roundball rock (an nba logo series)

BlackBolt3

///

Hey, the Boston Celtics have a recognizable logo. The only problem is that on a small scale, it is extremely hard to replicate. I wanted to create a simple yet effective mark that could take the place of the leprechaun at times when an easier to produce logo is needed. It comes in a one color variation and a two color variation.

IMG_0660.thumb.PNG.1ca31a81de2ea726c36b03c92b1c5d07.PNGIMG_0661.thumb.PNG.7c20f999cc7365b70f776f026186ef38.PNG

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a new concept, but I decided I didn't want to make another thread for such a similar thing. So now we have a series!

The Pistons have a new identity, which is good! The also have new alternate logos, which are awful. I tried to create something that fans in Detroit can really rally around, something memorable with a call out to the "Bad Boys" teams of the late 80s' and early 90s'.

IMG_0741.thumb.PNG.a874f4144127e21b585725715b94d15f.PNG

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

So is there going to be new "mini" logos for each team now? This could also work with several other sports.

and btw love the bad boy pistons logo

I'm probably gonna keep this one confined to the NBA, but I like to keep my options.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

38 minutes ago, raysox said:

WHat if you made the bones actual Pistons?

That is a great idea it would still pull of the skull and bones look while also relating back to the team name

Excellent!

23 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Have a new concept, but I decided I didn't want to make another thread for such a similar thing. So now we have a series!

The Pistons have a new identity, which is good! The also have new alternate logos, which are awful. I tried to create something that fans in Detroit can really rally around, something memorable with a call out to the "Bad Boys" teams of the late 80s' and early 90s'.

IMG_0741.thumb.PNG.a874f4144127e21b585725715b94d15f.PNG

ITS YARP YARP!!!!!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Some real life stuff:

IMG_0757.thumb.PNG.2735e53c7c56157dedcdce4dca4767bf.PNG

I'll try to put new stuff up Thursdays and a follow up post on Mondays, but with my transition from high school to Clemson throughout the summer, things can get erratic.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

*swish*

The draft is tonight in Brooklyn, so lets take a shot at them. Isn't is funny how a team named the Nets have never had a net in their logo? I like their identity in all ways except the logos themselves, so I didn't want to change much.

IMG_0745.thumb.PNG.54cfb287788b5af706ddc1246b0f7e69.PNG

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived