MLB Redesigns Series

MJD7

4 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'm still trying to decide what to do with the Angels, so I'd love to hear any more suggestions anyone has.

Have you thought about trying out one of the Angels' '60s or '70s wordmarks? They're a little more playful looking which IMO fits the bright, sunny color scheme you've chosen.

P.S. I like the new sock stripes for the Dodgers.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Have you thought about trying out one of the Angels' '60s or '70s wordmarks? They're a little more playful looking which IMO fits the bright, sunny color scheme you've chosen.

P.S. I like the new sock stripes for the Dodgers.

I always viewed the removal of the "spikes" as more of a throwback to this wordmark, which fits the sort of sunny vibe you mentioned. If I went back to those other two, I feel like it might be leaning too much into the throwback look.

21 hours ago, willmoen said:

I like that you changed the color of the player name to match the number on the front. Looks way better in my opinion. As for the Angels, how would a pair of yellow pants look to match the yellow jersey?

Pretty nice, but I probably still prefer the periwinkle:

594d271726224_LosAngelesAngelsAlternate2.thumb.png.ecff57e40616ac66c97176e6f2e48d15.png

As for the Angels' color scheme, I've been trying a lot of things out and none of them have seemed to work, so I'll probably stick with the current scheme.

Miami will be up later today!

Alright, moving on today we've got the colorful Miami Marlins!

Logos

594d5836493b1_MiamiMarlinsLogos.thumb.png.0c0ffc23c29234ace68bc3c724714757.png

-A lot of people were hesitant when the Marlins first unveiled their new look back in 2012, but have since gone on to say the set needs to incorporate more of its wonderful colors, which I'd agree with. To me, the predominantly black set with orange accents comes as pretty bland. So. inspired by a trip to the Caribbean I was fortunate enough to take, I eliminated black entirely and brought the complementary colors teal and red-orange to the forefront, with yellow and a more tangerine-orange acting as accents. This way, the spectrum of warm colors acts as sort of a "sunset" around the teal 'M,' creating a very tropical scheme.

-Teal, red-orange and yellow are the main cap and alternate uniform colors. I felt the tangerine-orange was too similar to red-orange to make any uniform elements that color.

Uniforms

594d5fcbd68a3_MiamiMarlinsHome.thumb.png.229ffefc1b41c2a81ea1f12faa1e89e1.png594d5fd448354_MiamiMarlinsAway.thumb.png.90235bb30b3d71bf538f4dc53d73a87e.png594d5fdd81bea_MiamiMarlinsAlternate1.thumb.png.a759d5244504c5da9dee5a9d18dea7ec.png594d5fe5783cc_MiamiMarlinsAlternate2.thumb.png.59198a61cf326e7100843c5e05fab373.png594d5fee6b10e_MiamiMarlinsAlternate3.thumb.png.c939c96ba39b66b7e065e728c76adaea.png

-All of the uniforms and socks feature a very art-deco style striping pattern, inspired by @thespungo's sock pattern on his site, which he based off of the primary logo.

-The main cap is teal with a red-orange brim, as I felt that had the best color balance.

-The away is a very light blue, because I thought that would work better than anything else.

-I used the same number font I used from this tweak.

-I know the yellow alternate might be a bit much, but hey, it is Miami.

Let me know what you guys think!

Wow! This is certainly a unique take on the Marlins. I think you did a pretty good job balancing a whole hell of a lot of colors. The powder blue road set looks great. 

My only gripe is that you used the "Miami" wordmark on every single jersey in the set. I'd give at least one or two of them a "Marlins" wordmark. 

I'm digging this color scheme for the Marlins. I agree with @coco1997 that at least one should have the Marlins wordmark instead of Miami. I would probably put it on either the Red-Orange alternate or the Yellow alternate. Can't wait to see the next team.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

The new color scheme looks great on the marlins. My only complaint is that the yellow alt feels a bit out of place as it is only an accent on all the others and it doesn't really have any orange. Great sets all around I really live the striping pattern you used.

