2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

dfwabel

3 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I'm sure it won't hold, but USC is down a touchdown to Western Michigan just before the half. In other words, USC is just being USC again. 

The game went back and forth until SC waited until the last few minutes to put the game away but Western Michigan hung with them.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida State looked real good in that first half, but they were really outclassed in the second.  FSU certainly still has playoff hopes but given their tendency the last few years to not bother showing up for the opening half of a couple of their games, I'd be surprised if they didn't lose another somewhere.  Not sure I like their chances in Death Valley.  We'll see what happens with Francois.

I'd have enjoyed that second half a lot more if Florida wasn't such a trainwreck this afternoon.

IUe6Hvh.png

16 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Same old Alabama.

Everyone else is fighting for three spotsan extremely an extremely-distant 2nd place in a one team sport.  Alabama isn't losing more than one game this season.

Fix'd.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

2 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i wished the rankings would come out on Columbus Day weekend.  sometimes teams are ranked to high to begin with and lose early.  gives a chance for things to settle before the rankings come out.

That's what the CFP committee rankings are for.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

That noise you just heard was Clemson and Louisville seeing their door go from shut to wide open to take the division.

A few notes from my end...

-Anyone who thinks that the rebuild at Texas was going to be a quick job should be disappointed. 51 points scored by a middle of the pack Big 10 team... In two weeks, they have USC. The Longhorns need to figure it out fast. Speaking of the Trojans...

-Maybe it was the heat, but there's no need for USC to be struggling with Western Michigan. This is not the same Bronco team that went unbeaten and pushed Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl last year. Unlike Texas, who gets a breather to fix the issues (San Jose State), USC gets thrown into the proverbial meat grinder with Stanford next, and remember that the Cardinal dropped 62 on hapless Rice in Australia.

-Baylor and UNLV fans have to be the most ashamed after this week. UNLV losing to Howard is something I don't anyone would of ever imagined... but Baylor's loss stings even more. Yes, Liberty is moving up next season and they do have Baylor's old AD (the same guy involved in the whole sexual assault scandal), but there's no reason why Baylor couldn't curb stomp them... If anything comes out this, is that Liberty will use this as motivation to prepare for next season AND see if they can get more Power 5 teams to come out there.

Archived