Bolt957

New Honey Comb Branding

Post has decided to go into a new direction with their branding for Honey Comb. Any thoughts?

Front View (Old v. New)

20170604_221547_HDR.thumb.jpg.8986cc04395014b4552112cd77503560.jpg

20170604_221559_HDR.jpg

Don't care for the black outline, but it's an upgrade.  The font in particular looks pretty nice.

I like it. I'm interested to see what the non-promotional packaging looks like. 

I'd lose the black outline on the side, where there's less room for everything to "breathe". Other than that, it's pretty solid; it will look even better when they drop the random green splash for "bigger flavor".

The dropping of faux-3D is always an improvement.  On top of that, the font of new wordmark is very attractive.  The soft curves in the N, M, and Y are very friendly.  (But I don't like that beehive thing (looks more like a ping-pong paddle) being in one of the O's.)  

The over-arching geometric patterning creates a pleasing and appropriate visual universe; what's more, this patterning emphasises the colour saturation, and really drives home the expectation of a honey taste.

Overall, a huge upgrade.

I forgot about this cereal. When I was a kid, I was always irked by their commercials (the ones where those people turned into those toon-like furballs when they went "crazy" for Honey Comb).

Oh, the branding is an upgrade too.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:37 AM, Cosmic said:

I'd lose the black outline on the side, where there's less room for everything to "breathe". Other than that, it's pretty solid; it will look even better when they drop the random green splash for "bigger flavor".

Those were my first thoughts as well, but I have a feeling someone from Post sitting at the presentation felt like black lettering on a yellow box looked too much like Cheerios.

6 minutes ago, Derek said:

Those were my first thoughts as well, but I have a feeling someone from Post sitting at the presentation felt like black lettering on a yellow box looked too much like Cheerios.

Maybe they could only use the white background honeycomb pattern on the side (instead of a gradient with the yellow background). Make it pop more; I think that would make it decidedly less Cheerios-like. I think the background looks pretty good on the front.

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Honeycomb used to have the best cereal freebee ever - actual metal license plates of each state. 

My complete collection of Bobby's World pogs from Cookie Crisp begs to differ.

19 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I could only wish my namesake was back...in pog form.