Local TV station logos

I've always been interested by local TV station logos and whether or not they choose to represent any given area through their imagery or not. Post your local TV station logos here.

For Wilmington, NC:

ABC and CBS affiliate:

New logo as of this year

WWAY_logo.png

Old logo

WWAY%20BLUE%20Logo%20with%20FX.gif

NBC affiliate:

Wect_2009.png

Fox affiliate:

9777551.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking of this!

Boston's got quite a few:

image.png

Love this logo, genius, especially for being 45 years old. Basically all we watch.

image.png

image.jpeg 

image.pngOld

image.jpegNew

image.png

We just recently got this as a second NBC station, and it's painfully confusing figuring out what's on which.

image.png

Another awesome old logo, One of couple PBS affiliates

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Here's some of the stations I follow both state and local, starting with Columbus stations.

NBC Affiliate:

mzl.leiacdby.png

ABC affiliate:

photo.jpg

CBS Affiliate:

10TV_Logo_Long-1hbdy6i.jpg

(always thought this was an "a" when I was little, but that was before the refresh). 

FOX Affilaite, which is actually owned by the ABC affiliate, so a lot of the anchors on 6 are also on 28.

fox28print.jpg

My local NBC affiliate, WHIZ in Zanesville, OH:

2ffe5a4e171a80c815a775143bdef184.jpg

They're slogan used to be "Always Dry, Never Wet."... Seriously. 

And here's the organization I work for that broadcasts on local cable and on YouTube, Orbit Media at Muskingum University.

Web-Header1-300x246.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

17 hours ago, Bruins said:

I was just thinking of this!

Boston's got quite a few:

image.png

Love this logo, genius, especially for being 45 years old. Basically all we watch.

image.png

image.jpeg 

image.pngOld

image.jpegNew

image.png

We just recently got this as a second NBC station, and it's painfully confusing figuring out what's on which.

image.png

Another awesome old logo, One of couple PBS affiliates

Channel 7 (WHDH) is completely independent now...NBC wanted to buy them, the owners said no, and so the Peacock stripped the affiliation from them came contract time, and had cobble together a low-power signal and a subchannel on two other UHFs to give the new NBC Boston a full-market presence.

By the way, WCVB does have a really good logo (don't know what they were doing with the Fox/Boston 25 logo, though).  In fact, I think many of the Hearst stations (which WCVB is one of) have some good logos...

wisn-12-1.jpg ba0905bdb121d82b0b03b4fca42888e5_400x400 1024x1024sr.jpg WTAE-TV_logo.png 

Hearst also has almost a couple dozen TV stations, but these always stood out to me among their station logos.

1. WISN (Milwaukee): They have the oldest-continuous logo of the four right above, dating back to the mid-70s.  To me, maybe one of the most recognizable local TV station logos around to this day.

2. WBAL (Baltimore): This one have been around since the late 80s, dating back to the period they were a CBS affiliate (1981-95).

3. KMBC (Kansas City): They've had this logo since the early 80s, just before Hearst bought them.  This particular "Circle 9" logo is also used on Syracuse's ABC station, WSYR.

4. WTAE (Pittsburgh): The "4" had been around in some form since the mid-70s, and the "Circle 4" was created in its present form in 1989 (originally gold, changed to blue in the mid-90s)

Ch. 16 - ABC Affiliate
PmAuS5BH.jpg.8351ab464dc84ee51c6597edb0f8bbb9.jpg

Ch. 22 - CBS Affiliate/News Simulcast with NBC Station WBRE
225px-Wyou_2008.png.d62432ec2c0861aa2c15575450574ece.png

Ch. 28 - NBC Affiliate/News Simulcast with WYOU, Also produces the 10pm newscast on WOLF FOX56
download.jpg.2ea2214ac9f3fd9dc0236b46687b1c6a.jpg

Ch. 38 - CW Affiliate
download.png.de0932ed322a70533e0e908d6854f9aa.png

Ch. 44 - PBS Affiliate
5927bcaa10220_download(1).png.10f73df35dbee662766b44f95f448092.png

Ch. 56 - FOX Affiliate/WBRE Produces their 10pm newscast ft. WBRE anchors
WOLF_FOX_56.png.7d201e6981d51f7d04a5cf99c166d142.png

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The New York affiliates have already been posted, but here's the logos from the affiliates in my native state of Connecticut:

Ch. 3, WFSB (CBS, Hartford):

WFSB_Channel_3_(logo).png

One of the best local TV station logos you'll find, IMO.

Ch. 8, WTNH (ABC, New Haven):

News_8_wtnh.png

which is even more generic than their old logo that I remember from when I lived in CT:

175?cb=20110424074546

Ch. 30, WVIT (NBC, New Britain):

WVIT_2009_Logo.png

They dropped their old "NBC 30" branding about a decade ago, likely in light of the fact that most cable companies carry it on a different channel than 30:

WVIT30prehd.png

Ch. 61, WTIC (Fox, Hartford):

WTIC61-102015.png

This station kept switching between branding itself as "Fox CT" and "Fox 61," mostly for the same reason as NBC 30. Apparently viewers had nostalgia for the old Fox 61 branding, so they brought it back a couple years ago.

Ch. 20, WCCT (CW, Hartford):

WCCT_logo_2012.jpg

Ch. 9, WCTX (MyTV, New Haven):

464px-WCTX-TV_Logo.svg.png

No different from any other MyTV logo.

CPTV (PBS, Various channels throughout CT):

CPTV_Logo.png

Archived