Indy 500 2018

mfatty500

Much better at a glance. This years logo has some wild executional flaws that can’t be unseen, such as the lines of type being skewed at different angles and the circular negative space in the 5 having a clumsy bump in it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, SJAnfield said:

This will be the first Indy 500 I've seen in a long time. I finally let myself get back into Indycar since the demise of CART. I hold long grudges. 

I hold grudges forever, but not for Indycar. Are you attending in person, or watching on the tube? It's been in my blood since the late 60's when I was a lil' shaver.

6 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

I hold grudges forever, but not for Indycar. Are you attending in person, or watching on the tube? It's been in my blood since the late 60's when I was a lil' shaver.

Watching it on the tube, though going to the brickyard one day would be a check off the bucket list. I grew up with Indycar. We watched every race growing up, and went to the races at Laguna Seca, Portland, and sometimes Long Beach. I would watch the 500, but avoided all other IRL events (got involved in grown man soap opera drama/bull :censored:). I tried to just stick with F1 when the "merger" happened, but kinda fell out of racing all together. My son is getting to an age where he likes watching the races, and I found myself getting back into Indycar. Helps the faces are more or less still the same. It was kind of silly holding that particular grudge, but some things die hard. 

looks like it could have been designed by the same group that have done that last handful of them. thats a good thing whether or not it has been. we're seeing a nice twist on the same style each year. theres more i could say about that style, i dont think its great, but at least its consistent

what i do like is the composition; a return to the wide and level logo. it feels fast and it avoids those sloppy issues with this years mark- you see it at an angle in some applications and level in others (pace car).

my biggest fear is those corporate sponoship logos will get bigger with time, if not become the featured event ala' Nascar. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 5/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, dont care said:

Idk what's going on with that 500 but I don't like it.

What don't you like about it, it's been the best racing series on the planet the last few years, except for a few of the ovals, which sometimes seem to a parade. But certainly nothing like F-1, which I like as well. Sure beats NAPCAR by a wide margin. As you can tell by my name i'm biased, to Indycar. Of course I honor your opinion 

On 5/27/2017 at 6:13 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

looks like it could have been designed by the same group that have done that last handful of them. thats a good thing whether or not it has been. we're seeing a nice twist on the same style each year. theres more i could say about that style, i dont think its great, but at least its consistent

what i do like is the composition; a return to the wide and level logo. it feels fast and it avoids those sloppy issues with this years mark- you see it at an angle in some applications and level in others (pace car).

my biggest fear is those corporate sponoship logos will get bigger with time, if not become the featured event ala' Nascar. 

I believe I read on track forum that it was done by the in graphics people at IMS, correct me if I'm wrong

2 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

What don't you like about it, it's been the best racing series on the planet the last few years, except for a few of the ovals, which sometimes seem to a parade. But certainly nothing like F-1, which I like as well. Sure beats NAPCAR by a wide margin. As you can tell by my name i'm biased, to Indycar. Of course I honor your opinion 

The "500" in the logo...

Archived