Florida Panthers Rebrand with Unused Logo

DTConcepts

I like this is in general, but I have two serious nitpicks (or, as serious as can be on an online concept for an unused logo). The logo is amazing, by the way. Not sure how I've never seen it before.

Nitpick #1. The logo blends in. Especially with the popping yellow of the sunburst around the hockey stick, the black panther really blends with the black of the jersey with just the thin white outline and the thin teal circle. I don't know how to fix it, but I'm also not a designer. Maybe a thicker teal circle? Maybe a yellow sunburst around it?

Nitpick #2: The last layer of striping on the hem being the same color as the pants, in such a forward color, isn't a good look. And, especially in Florida, I can't help but see connotations of my grandfather and his old snowbird friends with their pants way too high... It looks awkward. I'd thicken the yellow and white to cut down on the amount of teal on the jersey and save it for the pants.

5 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

Nitpick #2: The last layer of striping on the hem being the same color as the pants, in such a forward color, isn't a good look. And, especially in Florida, I can't help but see connotations of my grandfather and his old snowbird friends with their pants way too high... It looks awkward. I'd thicken the yellow and white to cut down on the amount of teal on the jersey and save it for the pants.

That was intentional. Given the terrible nature of 90's design, I wanted to use teal in the most extreme way possible. Teal pants would never look good, but seeing as how the 90's overdid everything aesthetically, I decided to use too much teal.

Archived