NHL Concepts- NHL17 style

TheJerseyDevil26

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So, quick update.  I added two new teams.  First up is the Denver Pioneers.  I went with traditional pioneer colors that i thought would look good.  I like the logo a lot and how they look on the uniforms.  I went with a more classic uni set.  My favorite is the away uniform, it just looks so clean.  The alternate is out there a bit, but it works.

Denver.jpeg

Finally, we have the Georgia Bulldogs.  The color scheme is one i wanted to use for a while.  The away and home follow the same style, somewhat being based off the current Coyotes jerseys.  The alternate is just a simple, clean jersey.  I decided to use a yellow alternate instead of black, because almost every team on this concept page has a black alternate. So, i trayed away from a black jersey for once.

Georgia.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of teams to respond too lol, I will try to be constructive for each team.

BOS - Love the brown look, wish they would really use the brown its so underused in sports. Only gripe is not is that the Alt logo is not a bear paw, but i know youre working the NHL17 (and i know all to well the limitations of that lol). Overall great look

CIN - I would change the pants, gloves and helmet to black on the home set, other than that looks good.

CLE - I think the yellow should be the ALT and might change the jersey design for the yellow one too. The white right next to the yellow just gets muddy.

DAL - Great look for them, would like to see the green a little darker. It looks a little too North Stars right now, and for me I feel like a darker green feels more Dallas. Also would try to get a little more black on the away set.

HER - Only complaint is that again thats not a bear paw, other than that looks good

LV -  Needs a darker shade of gray, not enough contrast against the yellow/gold. 

LA - I really like the current Kings look, but would not be upset if they did this. Its a fun combo of all the Kings unis.

MIL - One of the best looks here, even thought its kinda a BOS rip off lol, but thats not a bad thing.

NO - Super clean look, only issue is the Alt logo...dont knights kill dragons? Just a thought.

ND - Classic look, not a big fan of the different home and away jerseys, but thats just personal and i know a lot of teams do it so not really a big deal.

ORL - only complaint is the socks, they dont really go with the set. Good look otherwise

OTT - Great look, wish they would do something like this, love that logo. I think it just needs black glooves.

PEN - Simple design, looks great, not much to say

PHI - Like all the white on the home set

PHX - Looks ok, seems like there is too much black. Hard to make them look good, wish they would just move them somewhere else lol

SD - See CIN lol

SEA -  Really nice, great use of yellow

TB - Nice throwback look, just needs white logo on the home set.

WIN - Nice throwback, really like the red ALT just needs a white line around the blue yolk

DEN - Amazing look! Definitely my favorite look.

GEO - Good look, but that logo gets a little lost on the home set,

Ok that looks like every team lol, hope this helps.

So, i have two more teams to add. First up is the Maine Mariners.  I went with Seattle Mariners colors, or close to it.  The teal is actually San Jose' shade.  But, anyway, i like how this set came out. It's something i haven't done in NHL 17. I don;t like to use Bettman piping on jerseys, but i like how these came out.

Maine.jpeg

The other team is the Missouri Outlaws.  I went with Wild colors for these uniforms.  The style is very similar to the Golden Knights inaugural uniforms.  In a way.  The red accent is sort of what gives it the VGK feel. As its not prominent at all in the logo, its more of an accent color, but it looks good on the uniform in my opinion.  And what i really like about this uniform is I went with a cram/tan away jersey.  That's something that even the NHL doesn't do, and i think it looks really good on this set.

Missouri.jpeg

Maine looks really good, the home is good and that alt is fantastic. The away looks a little bland, I think its because it lacks teal, not sure how to fix that with the NHL17 limitations though.

Missouri is ok, it screams Wild though just because of the exact color pallet. The alt looks like something the Wild should be wearing lol. Not a huge fan of the cream away, I think its just to gold, try maybe using the Pens gold color. I think it would work better as an away color because its so much lighter

• 2 weeks later...

So, with NHL 18 coming out, i thought I'd take a look at how the create a team changed. And, i was fairly happy to see it changed a decent amount. You can now use ECHL Logos, there's more custom logos, and you can create a mascot. Very happy. Anyway, on to some more concepts

First we have the Houston Thunder, my 32nd NHL expansion team.  I went with colors i previously used for the Maine Mariners.  And i used the Wichita Thunder logo.  And i am very pleased with how these came out. The colors work well together and the balance of color on the jerseys is good for the most part i believe.

houston.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

So this is a new iteration of an old team on here.  I decided to update the look of the Milwaukee Marauders.  The look is no longer an almost carbon copy of Boston.  While it still follows the same overall design, it strays away and looks a lot cleaner than the previous set.  I think this is a real improvement over the old set.  As always, C&C is appreciated.

milwaukee.jpeg

So, i've got another team to add.  This is the Las Vegas Knights.  Its pretty much what i think Vegas should be wearing now. I got rid of the red from the uniforms and just stuck with Steel Gray, Black, and Gold.  I think it looks much better and cleaner compared to their current jerseys. Which is nothing bad as I am a huge fan of their current uniforms. For the alternate i went with  black jersey even though i contemplated going with a gold one. I used the star logo for the alt jersey and a custom logo on the shoulders. As always, C&C is appreciated.

knights.jpeg

10 hours ago, TheJerseyDevil26 said:

So, i've got another team to add.  This is the Las Vegas Knights.  Its pretty much what i think Vegas should be wearing now. I got rid of the red from the uniforms and just stuck with Steel Gray, Black, and Gold.  I think it looks much better and cleaner compared to their current jerseys. Which is nothing bad as I am a huge fan of their current uniforms. For the alternate i went with  black jersey even though i contemplated going with a gold one. I used the star logo for the alt jersey and a custom logo on the shoulders. As always, C&C is appreciated.

knights.jpeg

I really like it because it gets rid of all the unnecessary red on the jersey. I have a question though. Why didn't EA use the regular golden knights logo? This one has more detail in it. 

Archived