MLB Redesigns Series

MJD7

10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What about like maybe purple & red? That's a scheme I wanted to use somewhere that might work. I would like to use orange and powder somewhere else, though. What do you all think I should use as Nashville's scheme? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Eh, I think red and purple is straying too far away your original idea. 

If it were up to me, I'd use some combination of orange, brown, cream and maybe light brown for the road uniform. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2017 at 11:30 PM, coco1997 said:

Eh, I think red and purple is straying too far away your original idea. 

If it were up to me, I'd use some combination of orange, brown, cream and maybe light brown for the road uniform. 

I'd probably agree.

Just so everyone knows, I'm working on something for Nashville now, and I feel like it's something that could satisfy what everyone's looking for come the final update.

Anyways, we're in an empire state of mind today, as both New York teams are up, first being the Mets!

Logos

59737a909bdcf_NewYorkMetsLogos.thumb.png.17d5e6ca7568d01fe1daa7d278937136.png

-For me, I felt the Mets had to evolve from their Dodgers/Giants combo roots, or else they would've look basically the same as in my tweaks series. I chose the unorthodox black and pink because it's a scheme the Mets almost inaugurally wore, and it also fits the urban city feel that the (fittingly named) Metropolitans could go for.

-Otherwise, the overall look remains the same, with black replacing blue and pink replacing orange as far as distribution goes. Black now replaces gray as the road uniform.

Uniforms

59737bbd23ed2_NewYorkMetsHome.thumb.png.ef3fd55213d77e5b62ca629d0ad6cc29.png59737bcd35025_NewYorkMetsAway.thumb.png.072424640a09d26dbfe99e1838d53bf1.png59737bd9e6a73_NewYorkMetsAlternate.thumb.png.f79b67e94be7d2a4d9cd11c283cf5bad.png

-I kept the same overall look from the tweaks series, as I like the racing stripes aesthetic.

-The socks feature the famous New York skyline from the primary logo.

-The pink alternate, though it wouldn't be worn often, is a nice change from the rest of the league and sports in general.

Now on to the Yankees!

Logos

5975113216805_NewYorkYankeesLogos.thumb.png.5354da057f06ba7bc7224f60f813555a.png

-An obviously classic look, the only real changes I could make were to drop any trace of red and allow the Yankees to embrace navy, white, and gray.

-The away goes back to having no outlines to bring back a more historic, timeless look.

-I did bring on two navy alternates, because I do think they can look really good.

Uniforms

59737ceae3f0b_NewYorkYankeesHome.thumb.png.e640a27f8ab6787e088be3e93f2c00bf.png59737cf9789c0_NewYorkYankeesAway.thumb.png.011e59fe4d59a1f5302c277927369331.png59737d0645b09_NewYorkYankeesAlternate1.thumb.png.5706ad97f8f659f7251d234f9b472ad6.png59737d15cef5f_NewYorkYankeesAlternate2.thumb.png.b4c241748d9b2ce1918f38a8cf663b5b.png

-It's obviously hard to mess with timeless tradition, so I didn't try to very much.

-The sock pattern features 27 white stripes for obvious reasons, which is an idea from Jesse Alkire's site which I've often referenced.

-The away is stripped down to be more plain without any outlines or stripes, something @Paul Lucas recommended in my tweaks series.

-The navy alternates are basically inverses of their home and road counterparts.

Let me know what you guys think!

The Mets and Yankees both look stunning. Glad to see you tried to stay as close to tradition as you could with the Yankees and I absolutely love the color scheme for the Mets. I honestly think that Pink should be used a little bit more in color schemes in sports. The sock striping for the Mets is awesome as well. Keep up the great work.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Nice job on the NYC teams! Black and pink is a great color combo, and it works really well on the Mets for the reasons you mentioned above. My only gripe is that the racing stripes aren't consistent on the pink alternate and the pants. Some might view this as an issue. 

The Yankees also turned out well. I'm on the fence about the striped socks. I like the idea behind it, but in general striped socks tend to not look good with pinstriped uniforms. How about having two separate sock designs, one for the home/home alt and one for the road/road alt?

