North Korean Hockey (Koryo Hockey League)

JCRGraphix

12 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

Criticism is not only allowed, but greatly appreciated. Feedback is the reason for posting on here. It helps you grow as an artist.

That being said, I addressed this. This is just for fun for me to work on some different techniquesand whatnot. This is not a realistic North Korean hockey league and shouldn't be viewed as such.

I apologize. You simply touched on one of my jersey/logo pet peeves and though I enjoyed your designs, that little voice kept popping up and had to say something.

My friend thinks that players in the NHL should have their names in their respective language/alphabet. It makes for interesting discussions. He has a Teemu Selanne jersey from a tournament in Russia where Selanne's name is on it in cyrillic.

Again, I apologize for missing your whole point of this concept.

30 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

I apologize. You simply touched on one of my jersey/logo pet peeves and though I enjoyed your designs, that little voice kept popping up and had to say something.

My friend thinks that players in the NHL should have their names in their respective language/alphabet. It makes for interesting discussions. He has a Teemu Selanne jersey from a tournament in Russia where Selanne's name is on it in cyrillic.

Again, I apologize for missing your whole point of this concept.

Although interesting, having the name on the back of the jerseys usually is suppose to help fans recognize players on the ice, and also the play by play. So I feel like different languages on the back wouldn't go over well.

I've been out of the concept game for a few days to create some oil paintings that  will turn into beer labels for my new job (my Army career will be officially over in less than 90 days!) as the Lead Artist for a brewery in Michigan, but I'm back!

Up next we have the Kaechon Mountaineers and the Sunchon Express who face off in the Yonphung-ho Pond Hockey Classic.

mountaineers.thumb.png.83baf4e1fe31e2558105413e6a7a3ba8.png

express.thumb.png.2f240f4257930de154c6c8f5a402a9e2.png

yonpungho.thumb.png.5d6674de3da9d123a96db3261cd4b8ad.png

Up next are the Nampo Tigers and the Sariwon Bats who face off in the Wild Western Shootout. 

The Tigers are obviously based on the Oilers, but I've always felt that template would look better in black and orange. The Bats have a more modern look with bold striping.

tigers.thumb.png.a8968d2d860b59720f3115702a22bfed.png

bats.thumb.png.81de0281ed3009f00a357abb7a44d28f.png

592d05a96b400_westernshootout.thumb.png.2c73fd43979ff8b6c6c359f51f369be2.png

Archived