NBA Gridiron -Minor Updates Posted

LAWeaver

It's been almost a full year since I completed my NHL crossover series and over 10 months since I last posted a concept series of any kind... until now, that is! It's time to wrap up the crossover series with the NBA. 

This was a little more difficult than the previous two as the NBA requires a basketball to be a part of at least one logo. Most teams have a ball in their primary logo, so I had to either edit the original logo, or in one particular case, go with a brand new logo. Not all of these will be direct crossovers as I focused on what made the best football uniform and not so much making an exact crossover, so you may see some elements from each team's past.

I'll start the series with each team's home and road uniforms and, depending on reception, will post alternates and maybe even defunct teams at the end. 

Without further ado, here is the Atlantic Division, starting with the Boston Celtics:

KGy0KJo.jpg

Pretty straight-forward. A classic team deserves a classic uniform set.

To add a modern twist, I added metallic helmet decals, similarly to the University of Texas' helmets.

Gold-infused and BFBS alternate uniforms coming soon.

Brooklyn Nets:

U9t3U6s.jpg

In reality, the Football Nets wouldn't be named the Nets. They'd probably be the Americans, but I decided to run with it.

I used the script from the team's early years in New York and applied it to the helmets.

The B-Shield logo makes a return to the chest.

Each stripe features a sublimated herringbone pattern similar to their court.

Gray and fauxback alternate uniforms coming soon.

New York Knicks:

yEDnAOK.jpg

The subway token logo makes a comeback as the team's primary logo. Like the Nets, the Football Knicks would likely have a different name.

The Knicks have a pretty clean identity and one of the best color schemes in the league. The silver helmet and pants help the colors pop even more.

Orange alternate and throwback uniforms coming soon.

Philadelphia 76ers:

E4850gE.jpg

"76" appears on both sides of the helmet.

Thirteen stars adorn the jersey and pants, with three on each sleeve, three on the left side of the pants, and four on the right. 

The helmet stripe mimics the pants and jersey striping with (roughly) 13 stars.

Red alternate uniform coming soon.

Toronto Raptors:

8aMF2nU.jpg

Decided to go back in time and revamp the raptor from the previous generation and use him as the primary logo, which appears on the helmet.

Other than the logos, the uniforms are based on the current threads from the side panels used as the sleeve stripes, and the T-shorts stripe translated to the pants.

Black and Drake-inspired alternate uniforms coming soon.

Tomorrow's batch of teams will come from the Pacific Division. As always, comments, critiques, and constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

These are really cool! I really like the grey helmet and pants for the Knicks, makes the blue and orange pop. I also like the mix of the two raptors brandings, the sleeve stripes remind me more of their last uniforms, don't know if that was intentional, nor do I know if having the "Drake Night" socks as part of the main set was intentional. Only nitpick is that the black outline on the raptors' numbers doesn't look quite right, considering the numbers on the away unis don't have an outline. 

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

13 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Any updates tonight?

Had it ready to go but decided to catch up on the attack Manchester.

Golden State Warriors:

iomqrZK.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge appears on the sleeves.

"WARRIORS" down each pant leg inspired by the Warriors uniforms from 1971 to 1989

Black, Gold, and Throwback alternate uniforms in the pipeline.

Los Angeles Lakers:

OeywOJr.jpg

Logo had to change for obvious reasons.

Decided to keep the home uniform gold for some color-on-color matchups and because the Kings also have purple uniforms.

Striping patterns inspired by the team's side panels.

Purple and Blackout alternates coming soon.

Los Angeles Clippers:

64cVf5c.jpg

Simply removed the basketball from the primary logo and dubbed the "LAC" mark the primary.

Striping pattern loosely based off the team's jerseys.

Since this is a crossover, if it looks bad here, you can blame it on the current identity.

Blackout coming soon featuring a carbon fiber helmet.

Phoenix Suns:

bJHcfzD.jpg

I tried SO HARD to keep black out of this identity, but for the sake of the crossover, I decided to keep it as close to their current identity as possible. 

Satin purple helmet w/ metallic graphics.

Phoenix design appears on the sleeves.

Orange and Black alternates coming soon.

Sacramento Kings:

SADbJpT.jpg 

The alternate logo fits surprisingly well on a football helmet, so it becomes the primary.

Metallic graphite helmet and facemask giving it a "gun metal" look.

Crown and "SAC" wordmark appear on the jersey.

Blackout and throwback alternates in the works. 

Thanks to everyone for the support thus far! I will get to the comments later. Up next: the Southeast Division.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

14 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Had it ready to go but decided to catch up on the attack Manchester.

Golden State Warriors:

iomqrZK.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge appears on the sleeves and acts as the jersey striping.

