Bolt957

New Honey Comb Branding

What happened to the bee that used to say "Honey Comb! Honey Comb! Me Want Honey Comb!"?

2 minutes ago, DDR said:

What happened to the bee that used to say "Honey Comb! Honey Comb! Me Want Honey Comb!"?

It wasn't a bee

I don't know what it was suppose to be lol

Oh, Jesus, what is that? 

29 minutes ago, DDR said:

Oh, Jesus, what is that? 

A craving. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that pitch meeting.

I feel like The Craving is the lesser known, perhaps best-forgotten cousin of The Noid and The Whammy.

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

So I see Honey Comb pulled a New Coke and is now selling one with the "Classic Flavor"

axM9YYH.jpg

HUNEY

COMB

In an update, I went to Honey Comb's facebook page and it seems like they are reverting BACK to the previous design now, and mothballing the new taste.

36473117_1921711421182937_52708374238933

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

In an update, I went to Honey Comb's facebook page and it seems like they are reverting BACK to the previous design now, and mothballing the new taste.

36473117_1921711421182937_52708374238933

Aww man I liked the new packaging. I have no opinion on the cereal as I never had it but the  box looked sleek and nice and not like a 2004 action cartoon logo

I wonder if this is another "New Coke" conspiracy where the whole point was to eventually revert back as a stealth way to increase brand awareness and get some free advertising.

This isn't the original packaging though. It's a mix of the old and new packaging. The arrangement of the pictures of the cereal, for example, come from the new packaging, as does the hexagonal honeycomb pattern on the yellow background. It uses the old word mark/logo but it's not tilted down like before, but has a slight upward tilt (right is higher than left) than before.

The reason for this change was explained today by the folks at Post... apparently, guerrillas temporarily invaded the Honeycomb Hideout and took over the production line.  The Post police were able to repel the invaders, but not before they could get at least some of their sub-standard project onto shelves.

I like it.  The last design was a bad relic from the turn of the millennium.  Honey Comb has never really had a timeless or iconic package, but this one might have some staying power.