Stags Inline Hockey logo

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! It's been awhile but I'm back with an inline hockey logo! I took the Hershey Bears logo as inspiration mainly because of how mean and intimidating the logo looked. I chose a "Deer" because where the team is located in Northeast Pennsylvania, there is an abundance of white-tailed deer. Of course, I had to use black and gold because...well, i just really like those colors for a hockey team! (Go Pens!) Hope you guys like this one!

C&C Welcome!

StagONLINE_zpsfwh9w5dg.jpg

The only gripe I have right now is the watermark. I understand the use but it kind of makes some of the detail lost to totally get what im looking at. From what I can see I'm wondering if the antlers I'm seeing has a different perspective than the head. One thing I've always had a problem with were antlers with logos. Only other thing right now is he might be starting to look more wolf or bear with the nose area. It's very boxy and wide while white-tailed deer have a more pointed smaller nose. Very nice linework though.

1 hour ago, MrWonka said:

The only gripe I have right now is the watermark. I understand the use but it kind of makes some of the detail lost to totally get what im looking at. From what I can see I'm wondering if the antlers I'm seeing has a different perspective than the head. One thing I've always had a problem with were antlers with logos. Only other thing right now is he might be starting to look more wolf or bear with the nose area. It's very boxy and wide while white-tailed deer have a more pointed smaller nose. Very nice linework though.

First off, thanks! Second, yeah sorry about the watermark, went a little heavy there. And I see what you mean! Changes are coming! 

The eyes are almost a 3/4 view, while the mouth and antlers are more profile.. I think that's what MrWonka is seeing.. It's tough to tell if that yellow spot just to the right of the eye is part of the brow of that eye, or if it's the brow of the opposite eye.. If it's the opposite eye, then it's more 3/4 view and the other features need adjusting, but if it's the visible eye, it meshes with the rest of the logo conceptually, just needs a bit more refinement.. 

For a 3/4 view you really need both antlers. The black outline around the antlers seems very thick compared to the rest of the logo. It is also odd that there are four points on the antler and five points on the outline (no alignment).

• 3 months later...
Guest darkpiranha

First impression was that this was a square-ish leaf logo, like the Maple Leafs.   Second impression was a highway sign.  My brain is really struggling to see the antlers.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived