Casablanca    12

Hello all,

This is my first concept on the boards. I made this one quite a while ago, but have not decided to post it until now. I'm not very tech savvy and so just used Google Drawings to make this and so it doesn't all line up quite the way I'd like.

As the name 'Nordiques' means 'northerners', I decided to play off that and make it the shape of a compass. The fleur-de-lis represents the province of Quebec and also helps form the tip of the compass. The red border of the compass forms the shape of the letter 'Q' for Quebec. The 'N' and the 'Q' in the logo are quite helpful for making a wordmark, especially since in french the team is 'Les Nordiques de Québec' (the 'N' before the 'Q')

Boussole.png

I like what you're shooting for here. My only real critique would be that the fleur-de-lis design inside the circle gives off a basketball logo vibe. 

VancouverFan69    166

A great idea for a secondary logo. The classic Igloo N ( \_ should still be the primary. 

Casablanca    12

For those of you who prefer the classic logo I made a version of that too. I rounded it off to look less abrupt and more like an Igloo.5934344839971_Rtro.png.e3fb08b2bdc2ee4f80bc14f61cfe1396.png

BuffaloJJ    21
42 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

For those of you who prefer the classic logo I made a version of that too. I rounded it off to look less abrupt and more like an Igloo.5934344839971_Rtro.png.e3fb08b2bdc2ee4f80bc14f61cfe1396.png

I like this a lot. Good work!

Zeus89725    952

The update is really nice. With the old logo I could never tell the difference between the 'N' and the stick, so this is definitely an upgrade in my book.

KRZYBDGRZ    192

Just use the n logo, it's much better

lopernv    300

I agree, the n logo is much better. Make the first one a primary, remove the N, create a better fleur de lis shape, and I think it's a winner.