On 7/22/2017 at 1:29 PM, willmoen said:

The Mets and Yankees both look stunning. Glad to see you tried to stay as close to tradition as you could with the Yankees and I absolutely love the color scheme for the Mets. I honestly think that Pink should be used a little bit more in color schemes in sports. The sock striping for the Mets is awesome as well. Keep up the great work.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:49 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Omg, it's pink. I love it. I'm loving these out of the box ideas

On 7/22/2017 at 2:32 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice job on the NYC teams! Black and pink is a great color combo, and it works really well on the Mets for the reasons you mentioned above. My only gripe is that the racing stripes aren't consistent on the pink alternate and the pants. Some might view this as an issue. 

The Yankees also turned out well. I'm on the fence about the striped socks. I like the idea behind it, but in general striped socks tend to not look good with pinstriped uniforms. How about having two separate sock designs, one for the home/home alt and one for the road/road alt?

35 minutes ago, BenD said:

Not what I was expecting for the mets, but I like it. Yankees look good, I really like the alternate hats, but I'm not sure about the socks.

Thank you guys! I'll try and see if I can do something about the sock stripes, though I'd prefer to at least not leave them plain like their rival Red Sox.

As a side note, as I was working on Nashville it became clear that the scheme I wanted to use was slowly becoming very close to a certain AL West team's, so I adjusted the scheme of said team. You can see that adjustment in the original post on the first page.

Thanks again for the C+C everyone!

Mets: I like the black/pink! I'm not sold on the skyline socks or the 1987 script (modifying the 1993-94 script - my mockup - to lose the tail would be a better option), but I still think it looks good. 

Yankees: I'm sorry to put it this flatly, but the striped socks are terrible. They ruin the home and road uniform (especially with the stripped-down look you wanted). The alternates are good, but some kind of throwback would be way better than navy softball tops. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but those socks are not good.

48 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Mets: I like the black/pink! I'm not sold on the skyline socks or the 1987 script (modifying the 1993-94 script - my mockup - to lose the tail would be a better option), but I still think it looks good. 

Yankees: I'm sorry to put it this flatly, but the striped socks are terrible. They ruin the home and road uniform (especially with the stripped-down look you wanted). The alternates are good, but some kind of throwback would be way better than navy softball tops. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but those socks are not good.

I personally like the skyline socks, since New York is one of the very few teams it could work and make sense for. I also like the road script, but I can definitely try a version with your mockup.

It's all good with the Yankees, I understand where you all are coming from on the socks, for sure. It's a neat idea, but it probably wouldn't look nearly as well-executed in real life. I would like to do something though, even if it's real simple. I also love what @Victormrey did with his Yankees alternates, maybe I could make one of my navy jerseys look like that, sans red?

I also have an update basically ready for Nashville, you guys can let me know whether I should upload it now or wait until the final updates at the end of the series.

I like the idea behind the Yanks' socks, and I also like the execution...though I'm not sure it'd translate all that well to reality.

The Mets' skyline socks...brilliant, man. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you guys! I'll try and see if I can do something about the sock stripes, though I'd prefer to at least not leave them plain like their rival Red Sox.

You could always update the Boston socks to look like this and keep the Yankees socks solid navy. ;)

Here is a proposition for the Yankees socks which is present in team history... Is this any better?

59761d9e9535f_NewYorkYankeesHome.thumb.png.8ef5e8a2b0ec82d237748db6b3341044.png

And here's a version of the road set with @SFGiants58's wordmark. I also added an inverted version to see if you guys like that better.

59761e14e2c4a_NewYorkMetsAway.thumb.png.d03dfa61dbb5ceae451c560602652d83.png59761e1d3dc42_NewYorkMetsAway2.thumb.png.152d01077f0a5e4ac3213749c8e9a16d.png

What do you all think? Oakland will be up later today, along with a Nashville update!

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really like the black/pink option for the Mets but I would ditch the racing stripes and go with plain pins at home. 

Great Job!

Thanks! If it were up to me I'd prefer to keep both to distinguish from other pinstripe teams, but maybe I should go the other way around, racing stripes but no pins?

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The simple double stripe sock design is a better choice for the Yankees.

The Mets road set looks good with @SFGiants58's road wordmark, but the pink script with white trim should stay as is.  

Alright, I'll either go with that double stripe design or just do plain come the final update.

Moving on now to the Oakland A's!

Logos

59765a1b8c69b_OaklandAthleticsLogos.thumb.png.bbbae071b137cbb8673f2615ab093cbd.png

-Like many others on these boards, I would love to see the A's return to kelly green. Now would be the perfect time to do so, as the use of bright colors has risen back into prominence lately. I also brightened up the yellow to be less of an orange shade.

