My take on a few college logos

Ritt Design

Could you take a stab at this logo? I've placed it in the vintage logos thread a few times over the last few years but I've lost hope in it getting new life. Keep up the great work!

IMG_4979.JPG

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find the time to keep up with this, but I'll continue to do my best. 

Thought I'd take a crack at my old school's mascot logo. Here is a much needed Purdue Pete update.  Feed back appreciated, as always. 

Purdue Pete orgin.jpg

Purdue Pete Showcase.jpg

1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

I like this Purdue logo a lot. You don't need the white strokes inside the dude's face, but other than that, you're golden. You could probably get away without the white strokes in the hat. Either way, love it.

Agreed man, I was debating this as well. I think you are right. still needs a few tweaks but I like how it is starting to look.  Thanks for your input.

Pete Show case no shadow.jpg

3 hours ago, Ritt Design said:

Agreed man, I was debating this as well. I think you are right. still needs a few tweaks but I like how it is starting to look.  Thanks for your input.

Pete Show case no shadow.jpg

Much better, dude. The lack of the white strokes make it easier to reproduce at small sizes. Those white strokes would've been lost at small sizes, like on a polo shirt or baseball cap, for example.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JB Designs said:

Actually a current Purdue student, btw. I'd love to see your take on a full-bodied Pete. Maybe even updating the old logo with the gigantic crab-esque chest.

You bet man, Ive actually started a full body pete. I'll throw it one hear when I clean it up a bit

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2017 at 9:58 AM, JB Designs said:

Actually a current Purdue student, btw. I'd love to see your take on a full-bodied Pete. Maybe even updating the old logo with the gigantic crab-esque chest.

@JB Designs Been meaning to post this for a while now... I like how it is is coming along, still needs a hammer though. Let me know what you think.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Purdue guy looks too happy

Yeah, I struggled with the face on this guy for a long time. I settled on this one cause I thought it was a confident/happy expression.  Kinda like "bring it on" sorta look

There's about 3 from my alma mater, Utah State University, that I'd like to see you take a crack on, from the current bull logo:

855261.jpg

To the 1990s-early 2010s "Pumbaa" logo:

logo.gif

but I know that time's a resource to you, and if there's one I really like, it's the older, more obscure "Glaring Farmer" logo:

AngelusPacific_USU_Logo1-vi.png

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

5 hours ago, Ritt Design said:

IcaAaTf.jpg

1lzlslV.jpg

@DustDevil61 started on the farmer and had the bull up as reference...thought they kinda worked together. I know it is a little busy, but this is just a 1st draft. wanted to get some feedback before continuing. 

Great first draft! I noticed that you haven't gotten around to the farmer's boots yet and his eyes need a little refining (he looks a little too laid back or sad), but with the way his left arm is bent, you could put him on the bull's right side and have it where he's leaning on the bull, with his feet behind the bull's front right hoof. I'd also like to see the farmer in this style by himself (when you've completed the rendering, of course).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived