NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

406Cane

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 406Cane said:

I know it's really early, but it looks like the new Cal uniforms for UA have come out. I could be late, or it may have been posted, but I figured I'd share it here and get this topic started. 

ua-basketball-17_co.jpg

This graphic has been floating around for some time now, and the uniforms shown in it are just examples of the generic uniform options that are available in the UA teamwear catalog. There's already been confirmation from Cal that the uniform in the graphic is not at all indicative of what they'll actually end up unveiling.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This graphic has been floating around for some time now, and the uniforms shown in it are just examples of the generic uniform options that are available in the UA teamwear catalog. There's already been confirmation from Cal that the uniform in the graphic is not at all indicative of what they'll actually end up unveiling.

Good, because the Cal logo is too damn small on the chest.

I do like that UCLA uniform, hopefully the actual uniforms look similar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 11:13 AM, jdukie said:

Sorry for the poor quality of the screen shot, but it looks like Duke has changed the font for the numbers and player names.

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 12.10.58 PM.png

Is the neck higher too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/7/2017 at 11:13 AM, jdukie said:

Sorry for the poor quality of the screen shot, but it looks like Duke has changed the font for the numbers and player names.

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 12.10.58 PM.png

I thought the same thing when I first saw those. But upon closer inspection I think it is just a hurried photoshop job where somebody was too lazy to use the correct font. If you look closely, you can see a blue box around the number area. 

12 hours ago, 14er said:

I thought the same thing when I first saw those. But upon closer inspection I think it is just a hurried photoshop job where somebody was too lazy to use the correct font. If you look closely, you can see a blue box around the number area. 

Doesn't look like the wife beater jersey cut anymore either.

44 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Doesn't look like the wife beater jersey cut anymore either.

Nothing to see here. They're just the fauxback jerseys they used from 2013/14 to 2015/16. They're not only on the older template, but they have the old ACC patch as well. They probably just had a blank old style jersey laying around and photoshopped it to include the numbers and last names of the new players. 

IMG_4836.JPG.27a6aba7fe73f9f2c15c50181d8ed13b.JPGIMG_4837.JPG.4db1ffb397d4496284786b54a23d8e12.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nothing to see here. They're just the fauxback jerseys they used from 2013/14 to 2015/16. They're not only on the older template, but they have the old ACC patch as well. They probably just had a blank old style jersey laying around and photoshopped it to include the numbers and last names of the new players. 

IMG_4836.JPG.27a6aba7fe73f9f2c15c50181d8ed13b.JPGIMG_4837.JPG.4db1ffb397d4496284786b54a23d8e12.JPG

That's exactly what they used, though these fauxbacks were only in use through 2014-15; this past season a near identical version was introduced on the Vapor template and used as Duke's primary home and blue road uniforms starting in December, with the only other non-template changes being a Nike Platinum Elite iridescent logo on the neckline and the Iron Duke "D" on the waistband.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

This looks to be a sneak peak of Oklahoma State's uniforms for next season.

b1090f887e124edc697f05074876f738.png

edd166ccb4c3c53fc9c4c5a654b99b88.png

fa6d8dae2bc3888484a1f95939da4f98.png

I like them, nothing too outrageous, has some unique elements but they are subtle enough to not draw away from the uniforms

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Oklahoma State unis took a major step backwards with these unis.  Last year's unis were sweet, can't say that with the new ones.

I disagree entirely how can a uniform that's only design element was 4 skinny horizontal lines on the shorts be considered sweet. But a uniform that uses the bandana pattern that is used in their football uniforms, something completely unique to the university be considered a step backwards.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I disagree entirely how can a uniform that's only design element was 4 skinny horizontal lines on the shorts be considered sweet. But a uniform that uses the bandana pattern that is used in their football uniforms, something completely unique to the university be considered a step backwards.

Yeah, I love those, especially the unity with the football team. I wish more schools did that.

a2BRS8U.png

Tulsa's inability to use their colors correctly baffles me. 

Your colors are blue, gold and red. 

Yet they dont don't use gold in their football uniforms, and they don't use red I. Basketball, but they use black in both. I just don't get it. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived