Removing screen printing from jersey

T-ROY

So I recently bought a jersey from kijiji and didn't realize the seller hid from me that one jersey had screen printed lettering on the back. Was already home by the time I realized it. Anyway, I've read online that there's basically no way of removing screen printing from jerseys, but I've heard acetone might work? I keep seeing it mentioned, but I've never seen anyone confirm or deny that it works. If I can't get it out of the jersey I'll just try hiding it with a nameplate and such. The name wouldn't be too hard to conceal, the 7 on the back will be. That's something I'd settle with whomever I get it customized with. Anyway, I was just wondering if this crap really is the bane of my existence at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

8 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

So I recently bought a jersey from kijiji and didn't realize the seller hid from me that one jersey had screen printed lettering on the back. Was already home by the time I realized it. Anyway, I've read online that there's basically no way of removing screen printing from jerseys, but I've heard acetone might work? I keep seeing it mentioned, but I've never seen anyone confirm or deny that it works. If I can't get it out of the jersey I'll just try hiding it with a nameplate and such. The name wouldn't be too hard to conceal, the 7 on the back will be. That's something I'd settle with whomever I get it customized with. Anyway, I was just wondering if this crap really is the bane of my existence at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

Soccer ones I've saw seem to like heat, be it from an iron or elsewhere. You can be agressive or slow. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I've pulled screen printing off of several garments with acetone

The kind of stuff that's used on high school uniforms? I've tried acetone and it wasn't working. Then again it wasn't pure acetone and was just some nail polish remover. I'll get some pure acetone and try that.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived