MLB Redesigns Series

MJD7

A few different cap experiments for the Royals real quick:

Yellow clash cap for at home (this one didn't come out quite as well as I was expecting)

5946b14c31c9e_KansasCityRoyalsHome.thumb.png.6b3ed9baaab2e3beb3b7e80a9cd54252.png

White alternate cap for the purple jersey (This came out better than expected)

5946b152c05c8_KansasCityRoyalsAlternate.thumb.png.c882ed11b2fc58511681a0cd6a57ce6f.png

And a gold-brimmed cap, as suggested by @SFGiants58

5946b15a014eb_KansasCityRoyalsAlternate2.thumb.png.7a9cfc6295a4514099eb74cd240aabc3.png

What do you guys think?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mee said:

How about a purple cap with a gold brim for the purple jersey?

Not bad. It might need something like yellow undershirt sleeves to balance out the colors of the look though.

5947335ccaa46_KansasCityRoyalsAlternate2.thumb.png.1e0a095956b376bda32e6eb5525e07b5.png

2 hours ago, Ciaranowls said:

How about an all white home jersey. Cap and socks included

I wouldn't want to do white socks since they reside in the same division as Chicago, but I think a white cap looks nice:

594733f181875_KansasCityRoyalsHome.thumb.png.3f0f3160463094982394feabe79ee636.png

27 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Not bad. It might need something like yellow undershirt sleeves to balance out the colors of the look though.

5947335ccaa46_KansasCityRoyalsAlternate2.thumb.png.1e0a095956b376bda32e6eb5525e07b5.png

I wouldn't want to do white socks since they reside in the same division as Chicago, but I think a white cap looks nice:

594733f181875_KansasCityRoyalsHome.thumb.png.3f0f3160463094982394feabe79ee636.png

Awesome! These concepts are looking amazing btw 

spacer.png

Finally, a little more than 1/3 of the way into the series comes our first expansion team, the Las Vegas Aces!

Logos

5947d7446dde1_LasVegasAcesLogos.thumb.png.6954a603b951dc98abc647517dd1c687.png

-Occupying the NL West spot, this identity is based off of a combination of the Reno Aces of the PCL and a city that fits that name too perfectly.

-The color scheme is derived from a variety of ideas that all fit the Vegas area and the team name quite well, from the Las Vegas sign to the neon lights to the colors of a playing card.

-The caps and uniforms feature a shadow that acts as a spectrum of the three different accent colors as they go across the wordmark, giving a modern feeling of having "lights" while still being presented against a simple black or white wordmark.

-I was able to create a 'Vegas' wordmark based off of the letters in 'Aces,' hopefully it looks pretty decent. To be clear, they are still the 'Las Vegas Aces,' it's just that would be a lot to fit on a slanted script.

Uniforms

5947db927a31d_LasVegasAcesHome.thumb.png.dce266df4da7bd0b39d56ce55d79b4fd.png5947db9ba578d_LasVegasAcesAway.thumb.png.860e0311cbbb0af9b365d6ed58443972.png5947dba3e7698_LasVegasAcesAlternate1.thumb.png.3e035202616d289ba2177cb7d903b473.png5947dbac248ed_LasVegasAcesAlternate2.thumb.png.60f10f294fd9fcdb3d33f10cbd694eca.png5947dbb471364_LasVegasAcesAlternate3.thumb.png.566a141d5b8ffc6ecdb797ab97ec4b7e.png

-The regular home and road stay surprisingly reserved, sticking mostly to a black, white, and red color scheme like most playing cards. The alternates are where it gets crazy, as they embrace the neon reds, blues, and yellows of the set.

-The striping is a pattern of the four different suits that travels vertically all the way down from the shoulders to the tips of the socks. It's definitely a unique look to say the least, but I think it's one that Vegas can pull off.

-The sort of "dual theme" that the striping presents is something I'm interested in exploring more, maybe in a half-and-half jersey, or in a sort of pinwheel-style cap?

-There is a contrasting solid red number on the front of every jersey (except the red one, of course) that is based off of the simple numbers of a card. The back numbers feature the multi-colored shadow like the wordmarks.

-The number font is interestingly the same one that was also given back to the Astros in their update, but they probably look different enough, I'd say.

-With the Cubs changing from light blue and red, I have a set ready that gets rid of the black for the Aces, if anyone thinks that would be better.

That's Vegas for you, any criticisms or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, this is awesome! The colors scream Vegas (in regards to your point about the Cubs, you really need to keep the black) and great job repurposing the "Aces" wordmark into a "Vegas" one. The racing stripes are a little much for me, but I guess if any team should be outlandish, it's Vegas. 

I like the racing stripes but not on the socks and I think that white paneled hat would look best with each uniform. The outlines look a bit odd i and I think you could accomplish a similar goal with a solid outline and a drop shadow or a gradient outline. All in all it's a solid look and is definitely unique.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

-With the Cubs changing from light blue and red, I have a set ready that gets rid of the black for the Aces, if anyone thinks that would be better.

Yeah.. Also, I get the playing cards reference, but if you want Las Vegas to be a loud team(racing stripes) black just doesn't fit..

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, this is awesome! The colors scream Vegas (in regards to your point about the Cubs, you really need to keep the black) and great job repurposing the "Aces" wordmark into a "Vegas" one. The racing stripes are a little much for me, but I guess if any team should be outlandish, it's Vegas. 

Thank you! I'd probably agree about the black, but I'll see what everyone thinks.

8 hours ago, BenD said:

I like the racing stripes but not on the socks and I think that white paneled hat would look best with each uniform. The outlines look a bit odd i and I think you could accomplish a similar goal with a solid outline and a drop shadow or a gradient outline. All in all it's a solid look and is definitely unique.

7 hours ago, willmoen said:

The Aces look absolutely amazing. I agree that the color scheme screams Las Vegas. Are the caps interchangeable because I think that the Black Cap would work well with the Away uniform.

I appreciate it, you both! And yes, this is a good time to mention that most all of the uniform elements in this series can be interchangeable... So long as the combination looks good of course, haha.

8 hours ago, mee said:

Yeah.. Also, I get the playing cards reference, but if you want Las Vegas to be a loud team(racing stripes) black just doesn't fit..

Here's a look at the set without black, though I think black does a good job of subduing the other "loud" elements a bit.

594873e85d019_LasVegasAcesLogos.thumb.png.4b897a764d4806d85a505078f8832655.png

Anyone else have opinions on Las Vegas?

You need the black to balance out the bright colors. The blue, yellow and red-only scheme would work better for a team like Miami, though I'm excited to see your Marlins concept based on the colors you've chosen for them.

1 hour ago, Ciaranowls said:

Black needs to stay

1 hour ago, willmoen said:

I also say keep the black. It gives the Aces a nice dark touch to an otherwise bright color scheme.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

You need the black to balance out the bright colors. The blue, yellow and red-only scheme would work better for a team like Miami, though I'm excited to see your Marlins concept based on the colors you've chosen for them.

5 minutes ago, mee said:

Too bright. Keep the black.

Alright then it's settled, black stays.

Archived