Complete NBA Jersey History Project

eibram

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pistons also wore silver home uniforms from 1981-1983.

Image result for 1981 detroit pistons

Image result for detroit pistons silver uniforms

I also came across this old basketball card of George Yardley from the Pistons' inaugural 1957-58 season where the numbers and letters on the jersey are blue. 

Related image

This is what the Denver Nuggets wore from 2008 to 2010.

Chauncey+Billups+Denver+Nuggets+v+CharloLawson_Billups1011_1_230.jpg?itok=C4Qf08

The current navy blue Cavs alt was launched during the 2014-15 season. However, the Cavs also wore a similar navy uniform during the 2011-12 NBA season.

2012-cavfanatic.png

On 2017-06-12 at 6:58 PM, edjb93 said:

What's the difference between the 2014-2015 jerseys and the 2015-present ones?

aary128.jpg646665228.jpg?quality=88&w=750

The shoulder cut.

9 hours ago, eibram said:

jk9fmo.png

I'm not sure what the difference is with those Nuggets jerseys.

The Nuggets' jerseys from 2003-2008 did not have any navy outlining the numbers & letters or outlining the yellow stripe down the side. The Nuggets' uniforms that @PepMan33Conde posted earlier were their uniforms from 2008-2010, which feature navy outlining the letters, numbers, and yellow side stripe. 

Image result for carmelo anthony rookie

Image result for carmelo anthony rookie

When Adidas introduced the Revo 30 template beginning with the 2010-2011 season, the Nuggets' unis were tweeked again. This time featuring changes to their collar and their sleeve stripe on their away jerseys going from yellow to white.Image result for carmelo anthony nuggets

Related image

On 2017-06-13 at 7:04 PM, eibram said:

Thank you! I've actually finished the whole thing earlier this year. It took me probably about 3 years? I've just been releasing them here in stages. The only thing I'm making are the corrections or the jerseys I missed which is why it seems fast. When I finish I might just move on to jersey backs and shorts (if I have time maybe ABA jerseys). From there, maybe I'll find a place to showcase all of this.

Corrections from @edjb93, @Melody22B, and @IceBurgs70:

2vl9xme.png

@CAN-CRC Thanks for the comment! I only add throwback jerseys if they've been modified or if they're from the ABA.

Oh, didn't realize that.

Credit for logos goes to Veras

image.png

Thanks for all of the corrections everyone! Keep em coming. I'm currently researching on the years when they used particular jerseys. The next set I'll release are jersey years I can't find/confirm.

spacer.png

As promised, I dug up as much history as I can and made these:

2zj9rsx.png

Some of these Home and Road jerseys might not match up but most times those are the only pictures I can find that could potentially match. The yellow on the Nuggets jersey is based on the pure assumption that they had a similar concept to the ABA's Denver Rockets and following Nuggets jerseys that mostly have yellow in their color schemes. Once again, if there are corrections available I'm ready to work on it!

If you notice, teams like Providence Steamrollers and Toronto Huskies aren't in this list. That's because they were a part of the NBL which is pre-NBA according to my research. The Huskies though already have their jerseys in the Toronto Raptors set.

spacer.png

On 2017-06-12 at 9:25 PM, eibram said:

Wizards (first 8 Home and 11 Away):

25ptjte.png

Washington Wizards Jersey History

1997-2008

is_cnns_wolf_blizter_to_blame_for_michae17jordanwizhistory.jpg

2008-2010 (Lighter shades of gold & blue, + new text color for the away jersey surnames)

3065539314_c5c57c2c64.jpgact_nick_young.jpg

2010-2011 (V-neck and text color for away jersey reverted back to white)

article_wizA.jpgjohn-wall.jpg

On 2017-06-13 at 5:04 PM, eibram said:

Thank you! I've actually finished the whole thing earlier this year. It took me probably about 3 years? I've just been releasing them here in stages. The only thing I'm making are the corrections or the jerseys I missed which is why it seems fast. When I finish I might just move on to jersey backs and shorts (if I have time maybe ABA jerseys). From there, maybe I'll find a place to showcase all of this.

Corrections from @edjb93, @Melody22B, and @IceBurgs70:

2vl9xme.png

@CAN-CRC Thanks for the comment! I only add throwback jerseys if they've been modified or if they're from the ABA.

jack-sikma-of-the-milwaukee-bucks-prepar

13 minutes ago, eibram said:

IDK if it's just my screen or what but it looks like there is some red trim on the Bucks' 1986-93 away jersey when there shouldn't be. It could just be my eyes playing tricks on me or something. Just wanted to double check and make sure. 

On 2017-06-19 at 7:02 PM, IceBurgs70 said:

IDK if it's just my screen or what but it looks like there is some red trim on the Bucks' 1986-93 away jersey when there shouldn't be. It could just be my eyes playing tricks on me or something. Just wanted to double check and make sure. 

Yes @eibram, the road jersey of the Bucks from 1986 to 1993 did not feature any red accents. Check the image above. I posted it last Sunday.

Also, I would like to add missing uniforms:

1. The Blazers wore their home uniforms with black text during the first half of 1991-1992 season. 

jerome-kersey-of-the-portland-trailblazejeff-grayer-of-the-milwaukee-bucks-goes-

drex.jpg

2. The Washington Bullets wore white numbers during the of the 1996-97 preseason

IMG_0185.jpgisiah-rider-of-the-portland-trail-blazer

3. The Jazz also wore white numbers during the 1994-95 pre-season.

jeff-hornacek-of-the-utah-jazz-shoots-ag

By the way, last question, what are your plans with the project, are you planning to create a database website for the NBA uniforms you have worked on or upload them in Imgur/Photobucket?

9 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Yes @eibram, the road jersey of the Bucks from 1986 to 1993 did not feature any red accents. Check the image above. I posted it last Sunday.

Also, I would like to add missing uniforms:

1. The Blazers wore their home uniforms with black text during the first half of 1991-1992 season. 

2. The Washington Bullets wore white numbers during the of the 1996-97 preseason

3. The Jazz also wore white numbers during the 1994-95 pre-season.

By the way, last question, what are your plans with the project, are you planning to create a database website for the NBA uniforms you have worked on or upload them in Imgur/Photobucket?

I'll work on these soon! Finally got the bucks comment you've been calling out! Yes I'm planning on having a database made but I might make the backs of jerseys first. Also btw, I might not include pre-season jerseys (for now) cause that opens a whole avenue of untapped jerseys that I won't be able to dig up.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all, sorry for the long hiatus! If you're still looking to get a whole database for these jerseys I created this tumblr blog. I'm currently still adding a few teams. I have about 9 left to add but most of what I've posted here along with the corrections that everyone gave are already included. Feel free to keep this thread alive if you still find jerseys that need to be corrected or you can ask me directly on Tumblr.

Thanks again everybody for the support! I would appreciate it if you would spread the word!

spacer.png

Archived