"WARRIORS" down each pant leg inspired by the Warriors uniforms from 1971 to 1989

Black, Gold, and Throwback alternate uniforms in the pipeline.

So glad Auburn was smart enough to keep Copperplate off the football uniforms.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, Melody22B said:

These are really cool! I really like the grey helmet and pants for the Knicks, makes the blue and orange pop. I also like the mix of the two raptors brandings, the sleeve stripes remind me more of their last uniforms, don't know if that was intentional, nor do I know if having the "Drake Night" socks as part of the main set was intentional. Only nitpick is that the black outline on the raptors' numbers doesn't look quite right, considering the numbers on the away unis don't have an outline. 

Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't sure on the outline myself, either. I think I'll remove it in the update. The Drake socks were my way of plugging him without interrupting the main set.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, MCM0313 said:

I want more!

Well, you've got it!

On 5/21/2017 at 1:00 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Damn that Raptors helmet is nice, love the mix of both generations like Melody said, only nitpick is the Knicks pants stripe looks purple, not blue and orange.

Raptors helmet is one of my favorite in the series, hence why I posted it first. If you think that's cool, just wait until you see Minnesota. The pants stripe may appear purple because I didn't add the "shining" effect to the pants, so they may appear to bleed together a tad on the gray.

On 5/21/2017 at 1:10 PM, TVIXX said:

I'm not really feeling the current numbers with the Dino logos and it might be good to consider their original color scheme

i'm glad you got around to posting these @mr.nascar13

Original scheme will likely appear in a throwback, so stay tuned!

On 5/21/2017 at 6:05 PM, H11K said:

Dang these are outstanding! I really like the New York Knicks Unis, the silver works well with the blue and orange.

Appreciate it!

2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

So glad Auburn was smart enough to keep Copperplate off the football uniforms.

Fun fact: when I was younger (about 12-13, just getting into design), I was big into Copperplate. Now I cringe every time I see it lol. 

Nice job once again on this set.

The Warriors look good, but it doesn't seem quite right without the circle logo on the front. Your hands are kinda tied with this one though. 

The Clippers also look good, but I noticed that you have a black outline on the home numbers, and no outline on the away. The Clips' actual set has blue outlines on both sets of numbers.

The Lakers, Suns and Kings are all nice adaptations, especially the Suns, as the set doesn't feel like its missing the stripes near the numbers.

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

6 hours ago, The Nation said:

For the Raptors sleeves, it would be cool if you used the upward delta pattern that they have on the side panels.

That's exactly what I did.

Going to go ahead and post the Southeast Division while I'm thinking of it. Still taking feedback on the Pacific Division. 

Atlanta Hawks:

ewai4Ol.jpg

Triangle pattern found throughout the uniform, including the helmet and pants stripe as well as the sleeves.

Satin red helmet with metallic stripes and logo.

Red alternate in the pipeline with a throwback likely to happen.

Charlotte Hormets:

qpbOjUd.jpg

Hornet loses some weight and is no longer pregnant with a basketball.

Wings from the logo act as the helmet stripe.

Jersey striping translate over to the football jersey and pants.

Teal and "Buzz City" alternates coming soon.

Miami Heat:

qlynkTi.jpg

Logo had to change, so I based the new one off one of the rejected alternates from several years ago.

Flames act as the helmet stripe.

number font based on their military-inspired uniforms as I simply don't like italicized fonts on uniforms.

Red and throwback alternates coming soon.

Orlando Magic:

GTKnVnj.jpg

Kinda cheated on this one. Couldn't use the flying basketball logo without some major time-consuming changes, so I simply used the old wordmark and freshened it up a bit.

Sublimated stars on the sleeves, also inspired by the previous uniforms. 

Pants stripes based on the current side panels.

Black and silver alternates coming soon.

Washington Wizards:
KYfW5sf.jpg

The wizard makes a return as the primary logo (with some alterations, of course).

Washington Monument stays in the identity as the helmet and pants stripes.

Sleeve stripes inspired by the current home and away uniforms.

Navy  and Baltimore-era fauxback alternates coming soon.

Overall, I'd say the Southeast is my second-favorite division in this series, with the Atlantic division not far behind. Up Next is my favorite division: the Southwest. 

I've had a lot come up between my internship and possibly adding a new freelance job, so I'm going to wrap up the main portion of the series right here, right now, beginning with the Southwest followed by the Central and finishing on the Northwest.

Dallas Mavericks:

AgDf7UF.jpg

Modernized the M-hat logo as it worked better for the uniform than the horse did.

Pants stripes inspired by the skyline alternates.

Navy and throwback alternates coming soon.