-Overall, this set takes a lot of inspiration from the popular 70's set, even with the return of a white hat.

-I like how @SFGiants58 incorporated the elephant well into his A's set, let me know if I should put the elephant in the primary roundel instead of the A.

Uniforms

59766419e963e_OaklandAthleticsHome.thumb.png.89571c5330779631661bf869c96b1ca5.png59766421cd987_OaklandAthleticsAway.thumb.png.daaf01d293fc8162a5474efd339d4d8d.png59766429b7d0d_OaklandAthleticsAlternate1.thumb.png.6ad7e234e0bc3fea89548068fe7f3311.png59766430e4fff_OaklandAthleticsAlternate2.thumb.png.850f9edc38a0c594471bd34fbc56807d.png59766439412ba_OaklandAthleticsAlternate3.thumb.png.ed846cb0d1e7ef22969fe55853d12b3e.png

-Another pretty simple translation from my tweaks series, with kelly in the place of forest.

-Green becomes the primary away, though yellow is also an option much like the 70's uniforms. A solid green cap is given to the all-yellow look for color balance.

-The A's are one team where I had to make clear that the undersock below the stirrup is yellow, so I showed that.

That's about it for the A's, now here's an update for Nashville that goes in a fairly different direction.

597679940f3d9_NashvilleSoundsLogos.thumb.png.b0e301c2d7705df2720d85c3d8caf220.png

59766a7a61d78_NashvilleSoundsHome.thumb.png.c2401acbd5f612e5ddd33aa23d8b5187.png59766a831738d_NashvilleSoundsAway.thumb.png.0af2ff838242ee9afda5c24e70a235ea.png59766a8bb5b86_NashvilleSoundsAlternate1.thumb.png.989f8c8bced0dc9d0887dc9ff13e21a9.png59766a94a0ba1_NashvilleSoundsAlternate2.thumb.png.9cc7726ef5bf2702ac551f6baa6d4dbf.png59766a9d8b6c1_NashvilleSoundsAwayAlternate.thumb.png.f0772236c046f32b1242eea97d4b865f.png

I came upon this Buccaneers-inspired scheme because it pretty much accomplishes what everyone was looking for. This scheme calls upon Nashville's history in the Minor Leagues, gives a vintage look, effectively mixes brown and gray (ideas that @WavePunter and I were championing, respectively) to create a look that's somewhat like  @scottyeagle's recommendation of red & black, and still uses orange as part of the scheme. Big thanks to @coco1997 for helping me out a bunch with this one.

I'm curious to hear what you guys think!

The A's look pretty good! I like that you brought back the white crowned cap, but for consistency's sake, I think the logo should have yellow trim to match the wordmarks. Speaking of which, I'm not sold on the white script because the yellow outline is barely noticeable. Had you gone with their current shade of yellow/gold, I don't think it would be a problem. 

The Sounds are a huge improvement. I think ditching the powder blue and replacing it with red was the right move and a good way to honor the team's current identity. One problem I'm seeing on the away alternate cap, however, is that the guitar pick disappears into the rest of the cap. 

I like the inverted colors better for the Mets. The A's looks fantastic, except part of me is questioning green pants and yellow pants.

I really liked the original color scheme for Nashville, the light blue was easier in the eyes that the red, and the sliver is better than pewter.

Loving the Series

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The A's look pretty good! I like that you brought back the white crowned cap, but for consistency's sake, I think the logo should have yellow trim to match the wordmarks. Speaking of which, I'm not sold on the white script because the yellow outline is barely noticeable. 

The Sounds are a huge improvement. I think ditching the powder blue and replacing it with red was the right move and a good way to honor the team's current identity. One problem I'm seeing on the away alternate cap, however, is that the guitar pick disappears into the rest of the cap. 

If the white cap should have yellow trim, does that mean the green cap should as well? I just left it off of both to be closer to the originals. I'll also try thickening up the yellow outline, because I think it looks really good in that second picture you posted.

As for the Sounds, is this a better option? I was trying to find a way to fit this cap in.

5976969d11499_NashvilleSoundsAwayAlternate.thumb.png.768035a3461bee98bf43e07dc60c5610.png

Archived