On the Angels, I would switch from Periwinkle to Sky Blue (r128,g218,b235) and go from Yellow to Golden Yellow (r255,g223,b0). I would also scrap the yellow caps. Use the Alt 2 cap at home and the alt 1 cap on the road.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wow! This is certainly a unique take on the Marlins. I think you did a pretty good job balancing a whole hell of a lot of colors. The powder blue road set looks great. 

My only gripe is that you used the "Miami" wordmark on every single jersey in the set. I'd give at least one or two of them a "Marlins" wordmark. 

Another suggestion I have is to make the wordmark and cap logo white on the orange-red alt. I think would pop better than the teal. 

6 hours ago, willmoen said:

I'm digging this color scheme for the Marlins. I agree with @coco1997 that at least one should have the Marlins wordmark instead of Miami. I would probably put it on either the Red-Orange alternate or the Yellow alternate. Can't wait to see the next team.

6 hours ago, BenD said:

The new color scheme looks great on the marlins. My only complaint is that the yellow alt feels a bit out of place as it is only an accent on all the others and it doesn't really have any orange. Great sets all around I really live the striping pattern you used.

Thank you all! I decided to try giving the home and the orange alternate the 'Marlins' wordmark. Switching the teal and the white, I really like how it looks on the orange jersey, but I'm not sure about the home. I'd also agree about the yellow maybe feeling out of place, I might just scrap it or replace it with the lighter orange.

594dd22557235_MiamiMarlinsHome.thumb.png.bf2966b8bb09f3bf62106ebd00c4505d.png594dd22cf326b_MiamiMarlinsAlternate2.thumb.png.182e63c954411836a2e238cfc446f905.png

5 hours ago, eick74 said:

On the Angels, I would switch from Periwinkle to Sky Blue (r128,g218,b235) and go from Yellow to Golden Yellow (r255,g223,b0). I would also scrap the yellow caps. Use the Alt 2 cap at home and the alt 1 cap on the road.

I think I'd like to keep the periwinkle since that's been used in team history, but I'll try working around with the gold and see what I like.

Any other comments on Miami (or anything else, it doesn't matter to me) would be awesome.

4 hours ago, RightGuard said:

When this project is complete, will you post finalized versions of the new looks?

I potentially could.

What do you all think I should do about the yellow alternate? Maybe I should switch the colors of the cap?

Alright, kind of surprising that it has already been a couple days since I posted the Marlins, but here are the Brewers!

Logos

594ffe16f34b1_MilwaukeeBrewersLogos.thumb.png.2867a372b52c9b3655a9b4af4b42da02.png

-Going back to the classic, beloved scheme, with a darker, more brewery type gold, as I recommended in @Victormrey's wonderful series.This way the classic feel is kept intact, with a subtle twist to keep it modern.

-The away is a sort of dulled powder blue, kind of like what you saw from the White Sox in the 60's. All of the white elements in the set are actually cream, being that Milwaukee is the Cream City.

Uniforms

595001797f2d2_MilwaukeeBrewersHome.thumb.png.aad4795f327693bc44a253d50ad8d4ad.png59500182339ee_MilwaukeeBrewersAway.thumb.png.74fd2e835c4def939da6867b7a69a2f0.png5950112be6d14_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate1.thumb.png.126a88d36e3d710e00b455831f1703a0.png59501133f3630_MilwaukeeBrewersAlternate2.thumb.png.d3628c1044d353de7c717d724b0878f5.png

-The wheat/barley type pattern returns from my tweaks series, and is added onto the brims of the caps, deriving from their predecessor Pilots' caps.

-The gold jersey sees a gold front-panel cap paired with it, though obviously that cap can go with the other jerseys as well.

-The number font from my tweaks series is kept to maintain the brewery type feel to the set.

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I like what you've done with the Brewers. Not too different from your tweaks series.

I should point out that Scooter Gennett is on the Reds now, and Kirk Nieuwenhuis is in the minors. ;)

Fixed, haha.

Anyone else?

As a Brewers fan, let me just say that this looks absolutely fantastic. I love that you used Cream instead of White to differentiate from every other team. My one suggestion is to add a pair or Dark Blue pants to the Dark Blue Alternate because I feel like the Dark Blue and Powder Blue don't match quite right. Other than that, I love this set.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Archived