Houston Rockets:

cCb9WCb.jpg

Edited the logo slightly, removing the drop shadow and adjusting a few minor details. in the alignment of it all.

First and only team in this series to utilize the shoulder striping.

Pants stripe inspired by the team's current shorts.

"Clutch City" and gray alternates coming soon.

Memphis Grizzlies:

heuyvsV.jpg

Broguht the logo into 2017 by giving the grizzly a minor face lift.

Helmet and pants stripes inspired by the light blue alternates.

Brought back the inline font to separate them from Brooklyn and Cleveland's fonts.

Light Blue and Memphis Sounds alternates coming soon.

New Orleans Pelicans:

GmJmMr7.jpg

New Logo inspired by the 2014 All-Star Game alternate logo.

Pelican wings serve as the helmet stripe with the NO monogram on the back of the helmet Oregon-style.

Pants stripes inspired by the current side panels.

Red and Mardi Gras Alternates coming soon.

San Antonio Spurs:

USxwonp.jpg

Not much to say about this. The spur becomes the primary logo replacing the script.

A classic-looking basketball team deserves a classic-looking football crossover, so simple striping is the theme for the Spurs.

Gray and blackout alternates coming soon.

Stay tuned, because the last two divisions will be posted momentarily.

Keeping the ball rolling with the Central Division:

Chicago Bulls:

80DLBa1.jpg

Bull horns are used as the helmet striping. 

Decided to follow the KISS method and go with simple striping rather than the diamond because it simply doesn't work for a football uniform.

Other than that, not much to report from Chicago.

Black and *shudders* gray alternates coming soon.

Cleveland Cavaliers:

kl36t1H.jpg

The Drop-shadowed C becomes the primary logo.

Sword from the alternate logo becomes the main striping pattern on the helmet and the pants, though I may remove it from the helmet as it does seem a little overkill.

Went simple with the jersey striping and decided to go with contrasting sleeves for the road uniform.

A S**t-ton of alternates are coming soon.

Detroit Pistons:

v2PGzQk.jpg

The Pistons are one of the oldest teams in the league, so I decided to go with a classic-looking white helmet and red facemask.

New primary logo for football inspired by the new basketball logo.

Striping patterns pulled straight from the current uniforms.

"Chrome" and red alternates coming soon.

Indiana Pacers:

z5NsOD0.jpg

New logo, replacing the basketball with a football, something that tripped my up in my original attempt at this series last year.

jersey stripe based on the uniforms from the 90s.

Gold and 90s throwback uniforms coming soon.

Milwaukee Bucks:

85fUuDM.jpg

Made a slight tweak to the logo, removing the basketball reference in the antlers. 

Antlers act as the helmet stripe.

Jersey striping inspired by the side panels from the current uniform.

Black "Fear the Deer" and purple-era throwbacks coming soon.

Wrapping things up with the Northwest momentarily.

Northwest Division:

Denver Nuggets:

OhpWBnw.jpg

Alternate logo becomes the primary, replacing the basketball with a football.

Cutoff striping on the pants and helmet similar to the team's actual uniforms.

Crazy gold fauxback and whiteout alternates coming soon.

Minnesota Timberwolves:

NB5gdgM.jpg

This one was created completely from scratch since it seems the T-Wolves are going in a whole new direction with their uniforms.

Satin navy blue helmets with a slight carbon fiber finish, featuring an over-sized metallic wolf on the sides. 

Navy jersey with green sleeves to change things up a bit. Numbers font inspired by the new wordmark.

Sublimated pine tree pattern on the sleeves inspired by the promotional photos used to tease the new logo release.

Pine tree featured at the base of the pants striping. 

Oklahoma City Thunder:

K0u2pAF.jpg

Almost went full rebrand mode here,but decided to work with what I've got.

OKC wordmark becomes the primary logo with the two random slashes kept in.

Yellow has been eliminated from the identity.

Pants striping inspired by the white sleeved uniforms.

Orange and whiteout alternate uniforms.

Portland Trail Blazers:

5qge5IN.jpg

Another new look, only I had a little bit more to work with here.

Jersey and pants striping inspired by the whole 45-degree motif.

Number font based on the "Trail Blazers" portion of the new wordmark.

Red and "Rip City" alternates coming soon.

Utah Jazz:

08ObAsx.jpg

Replaced the basketball with the football in the music note logo.

Jersey stripes translate pretty well to football.

Purple fauxback and green alternate uniforms coming soon.

Thanks to everyone who liked, commented, etc. Still taking feedback on the entire series up to this point. So far, I have at least one alternate per team, but as I mentioned before, I have a freelance job opportunity I'm trying to secure as well as an internship I'm starting this week, so I may just scatter everything across the summer.

Archived