Forgotten Secondary Logos

wildfan2440

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

The NFL has a slew of forgotten secondary logos that apparently are still in "official" use:

315.gif

This one is on the Ravens uniforms.

ravens-defense-2013-horiz-apjpg-42977211Baltimore+Ravens+v+New+England+Patriots+

NOTE -- Via a typo, I discovered that there are several Baltimore Ravens pans on the market.

18950718648865p?$478$ff_2174879_full.jpg&w=340

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hockey week said:

Might as well throw these in - they're certainly forgotten by the team, even if we keep digging them up

San Jose Sharks (2009 - Pres)San Jose Sharks (2009 - Pres)San Jose Sharks (2009 - Pres)San Jose Sharks (2009 - Pres)

One of these is featured on their jersey. The other is on their shorts. 

joe-thornton.jpg

So more like not seen often for two of these and one of these are actually on the uniform. 

Go A's!

17 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

joe-thornton.jpg

So more like not seen often for two of these and one of these are actually on the uniform. 

Oh right, that third jersey. Well, I stand corrected. 2/4

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

This was used on the Dbacks original uniforms, but I think it usually slips past memory.

kze3xw29qd61hpkrguwg7q9jh.png

That logo and the colors oddly enough is why I am a Diamondbacks fan.  That happened when I was 11 or 12.

48 minutes ago, hockey week said:
1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

joe-thornton.jpg

Oh right, that third jersey. Well, I stand corrected. 2/4

The shield on the pants went away 2 years ago, replaced by the SJ seen on the shoulders. And technically, the diamond logo is a part of the SJ near the bottom right. So, 2.5/4 are forgotten? 

11 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

cpxe3rdlrn4ydth9h2zxqrfog.gif

This was only used in the 1999-2000 season to celebrate the new millennium (which some argue is technically 2001) and was used as the center ice logo.

To describe this logo, I'm gonna quote a comment that was used to describe the 1998 World Series logo which got a similar treatment: 

"Back in the late 90s when even the most classic logos were Xtreme-ified. ("Whoah, it looks like the logo is sticking out of the screen!")"

XM4KeeA.png

15 hours ago, charger77 said:

Scrapping the Nashville word mark, would this work in just Yellow, Blue and White as a shoulder patch on the current jerseys?

Spoiler

Preds.jpg

While I love the N-Tower logo and think your update is solid, I don't think it would fit on the current jerseys. The block N totally clashes with the team's slick type style. But I would buy a soft, vintage style tee with this logo in half a heartbeat.

11 hours ago, selby56 said:

jowbip604vfeuh8t0ha8p5udv.png

Continuing with the Predators. 

A logo only used on pant covers with an alternate jersey. Again, another Preds look that was <homer> fine </homer> for the time it existed. Alas, it belongs in the past with the checkerboard, BFBS, and chromed out red-eye tiger.

6 hours ago, M4One said:

Was this logo every used at all on anything?

senators_alternate_logo.png?itok=CpZEcBH

Totally agree with @KJTALBOT, this is easily Ottawa's best logo ever. No stupid shading or awkward 3/4 view. Symmetrical in both shape and color balance. Suggests an "O" without being a plain "O." Plus, I always loved how the cape sort of mimics the flag of Ottawa:

432px-Flag_of_Ottawa,_Ontario.svg.png

This version of the Ducks wordmark was what was first leaked before the full reveal of the rebrand. It was a helmet sticker for the first four years and after that it was never seen again.

c49iivf0gegqtwgidcabt4npn.gif

2 hours ago, mike2sana said:

I really hope this one gets forgotten and/or replaced.

If I were looking for an NBA team, this logo would probably sell me on the Hawks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

3 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

I don't think I've seen So Cal using these.

84018801972.gifpkhe25gehskxv82hi7nm.gif

Do you watch USC football?  That's where you see them.  On the helmets.

usc-trojans-football.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived