Local TV station logos

30 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Meanwhile, in the nation's capital, their CBS affiliate recently went from this:

...to this:

WUSA 9 logo.png

1. First off, not a fan of de-coloring the logo.
  2. I'm kinda not surprised considering a LOT of the stations Tegna owns (including this one and 8 in Dallas above) are going minimal
  3. I can see the replies flying in soon that the new "9" looks like KUSA in Denver

Tegna's whole brand is a black and white TEGNA wordmark so it's not surprising they're applying that same minimal appriach to their local affiliates.

I still get emails for job opportunities in the Charlotte area (I should probably unsubscribe from them seeing as how I found a job elsewhere...).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good while, but our friends at Tegna recently introduced new logos for two of their stations, one of them just within the last week or two:

KHOU (Channel 11/CBS, Houston), before and after:

Unknown.jpeg?format=1500wimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWiKCJm4fXi96zvoRCC7V

WXIA (11 Alive/NBC, Atlanta):

11-alive-400x265.pngk_XYX1i8_400x400.jpg

Those not familiar with Tegna, it was the former broadcast division of the Gannett Company, publishers of the USA Today.  A few years ago, the two sides split up, with the newspaper division taking the old corporate name.  Gannett/Tegna is also notable, especially if you grew up in Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Denver, or Phoenix (among several other cities), for their station IDs (aka the "Death Star").

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I live in the Sacramento area and our local MyNetworkTV station now has a new logo that's totally different from the usual. I never liked the MyNetworkTV name and look but this is a good upgrade.

61464607_1579465272184185_16047944382933

That is a decent logo, but anything is better than the actual logo:

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

On 6/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, Old School Fool said:

I live in the Sacramento area and our local MyNetworkTV station now has a new logo that's totally different from the usual. I never liked the MyNetworkTV name and look but this is a good upgrade.

61464607_1579465272184185_16047944382933

Since you're in the sac market. Lisa Gonzales such a babe.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess since we're including old stations IDs, I came across some old station IDs from the very early days of the Fox network, on YouTube.  If you lived in either in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Boston, and D.C., you may remember those slickly-produced station IDs that each of those Fox-owned stations used in the first couple of years of the network's existence.  It also turned out that they also developed very similar test station IDs for the affiliated stations (I don't believe these were used on the air), and even some of the stations featured (like KTVU in Oakland/San Francisco and Philly's WTXF) ended-up being owned-and-operated by the network later down the line.

The O&Os (WNYW, KTTV, WFLD, WTTG, KRIV, WFXT)

The affiliates--the first three stations featured in part one eventually became Fox-owned stations, and the fourth one is another Fox still may get their hands on in the future...

Part two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgN80J5yDGs&t=96s (sorry, it would let me embed this video)

On 9/16/2019 at 12:07 AM, panthers_2012 said:

Looks like WKYC in Cleveland is getting a new logo... Bland to say the least

spacer.png

Here's the current one for comparison

spacer.png

Here's the official logo. This is one of the best TV logos I've ever seen. Simple, elegant, and a throwback to the 1960s:

spacer.png

Archived