Hawaii Volcanoes - Fictional Baseball Team

Luke13T

16 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I just want to say I'm impressed by how much this design has evolved. Kudos for the hard work.

This is another great example thread about how much the boards can really help someone when people can be respectful and take criticism well.

Not very often we see someone really spend the time to work on a logo through all the bumps in the road. Serious, very nice job so far. This has gone from what I would say clipart, to very close to an actual logo.

To me, I think the lava flows should be cut off by the roundel so Hawaii is over just the black bar. I think the explosion having just a slightly darker black doesn't really do anything, it just seems like a color mistake since it's so close to that dark gray. So, I'd say either make the explosion the same gray or give it some more light detail like the first example ren gave. Don't go too much with the detail, just thick enough and some thicker shades so we can tell it's smoke and different from the mountain itself.

I'd also explore what you can put on the rest of the roundel. Maybe extend the word Hawaii around? And alternate with the world volcanoes taking up more space? Again though, wonderful progress.

18 hours ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

I changed the Hawaii to yellow and instead of filling the background, I put baseball stitches.

HawaiiPrimary6717.thumb.jpg.e2601b85cb493594c54148b686bf1fc1.jpg

Also going to bump this logo so people can see on the second page now.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:10 AM, MrWonka said:

This is another great example thread about how much the boards can really help someone when people can be respectful and take criticism well.

Not very often we see someone really spend the time to work on a logo through all the bumps in the road. Serious, very nice job so far. This has gone from what I would say clipart, to very close to an actual logo.

To me, I think the lava flows should be cut off by the roundel so Hawaii is over just the black bar. I think the explosion having just a slightly darker black doesn't really do anything, it just seems like a color mistake since it's so close to that dark gray. So, I'd say either make the explosion the same gray or give it some more light detail like the first example ren gave. Don't go too much with the detail, just thick enough and some thicker shades so we can tell it's smoke and different from the mountain itself.

I'd also explore what you can put on the rest of the roundel. Maybe extend the word Hawaii around? And alternate with the world volcanoes taking up more space? Again though, wonderful progress.

First of all, thank you for help and constructive criticism through this project. I have four options to chose. In all four, the yellow is a bit darker. Two versions have an extended "Hawaii" and two have a standard. Two also have a dark ball. I don't necessarily like these versions but it might be a cool alternate. I have decided to call those versions the "Over-The-Top" versions. I didn't use "Volcanoes" because of the V in the actual logo. I also didn't stop the lava because it just didn't look very good IMO.

HawaiiPrimary6917.thumb.jpg.e12ee653e23028676322be8625e87d65.jpgHawaiiPrimary6917_2.thumb.jpg.78617764ba92fad8a1e4b63d1aab442d.jpgHawaiiPrimaryOverTheTop.thumb.jpg.f64b2d534db281e09adb71544729039f.jpgHawaiiPrimaryOverTheTop_2.thumb.jpg.0cba878dc09cc3d2813e5b8a9701f50d.jpg

Archived