this wonderful series!

@SFGiants58, it's been an honor to bear witness to this excellent project! This is truly inspired work on how to make the aesthetic of America's national pastime even better, and I can actually see some of these concepts (and alternate takes) making their way to the diamond in the coming years. And feel free to take your time and enjoy life with the ones you care about the most...because everyone needs that good, long stretch to sit back and reflect!

P.S. I've already got some ideas for the NFL, NHL, MLS and a redo of the NBA in mind...Ready to contribute when the timing is right!

23 hours ago, SS8609 said:

@SFGiants58, it's been an honor to bear witness to this excellent project! This is truly inspired work on how to make the aesthetic of America's national pastime even better, and I can actually see some of these concepts (and alternate takes) making their way to the diamond in the coming years. And feel free to take your time and enjoy life with the ones you care about the most...because everyone needs that good, long stretch to sit back and reflect!

P.S. I've already got some ideas for the NFL, NHL, MLS and a redo of the NBA in mind...Ready to contribute when the timing is right!

I too have some ideas when you're ready to tackle the next sport.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Thank you. @davidmiller5 was a big inspiration for the direction some of my concepts went in during this thread. I get why the grey robe would be an issue, but a navy robe would have blended in with the background. I didn't want to go colorful, as that just looked bad. 

Hello @SFGiants58. What a wonderful series. I have been following your thread and checking in every week or so; I just haven't been commenting. The amount of work you put into this is obviously tremendous. Enjoy your well-earned break.

Thanks for the compliment (and also to you, @coco1997). This series has made me want to jump back in and do some designing. I have an idea for an ambitious project, but I'm not sure when (or if) I will have the time for it, as life has gotten quite a bit busier since I was able to do my Combination of Eras series.

Once again, let me commend you for such a thorough and complete series.

All the best,

David

award%20sig.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived