Local TV station logos

On 10/19/2017 at 3:43 PM, JH42XCC said:

New York City/Tri-State Area Local TV Networks

WCBS-TV

f_2aiU4i_400x400.jpg

I miss the sharp "2" that they had been using previously. That fit the station well IMO. Blink twice and without the website attached, I'd be confusing them for KCBS out in Los Angeles.

Recently my “my tv” channel became “Fox 4 More”, is this happening to anyone else?

On 12/23/2017 at 4:43 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

I miss the sharp "2" that they had been using previously. That fit the station well IMO. Blink twice and without the website attached, I'd be confusing them for KCBS out in Los Angeles.

Sadly, that's CBS' trend with their O&O's (stations CBS both owns and operates); they all share the same graphics package and have pretty similar, if not identical, logos.

CBS has O&Os in NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Sacramento, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, and Miami.

7 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Recently my “my tv” channel became “Fox 4 More”, is this happening to anyone else?

4 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Sadly, that's CBS' trend with their O&O's (stations CBS both owns and operates); they all share the same graphics package and have pretty similar, if not identical, logos.

CBS has O&Os in NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Sacramento, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, and Miami.

At least from the mid-70s on, the CBS 2s in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago all had distinct logos from each other, although WBBM (Chicago) used a different logo.  Before then, and just like today, the Big Three did used standardization for their O&O stations--Fox just upped the game, by branding their stations with "Fox xx" right since the beginning of their network.

This was the "CBS/Channel 2" branding used on the O&Os in the mid-60s...

latest?cb=20111122232054latest?cb=20170629162019latest?cb=20130310062940

This latest?cb=20160203012011 was also used in the mid-70s on both WCBS and then-KNXT. 

200?cb=20110416013157  This was WBBM's logo from the mid-70s until the late 80s.

According to a college friend of mine who now works there, it looks like NBC Boston is *already* coming out with a new logo even though the station's just one year old

2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

According to a college friend of mine who now works there, it looks like NBC Boston is *already* coming out with a new logo even though the station's just one year old

Old:

nbcbos_station_logo.jpg?ak=bc

New:

GJVpzt1R_400x400.jpg

Well at least they're using the channel number.  "NBC Boston" felt really lazy.  Feels like it fits in with 4, 5, 7, and 25

The WJZ logo change is finally settling in. I noticed the reporters got jackets & mics last week and their social media pages changed their profile pics some days later. Today, the new logo finally made it on screen during the newscasts. The graphics, however, stay the same for now...

YObifTJ.jpg9WuHtlQ.jpgq1KGuGm.jpgrv0bQA1.jpg