NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

406Cane

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Forgive me if this has been covered as I’m not much of a basketball fan, but what’s the trend over the past few seasons with single color wordmarks and numbers? I find it pretty bland (unless it’s a traditional uniform like the Celtics) but watching the tournament and seeing teams like Miami, Florida, Houston, etc, it just seems like something is missing...and speaking of Houston, I’m having legitimate trouble making out the red numbers on a black uniform from a distance.

I can't speak for some of the other teams, but Florida's uniforms are the ones they wore for the PK80 tournament earlier this season.  In that tournament the uniforms were inspired by "Phil Knight's signature style."  Phil Knight, I guess, wears only black and according to the Nike website and wanted the uniforms to have subtle, simplified patterns.  Or something.

I just know Florida always seemed to play well in those uniforms this year, so people wanted them to wear them.  I actually like them, to be honest.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, See Red said:

I can't speak for some of the other teams, but Florida's uniforms are the ones they wore for the PK80 tournament earlier this season.  In that tournament the uniforms were inspired by "Phil Knight's signature style."  Phil Knight, I guess, wears only black and according to the Nike website and wanted the uniforms to have subtle, simplified patterns.  Or something.

I just know Florida always seemed to play well in those uniforms this year, so people wanted them to wear them.  I actually like them, to be honest.

I really like those florida unis also, I think they'd be even better if you replaced the black with their blue, and made the numbers white with a blue stroke.

a2BRS8U.png

I didn't see this mentioned but am seriously curious.  Did Kansas State have the foresight to bring their home uniforms to Charlotte, or did they have to send back for them?  The only way they would be the home team is if the 16-seed beat the 1-seed, which previously had never happened in 33+ years of the format.  I didn't see the entire game; was this mentioned on the telecast?

21 minutes ago, ShinyHubCaps said:

I didn't see this mentioned but am seriously curious.  Did Kansas State have the foresight to bring their home uniforms to Charlotte, or did they have to send back for them?  The only way they would be the home team is if the 16-seed beat the 1-seed, which previously had never happened in 33+ years of the format.  I didn't see the entire game; was this mentioned on the telecast?

The K-State Twitter account (for what it's worth) tweeted something like "Yes, we did pack the whites!"

To think that, within two days, they would be able to sew patches and ship them off to the tournament site is a stretch. I'm sure they came prepared.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

14 hours ago, ShinyHubCaps said:

If my very brief, long ago experience as a mid major football student manager taught me anything, it's that equipment staff is always ready for even the most improbable needs.

Even if they didn't pack the whites, a color-on-color matchup would have worked.  It would have just looked weird for UMBC's yellow to be the light color.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 3/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, ShinyHubCaps said:

The NCAA requires teams to bring both sets regardless. When I worked with a program over a decade ago, there was no chance that we would wear our white uniforms in a Final Four situation as the low seed overall, but we had to bring them with us (and to the administrative meeting) in case something happened to the higher seed's white uniforms or something like that. 

The NCAA applies the patches either on-site at the arena or at the host hotel. 

14 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

fyi, nike has given all of its sweet sixteen teams special warmup jackets, if you have not noticed already.

Z1u68if.jpg

Since it's away from the tv screens I never see the site host anymore. Glad to see they still have the banner hanging over the scorers tables. 

JCKbtxy.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:
Nice to see the Final Four embracing the fiesta colors, unlike the Spurs.

The Spurs have been straight black and silver since leaving the Alamodome so not surprise their court at AT&T Center would show that as well. The fans will still buy up anything with the Fiesta colors on it though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

fyi, nike has given all of its sweet sixteen teams special warmup jackets, if you have not noticed already.

Good look at it posted on Nova's Twitter

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

"Big Boards"?  What?

'

Every panel has been 4'x7' on every floor ever since Connor won the contract in 2006. 

Compare the Final 4 court to the Regional court posted above. I'm not speaking of the size of the physical panel that's laid down to construct the floor, but rather the boards within each panel. The Regional floor has the classic 2 inch wide boards. The boards on the Final 4 court appear to be about 2 feet wide. 

Archived