roundball rock (an nba logo series)

BlackBolt3

3 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

*swish*

The draft is tonight in Brooklyn, so lets take a shot at them. Isn't is funny how a team named the Nets have never had a net in their logo? I like their identity in all ways except the logos themselves, so I didn't want to change much.

IMG_0745.thumb.PNG.54cfb287788b5af706ddc1246b0f7e69.PNG

That is so gooood! Their actual logo is so dull your logo is light years from it. Keep up the good work!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An overhead shot of a ball going through the net. It's so simple it's almost amazing it's not already apart of Brooklyn's identity.

I will say that this looks awesome, but it does get a little confusing to look at. Maybe try making the netting thicker or maybe less of it. Something to make it stand out from the ball. Right now it blends a tad much.

These all have been awesome, but I really think that the Nets have been your best yet. That would seriously make an amazing primary for them right now, no changes needed IMO. I really hope you get to finish the whole league

spacer.png

Thanks y'all, I obviously like this one a lot too.

16 hours ago, henburg said:

I really hope you get to finish the whole league

I want to touch on as many teams as I can, but there are just some teams (like my Hornets) who have a good identity with numerous logos, so there isn't a whole lot I could originally create.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The Nets logo is amazing and clever! The one tweak that I would recommend is to have "Brooklyn" on the top and "Nets" on the bottom, both in a wider and thicker script, so it is more legible. 

Great, clean concept.  The different marketing applications breaks up the monotony of just logo, logo, logo, logo.  Here are my initial thoughts:

BOS: It looks like maybe the outlines are a little bit too heavy?  Also, how would it look if you replaced the black lines with white, and then put a thin green stroke around?

DET: The first logo was definitely cartoony, but the updated pistons make it a lot better.

BRO: Interesting update.  I was hoping for a non-roundel series.

Oklahoma City has had one of, if not the worst identity in the NBA ever since they moved. I know it's another roundel, but just about anything is better than what they have:IMG_0770.thumb.PNG.cbfc41b72290422d5d533eccf7b614ad.PNG

And yes, I know thunder and lightning are not the same thing.;)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Back from vacation, and I'm ready to get this one off. The Suns have essentially had the same logo for 50 years, although the styling changed. I view this as somewhat of a compromise of all eras. While I appreciate the unique rhombus shape of the current logo, I feel as if it restricts the real star (pun intended), the sunburst, so I kept the general shape without the actual shape, if you understand me. The sunburst logo would be mostly used on a purple background.

PhoenixSunsPre.thumb.png.3a7ea78206fab2bfde487a6e1886fd88.png

PhoenixSunsPre2.thumb.png.0c5b86f9a3e61642b40a7ce3d02d6e22.png

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Another sun logo! The Heat are about the only team that I think can pull off a gradient logo, so I gave them a secondary logo that can be used in both gradient and flat fashions, but also gives off a tropical vibe.

IMG_0900.thumb.PNG.9f8e01f226c5999a3a7d9365408875c8.PNG

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

These are fantastic. the suns should use what you did and rebrand using that. The fact that you kept it so the suns looks normal from both sides, is awesome. Keep up the great work, i have zero fixes for any of them. Well done.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 6/29/2017 at 2:20 PM, BlackBolt3 said:

Oklahoma City has had one of, if not the worst identity in the NBA ever since they moved. I know it's another roundel, but just about anything is better than what they have:IMG_0770.thumb.PNG.cbfc41b72290422d5d533eccf7b614ad.PNG

And yes, I know thunder and lightning are not the same thing.;)

SBNation blog logo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived