MJD7

MLB Redesigns Series (16/36 Miami Marlins)

195 posts in this topic

Solid updates all around. I would stick with the powder blue for the road.

 

The reason I don't like the mountains on the pants is because players would have to wear the pants pajama-style for the design to be visible. It's like how the D-Backs had the diamond pattern at the bottom of their pants last season and then quickly realized their mistake and got rid of it this year.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Solid updates all around. I would stick with the powder blue for the road.

 

The reason I don't like the mountains on the pants is because players would have to wear the pants pajama-style for the design to be visible. It's like how the D-Backs had the diamond pattern at the bottom of their pants last season and then quickly realized their mistake and got rid of it this year.

I understand what you're saying, I'm hoping that it would adapt to the short-paint style that than the Diamondbacks would, though. And I probably will stick with sky blue.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so since the Rockies seem pretty good, I'm gonna go ahead and post today's team, the Detroit Tigers:

 

Logos

593fe32da2a4f_DetroitTigersLogos.thumb.png.6952743a2801fe9e0b893b2a0b91d246.png

-Fairly simple transition from the tweaks series, the road just becomes navy and an orange alternate is officially added to the set.

 

Uniforms

593fe3332d638_DetroitTigersHome.thumb.png.c75f0d081e91ec7d42b31609cffffa8c.png593fe33a46ccf_DetroitTigersAway.thumb.png.1b6cf66e962ada2b0fe820a4ca2e2cab.png593fe3413eadc_DetroitTigersHomeAlternate.thumb.png.25fc41117f8ff0e4edba2aac37c9d354.png

-The striping pattern, based on the tiger's tail in the primary logo, adorns all the jerseys, pants, and socks. The tiger's face is now a patch on all 3 jerseys.

-I decided to keep the 4-stripe pattern on the socks since it fits the Tigers well I feel, but I obviously added the tiger stripes to make it more distinct.

 

That's really about all I've got to say today for a pretty simple set, but any C+C on the series so far would be greatly appreciated.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Alright so since the Rockies seem pretty good, I'm gonna go ahead and post today's team, the Detroit Tigers:

 

Logos

593fe32da2a4f_DetroitTigersLogos.thumb.png.6952743a2801fe9e0b893b2a0b91d246.png

-Fairly simple transition from the tweaks series, the road just becomes navy and an orange alternate is officially added to the set.

 

Uniforms

593fe3332d638_DetroitTigersHome.thumb.png.c75f0d081e91ec7d42b31609cffffa8c.png593fe33a46ccf_DetroitTigersAway.thumb.png.1b6cf66e962ada2b0fe820a4ca2e2cab.png593fe3413eadc_DetroitTigersHomeAlternate.thumb.png.25fc41117f8ff0e4edba2aac37c9d354.png

-The striping pattern, based on the tiger's tail in the primary logo, adorns all the jerseys, pants, and socks. The tiger's face is now a patch on all 3 jerseys.

-I decided to keep the 4-stripe pattern on the socks since it fits the Tigers well I feel, but I obviously added the tiger stripes to make it more distinct.

 

That's really about all I've got to say today for a pretty simple set, but any C+C on the series so far would be greatly appreciated.

Road script needs a white outline like it currently has IRL. 

 

As far as the overall series goes, I'm loving it, especially all the solid-colored road uniforms!

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the home would look nice with spoon piping like the current home but with the tiger stripes. I also think some white outlines would help the stripes on the socks and the blue uni. All in all a great set, can't wait for the next team.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 10:07 AM, coco1997 said:

What if you used this road wordmark in orange for the road uniform?

 

22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Road script needs a white outline like it currently has IRL. 

 

As far as the overall series goes, I'm loving it, especially all the solid-colored road uniforms!

I wasn't able to find the wordmark anywhere on the site, but I probably like the current script better anyway. I added a white outline, maybe I could go with an Old English wordmark? I also tried Old English numbers on this too to see how it looks.

594167a3f1084_DetroitTigersAway.thumb.png.8d3dfabdcf55058a9f4e9bb6ae9b0f61.png

 

16 hours ago, BenD said:

I think the home would look nice with spoon piping like the current home but with the tiger stripes. I also think some white outlines would help the stripes on the socks and the blue uni. All in all a great set, can't wait for the next team.

It's funny, I used to love the way headspoon piping looked on a baseball uniform, but now I've gone in the opposite direction. I probably would prefer not to incorporate it into the set, but here is at least a look:

594169f66a34f_DetroitTigersHome2.thumb.png.1dc0ee5b38900d076ea5a5c3c8fac204.png

 

C+C appreciated, as always.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the Olde English numbers, but I like the white outline on the road wordmark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I just figured out a way to adjust the set as a whole and make it more consistent. Thanks to @BenD's advice, I added the white stripes bordering the tiger stripes across the entire set, which allows for more color balance. Also, outlines are on every wordmark now.

 594182d9807d6_DetroitTigersLogos.thumb.png.e8112f9c1a3f1270ad10ea1cafd29b09.png594182de6a568_DetroitTigersHome.thumb.png.522d96e7db60e8d29a53f27592eac7f5.png594182e555461_DetroitTigersAway.thumb.png.99b4e1e1781755e02d75ef656a294bfa.png594182ec16f4f_DetroitTigersHomeAlternate.thumb.png.6ec4f8650abcbc0366c19f07932d3215.png

 

Thank you for that suggestion!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great with the white outlines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, I'm pretty excited to show you all today's team, the Houston Astros!

 

Logos

5942a15ce57e6_HoustonAstrosLogos.thumb.png.30e4dbd0ca05b964b17c2f3c0cac1ac3.png

-Naturally, with Detroit having the same color scheme right before them, the Astros are a team in need of a color change for my series. Although there are certainly other schemes in Houston's past that I could revert back to, I've personally found them to be rather bland, or  to not even fit the identity at all. Instead, I opted to go for a completely new color scheme. Inspired by the colors of deep space, I decided to incorporate a "deep space purple" first seen in @raysox's wonderful Astros concept. Although I decided to keep the current orange instead of burnt orange and cream, credit goes to him for the original idea.

-I decided to remove the beveling and outlines from all the logos in order to create a more flat, modern, and minimalist look, that at the same time harkens more directly to the Astros' past.

-Although I love how @mmejia described the color scheme that greatly inspired my tweaks set, the "tequila sunrise" no longer represents the fire and propulsion of a rocket against the navy blue space, but for this series it represents the diverse spectrum of colors you could see while exploring the ventures of deep space.

 

Uniforms

5942a6644108f_HoustonAstrosHome.thumb.png.9c9594d8c03b3f742e0e2f478acfa41f.png5942a66d261d8_HoustonAstrosAway.thumb.png.aa9704e1414b6e3ae6324a6d2ba1ff4a.png5942a675cece2_HoustonAstrosAlternate1.thumb.png.5a1d5f2f1b5fb48a39c48ded044dc928.png5942a67dbcc6c_HoustonAstrosAlternate2.thumb.png.d70ced051e4218e9a28f0361ae5ea0ad.png5942a684e84e7_HoustonAstrosFridayAlt.thumb.png.1241c1d602fbdd8f5df88d368fec572f.png5942a68c8c015_HoustonAstrosGalaxyAlternate.thumb.png.e44e07e435222e1b776ddd5f652d4bb8.png

-This set for the most part follows the same template of my tweaks series, but with the new color scheme and logos incorporated.

-To include all of the colors seen in the set, white outlines have been added around the uniform parts with either a purple or an orange background, namely the away uniform, the alternates, and the socks.

-For this set I decided to add a tequila sunrise alternate, but with the colors descending in sequential order just like everywhere else in the set, in order to match.

 

I'm interested to see what you all think of the Astros, all comments are appreciated!

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! The Astros might be your best concept yet this series, with the possible exception of the brown Cubs. That shade of purple works perfectly within the tequila sunrise pattern. I'm not big on the white lines separating the sunrise panels from the rest of the jersey, but I guess there's no other option.

 

I kind of wish you could incorporate the sunrise pattern into the primary logo somehow.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would an orange on orange look as the away? I don't feel the mono-purple.. But the concept is great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Fantastic! The Astros might be your best concept yet this series, with the possible exception of the brown Cubs. That shade of purple works perfectly within the tequila sunrise pattern. I'm not big on the white lines separating the sunrise panels from the rest of the jersey, but I guess there's no other option.

 

I kind of wish you could incorporate the sunrise pattern into the primary logo somehow.

Thank you! And there are a few different ways of going about trying that, do any of these work?

Primary.thumb.png.0a200e237743a7b81ce65788e09c4680.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

How would an orange on orange look as the away? I don't feel the mono-purple.. But the concept is great :)

I appreciate it! Here's an all orange away, though I probably still prefer the purple myself.

5942f7a828f70_HoustonAstrosAway2.thumb.png.a9037a3ee256c78a14bec4794fbbb100.png

 

 

Also, I was thinking, should I maybe lighten the purple a little bit? That was one of the criticisms I was prepared to possibly get as I uploaded this.

 

Thanks to everyone who has followed this series so far, it means a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I appreciate it! Here's an all orange away, though I probably still prefer the purple myself.

I'm gonna have to agree with you. The purple looks better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mee said:

I'm gonna have to agree with you. The purple looks better.

Do you think that there's anything I could try out with the all purple then to possibly improve it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, that second logo option looks awesome!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Do you think that there's anything I could try out with the all purple then to possibly improve it?

How would the 2nd shade of purple in the tequila look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now