NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

406Cane

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It’s odd to you to see Duke in their primary color? Seems like a strange thing to say, lol. And the ACC changed to those patches last season, actually.

Well, they do seem to wear those ugly black alts for big road/ neutral games. Thanks for setting me straight. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uniforms and shoes for next week’s PK80 Invitational:

Men:

PK80_APPAREL_MENS_Group_hd_1600.jpg?1510

Women:PK80_APPAREL_WOMENS_GROUP_native_1600.jp

Shoes:

PK80_FOOTWEAR_GROUP_hd_1600.jpg?15107903

The shoes are black with iridescent logos because of Phil Knight’s affinity for wearing all-black outfits with sunglasses, and supposedly that’s also why black is incorporated into each team’s uniforms. Here’s the Nike press release:

https://news.nike.com/news/ncaa-pk80-uniforms-basketball

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

I can't get the image to upload here, but check out the explanation of the Gonzaga uniform at the bottom of this Nike release. Might want to proofread that next time...

The one for Butler misspelled "windows," calling them "windors" instead.

Also, I'm wondering how they'll deal with the potential of Oregon meeting Michigan State in the 2nd round of their bracket.  With both having green PK80 uniforms, I can't imagine the refs letting them wear jerseys that barely contrast with one another.  Either someone will be getting another PK80 uniform or they'll have to wear one of their regular uniforms.

Oh that's what that PK80 thing is.

Gotta say, putting together a tournament of ostensibly unpaid basketball teams for a rich guy's birthday feels a little weird.

I like that the Nike-speak explanation of the Texas uniform is basically "yep, it's orange"

Also, " UConn's famed red bar is given a bold new interpretation."

First of all, "famed?" Really? But this "new interpretation" of the "red bar" is pretty bold, in that there is no red.

Is it a sin that I like Oregon's? 

Portland State and Stanford also look good. Most of the designs are meh (why black? It muddles up a lot of the looks.), but why did UNC go with what they did? Oversized argyle w/ a big UNC does not look very good for the Tarheels (remember the football uniforms circa 2013? *shudders*).

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

is the PK80 tourney at Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum being played on a old NCAA tourney floor?  Looks like it. 

For one thing, no, the games are not being played on old NCAA tourney floors. And second, the games are being played at the Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum and the Moda Center (and the women’s games are in Eugene at Matthew Knight Arena).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

For one thing, no, the games are not being played on old NCAA tourney floors. And second, the games are being played at the Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum and the Moda Center (and the women’s games are in Eugene at Matthew Knight Arena).

my god, you sure set me straight. Thanks for that. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Oregon State’s new black set:

DPmP3wSVQAARM7V?format=jpg

DPmn8tzWkAEPKIg?format=jpg

Interesting that they removed white from the black set since their black uniforms have generally featured pretty equal amounts of white and orange. I kinda like it, although I’m not really a fan of the tiny wordmark.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State’s new black set:

DPmP3wSVQAARM7V?format=jpg

DPmn8tzWkAEPKIg?format=jpg

Interesting that they removed white from the black set since their black uniforms have generally featured pretty equal amounts of white and orange. I kinda like it, although I’m not really a fan of the tiny wordmark.

The uniforms are great, but you're right about the wordmark.  Needs to be:

OREGON

#

STATE

But I do like them losing the white.

• 2 weeks later...

San Diego State wore some fauxbacks yesterday against Cal (SDSU shorts had a small current logo on both sides), but I really liked the throwback look on the jersey.

jeremy-hemsley-of-the-san-diego-state-az

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nothing new out of Auburn this season, but something odd. The Tigers have been splitting time at home between the default fauxback white uniforms and the alternate TIGERS unis. This is really the first time that Auburn has had four uniforms to cycle throughout the season. They even wore blue at home to start the season, something that hasn't been done in over a decade, if ever.

Y0doYci.jpg

4rRaERr.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived