2017/18 NHL Refresh (24/31 BOS Added)

JB Designs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Congrats on the return! I like the refreshed Penguins, but after staring at the back of their current home jerseys for forever now, white numbers just looks off. Maybe you can try the Gold with White outline for the Home Jersey?

Sure Thing! That was actually my first idea as well; Seems you're not alone in your attachment to the current look. I went with the white #OB because the home is already very yellow-centric with the extended yoke, so white #OB really helps to bring that balance back.

1cFqx6X.jpg

• 1 month later...

Washington Capitals

Never been a fan of the Caps jerseys since the Edge turnover, so we've got a complete overhaul here. Weagle takes center stage and navy is promoted to the primary (with all the talk about the Russians' involvement in Washington, its best to stay away from another Red Scare if possible). Home takes cues from this years ASG jerseys with the side paneling covering only half the sleeve. DC pride runs clean through the striping pattern with the DC Flag serving as the inspiration for the pattern on the home and away. Stadium Series W finds its home on the pants and I'll leave the rest for you guys to dissect in the comments.

img%5D

• JB Designs changed the title to 2017 NHL Refresh (23/31 WSH Added)
  • 1 month later...

We're back and into our final Division with the Bruins kicking off the Atlantic! (Posts should be coming more regularly now that the semester is over and I'm on the summer term)

Boston Bruins

With the Penguins returning to Pittsburgh Gold in the past few years, there's been some debate about whether the Bruins should return to brown to try and differentiate themselves or thick with the black and gold that's defined them for all of recent history. Rather than choose one of these two paths, I wanted to explore if the Bruins could be successful with both, so both Brown and Black are a part of the color pallet seen here.

The Bruins return to a full length yoke, though this time highlighted by outline stripes rather than stripes within. The striping pattern draws from the outlining of the logo and is matched on the hem and shorts. Gear remains primarily black but with brown accents and an isolated B on the pants. Numbering remains consistent across the home and away, with the same pattern on each backdrop. On white, the numbering follows the same black-yellow-black pattern as the spoked-B whereas on brown, the full pallet is promoted through a white-black-yellow look.

img%5D

As always, C&C is appreciated. Looking to get a new team out every few days now and we'll finish her up in the next couple of weeks.

• JB Designs changed the title to 2017/18 NHL Refresh (24/31 BOS Added)
32 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

I like the look, but the brown looks off. I would try making it a little darker.

@NoE38 was right. It appears I transposed two of the numbers when I was plugging in the color code to get the Bruins brown. The above post has been updated with the slightly darker shade

Archived