Complete NBA Jersey History Project

eibram

I was inspired by this thread to release the Jersey History project I've been working on for the past two years. I'm a fairly new user and I realized the lack of a lot of classic jerseys (even some modern ones) from the database so I decided to make a more "complete" list on my own with just the front of the shirts. I realize now that I need a lot of help. I'm probably missing a lot of jerseys and maybe have messed up on some fonts or logos or even colors so I need the community to help me make a better database for the NBA's Jerseys.

I'm going to start simple with the Bulls and the Lakers and post the others from there:

1605s2p.png

ru4745.png

Credits to TD for the Template.

spacer.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Off the top of my head, you need:

- Noche Latino "Los Lakers" and "Los Bulls" jerseys

- the Christmas Day uniforms for both teams, not sure how many each have

- Chicago Stags uniform(s)

2e0ljxt.png

Am I missing anything else?

spacer.png

yay jersey history stuff!

the chicago script from the 70-80s is off. hardwood classics version differs from what they actually used, most obviously with the letter C. wierdly champion got the logo right when they did the nba 50th anniversary throwbacks, but every brand since has used the HWC one....even tho HWC themselves sell more accurate versions.

il_570xN.733723143_gmfm.jpgyea, classic sandknit! logos right, everything else wrong weeee

Chicago%20Bulls%20Micheal%20Jordan%20Roaoof..nope

350x700px-LL-26a8b992_Jordan8585Jersey.p....eeeeh close enough.

lakers in their first yr in la, the piping was basic white/road, blue/home with no interior detail. the number font was smaller and diff from the 61-86 version.

38db456d67f368d1016198bde678ec02.jpg

laker number font changed in 86-87 when sandknit took over the league jerseys and again slightly in 97 when nike took over (the lakers) from champion. if youre stickin with 15 on all the jerseys then only the 86 change matters if it matters at all. look for the serifs at the end of the numbers

norm-nixon-of-the-los-angeles-clippers-and-two-los-angeles-lakers-ac-picture-id6847261961-1986

acgreen.jpg1987 and beyooond

yes i too attempted a jersey database once. only hilarity ensued. :ninja:

38 minutes ago, Commodore Crablegs said:
  1. the chicago script from the 70-80s is off. hardwood classics version differs from what they actually used, most obviously with the letter C. wierdly champion got the logo right when they did the nba 50th anniversary throwbacks, but every brand since has used the HWC one....even tho HWC themselves sell more accurate versions.
  2. lakers in their first yr in la, the piping was basic white/road, blue/home with no interior detail. the number font was smaller and diff from the 61-86 version.
  3. laker number font changed in 86-87 when sandknit took over the league jerseys and again slightly in 97 when nike took over (the lakers) from champion. if youre stickin with 15 on all the jerseys then only the 86 change matters if it matters at all. look for the serifs at the end of the numbers

yes i too attempted a jersey database once. only hilarity ensued. :ninja:

1. Low res because they're screen shots2h4l2ir.png
  2. I'm assuming the same applies for the home jersey? 25tueq8.png
  3. Yes I will be keeping the Number 15 and I thought of that change too. Also, hilarity is currently ensuing.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, edjb93 said:

By the way, the Heat's black uniform went from "Heat" to "Miami" beginning 2012/13. Please refer to this link: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/214/Miami_Heat/

10 hours ago, Lights Out said:

For the Bulls, you're still missing two variations on their road jersey:

(Notice the lack of side stripes on the jerseys.)

(Note how much thicker the letters are on this version of the script. The "C" is different, too.)

I obviously haven't been watching the Heat lately to notice:

2ziogmo.png

I did some digging and found matching (I assume) home jerseys too:

34nr51l.png

The inconsistencies are insane.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

For the Clippers, you're missing this sharp-looking special event jersey from the team's trip to Russia in 2006:

You're also missing the Spurs' Europe Live jersey:

Sharp-looking is right.

14j0m5i.png

120gtc2.png

spacer.png

Archived