Notre Dame Logo Update

MDGP

Recently I came across a logo I had made awhile back for a college hockey series. I wanted to post the logo itself with some recent edits made, because I kinda feel like it got shoved in the back of the project as a whole, and I'd really love to get some feedback on the logo itself.

The motive for the logo was pretty simple. It's, at least for me, one of the most iconic and memorable mascot logos in all of college sports. Despite the fact that the logo is from a conceptual standpoint, pretty great, I feel like it really hasn't aged well, like many logos from its era. So, I decided to give the classic a modern tough. To put it simply, I took away a look of the extraneous details that all old logos seemed to have, streamlined the figure a bit (no more weird flat head), and made he leprechaun a bit younger looking to match. I also made the decision to add a bit more blue to the logo itself. I realize that the leprechaun is supposed to be wearing a green and yellow suit, but I felt that the increased blue better represented the more balanced use of green, blue, and yellow/gold that the university sports these days. Finally, I added a vegas gold to emulate the color the sports teams generally wear.

NotreDameLogo.thumb.png.560998afcacb97d698fcd52402d94185.png

Thanks guys! I'd love to hear your C+C!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It is a pretty great upgrade from the original logo is what i'd say! Nice works but just one thing needed to work on is the white outline in navy and green background. it just need to be thicken little more. again nice going!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Hey, guys! Thanks for the comments!

11 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

It is a pretty great upgrade from the original logo is what i'd say! Nice works but just one thing needed to work on is the white outline in navy and green background. it just need to be thicken little more. again nice going!

Good call on the key line. While doing most of my work, I was looking at the logo at a larger size, and didn't notice that it got lost at a distance.

11 hours ago, FFWally said:

I'll second JM. But you have to put the clover back on the hat. 

I initially tried to keep the shamrock in there, but struggled to make it work, ultimately choosing to leave it out. If I get the time in the next few days I think I'll take a look back and see if I can make it work this time around.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Thanks for the comments, guys! I came up with a few different options for the design with your comments included. Top Left is the original design. I know which one I personally like the best, but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

593f3d766f590_NotreDame3options.thumb.png.282f35c39177793c8e560d17ce6517d0.png

Archived