Return of the USSL-2017/18 USSL Premier League

JosiahWVU

Back in January I started my alternate universe of soccer, where soccer is the only major sport in the world. Here is the page to see all of the rules and past designs: 

So I recently began work on the 2017-18 Premier League season. All 20 teams are done and so are some other things(I'll get to that later). For now I will just be posting concepts. I start with the league logo(Unchanged): 5939b191cd8aa_ussllogo.thumb.jpg.6968247303455cb13cf52cbc177ace52.jpg

Special thanks to @TheHealthiestScratch for this Photoshop version of my hand drawn logo.

IxkieML.png

First up the 2016-17 Season:

1. Steel City SC(USSL Playoff Champion, Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League)

2. Chicago Union(USSL Regular Season Champions, Playoff Runner-ups, US Open Cup Champions, Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League)

3. San Francisco SC(Qualified for CONCACAF CL)

4. Boston Revolution(Qualified for CONCACAF CL)

5. ASC Columbus(Qualified for CONCACAF North American Cup(Europa League))

6.  SC Dallas(Qualified for CONCACAF NAC)

7. CAD Miami

8. NYCSC

9. Mile High SC

10. Houston SC

11. DC United

12. LASC

13. Charlotte SC

14. New York United

15. Arizona United

16. LA United

17. Tampa SC

18. Philadelphia SC(Relegated)

19. Seattle SC(Relegated)

20. St. Louis SC(Relegated)

League II

1. Bayern Milwaukee(Promoted)

2. Atlanta United(Promoted)

3. Motor City SC(Promoted as Playoff Champion)

IxkieML.png

Unlike most soccer leagues the USSL has a draft.

Here is the 2017 USSL Draft.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2pIayOWz_dAVGUy9Ro16HeLz02TLas3Lz51yDYRX4o/pubhtml

Some big news:

The defending champs Steel City traded up to improve their defense to grab the top rated defensive player, Myles Garrett, but gave up long time GK Marc-Andre Fleury, and some other pieces to Bayern Milwaukee.

Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball went 1-2 to Detroit and Atlanta.

The 3 teams that were relegated to League II received 2nd round compensation picks.

I hope to post some little designs later before starting the real concept series later tonight.

Also, I did this draft so I can build rosters to make a season, which I have already started.

IxkieML.png

So here is the first team:
Champions of 2016-17: Steel City SC

Pittsburgh finished second in the standings of the regular season, and got past the previous back-to-back champions San Francisco SC to reach regular season winner Chicago. Sidney Crosby led Steel City to the 10th title in its history. The kits remain mostly the same from last season, with all-black and yellow sleeves. All yellow clash, and a third kit which is all gray, to represent steel. Each kit has Dan Rooney memorial patch placed below the back neckline, which is a hypocycloid.  

st0Qtmh.jpg?1

93I1NJAm.jpg?2

sWtkOSym.jpg?1

2DLDAhHm.jpg?1

On the left sleeve is a gold USSL champions patch, which is worn in all league matches.

C&C appreciated

Up Next: Windy City

IxkieML.png

Chicago Union

Chicago had the best regular season, and easily got past Boston in the semifinals before running into Steel City in the Final. Chicago also beat Bayern Milwaukee in the US Open Cup Final. The home kit remains basically the same, but the clash is now all red(fun fact: Every time that Chicago has won the title, their clash kit for that season has been red). The third kit is all sky blue. Obviously the colors and designs are inspired by the Chicago flag.

KPPre2S.jpg?1

acV0bszm.jpg?1

1CE1Wvvm.jpg?1

xfwtm2Qm.jpg?1

Up Next: SFSC

IxkieML.png

20 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

So here is the first team:
Champions of 2016-17: Steel City SC

Pittsburgh finished second in the standings of the regular season, and got past the previous back-to-back champions San Francisco SC to reach regular season winner Chicago. Sidney Crosby led Steel City to the 10th title in its history. The kits remain mostly the same from last season, with all-black and yellow sleeves. All yellow clash, and a third kit which is all gray, to represent steel. Each kit has Dan Rooney memorial patch placed below the back neckline, which is a hypocycloid.  

st0Qtmh.jpg?1

93I1NJAm.jpg?2

sWtkOSym.jpg?1

2DLDAhHm.jpg?1

On the left sleeve is a gold USSL champions patch, which is worn in all league matches.

C&C appreciated

Up Next: Windy City

Was their a bit of "Bonino Bonino Bonino" action after the championship hahaha

One more for today, before I take a break over the weekend: San Francisco SC

SFSC won back to back titles in 2015 and 2016, and had a chance at a three-peat but feel to Steel City in the semifinals. Steph Curry and Kevin Durant keep the club in contention for the upcoming season. The logo remains unchanged and so does the home and away kits. The clash is a black version of the first two. The sponsor is hard to see because of the lighting, but it is Apple, and Puma makes the kits again.

O3Gp4ih.jpg?1

qrSqAhU.jpg?1

EB6P16Y.jpg?1

Df6HzRD.jpg?1

Up next: Don't Tread on Me

(PS, please leave some comments, good, bad, or indifferent)

IxkieML.png

Up next: Boston Revolution

Boston finished fourth in the regular season standings, and became the last team to make the 4-team playoff, but fell to the Union. The team could have another successful season. The Revs are one of a few teams to have a new crest(because I didn't like the previous), it includes crosses rifles and a 'B'. The home and away remain basically the same, based off a Revolutionary soldier. and the Don't Tread on Me flag. The third is all red with a striping pattern on the front. 

DVSX3Vh.jpg?1

rWL4Pdh.jpg?1

ODbA7tV.jpg?1

zmLeHot.jpg?1

Up next: Lebron James

IxkieML.png

So I will take a break from my concepts to show you something else. @TheHealthiestScratch has been able yo recreate some of my logos and uniforms. The logos that have yet to been to posted will be posted when I post those teams(so I don't spoil them). I haven't given him as much credit as I should have, and I apologize for that. He s really doing me a great favor. He may not do many more because he wants to make his own concepts. But here is his Photoshop mock up of the Chicago Union, and Boston's crest. 

chiunionlogo.thumb.jpg.44ee74a22962a84a939ec36b58b4fc12.jpgchiunionhome.thumb.jpg.f2fdb234bc8dc28a9582e0e3b6dcc9f4.jpgchiunionclash.thumb.jpg.6340535adcf43aaf831540cdd6dc3dc1.jpgchiunionthird.thumb.jpg.d964cf9cbe31b180b7b545384297250c.jpgbosrevslogo.thumb.jpg.43c208c313eeeddb0b771ec3bdb5b7f4.jpg

Once again, a huge thanks to him, I think these guve more justice for what I am trying to do. He also did Steel City so I will post them later.

IxkieML.png

Anything?

Up Next: ASC Columbus

ASCC just missed out on the playoffs, but the 2017-18 season could see a return, if they add some pieces around Lebron James. Columbus made the switch from Nike to Adidas, but the classic sash stayed. The home is still red-gray-red but the clash is now all white. The third is all white. 

OwfEy68.jpg?1

tpmx6rQ.jpg?1

06hVtpc.jpg?1

lOxpfGa.jpg?1

Up next: Lone Star

IxkieML.png

Archived