crazyboy335

crazyboy335's NHL Redesign V2

10 posts in this topic

Okay, I set myself up for failure with that last one. For my first redesign that limitation was way too hard to work with, so I'll just start over and do things the way that I'd like to see them in the NHL.

First up is the Kings. I loved their use of purple in the 2000's, and honestly their black and silver uniforms they use right now look like crap. I also brought back the Burger King, but colored him a bit more realistically.

7ZcZbv.png

xDCqU9.png

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

Time for Calgary. I absolutely HATE their use of black in their jerseys. Flames aren't black, they're red, orange and yellow - so I added in some orange. The waist stripes are from their mid-90's uniforms (minus the diagonal stripes), while the sleeves continue that rather than using the shoulder pattern from those jerseys.

8V7tje.png

W0KJvn.png

Edited by crazyboy335
Changed away outlines

Posted (edited)

Now Minnesota. Just like in the previous thread, I kept the North Stars look, however I went away with my stupid logo and just used the bear. On the aways I couldn't mesh the red and green, however it cluttered up the homes and alts with the double outline, so there's a little inconsistency.

RDeRFF.png

CJ3MXh.png

HzU7fU.png

Thoughts?

Edited by crazyboy335
Changed numbers

Posted (edited)

Up next is New Jersey. You can't change perfection, but I did anyway. I added a white outline to the shoulders to add balance, made the red a little brighter and hotter, plus a black alternate because why not?

f7Gq32.png

MzATlU.png

HgV9Mg.png

Edited by crazyboy335
Changed number sizing
1 person likes this

Kings - I was never a fan of the logo you used for the primary. To me it's just a mismatch of elements that really don't go together. The template is nice, and I appreciate the return of purple, but I'd ditch the crest and go with either the Kings' current crown logo (sans the ridiculous "LA home plate"). 

Flames - I actually really like the orange in the concept. On the road, however, I would outline the logo and numbers in yellow. As it stands, the orange and red are too close of shades and it actually just looks like red on red from a distance. 

Wild - No complaints on the jerseys here. The Wild have, in my opinion, the best logo in all of pro sports so seeing it prominently displayed on the front of a jersey is great. I really hate the way the Wild currently dwarf the logo with the roundel. Only suggestion here would be to change the font. It's a bit too 90s and the numbers are HUGE. 

Devils - Love it. Love everything about it. The black alternate is awesome. 

And just as a general suggestion; I would work on the name and number sizing. The Kings and Flames look pretty decent in that regard, the numbers may be a little big, but on the Wild and Devils uniforms, they're huge. It's probably because you used single digits (those three that you did, the numbers look the most off scale), a good rule of thumb is to imagine what the numbers would look like for two-digit players. Single digits or two-digits, you should have the same sized numbers regardless. 

1 person likes this

Yeah you're right, those numbers are pretty big. I edited the above post with some smaller numbers and a slightly adjusted captain's patch.

I'm working on redoing the Kings right now. Their crown really doesn't work with my color scheme because of the silver, so I may just go custom.

Here's my idea of a new Kings logo. I took the crown off the King and refined a little with accents and outlines. I think it looks pretty sharp - thoughts?

LAKH1.png

I see I got a whole lot of input for that Kings logo, haha.

Next up is Philly. Their current set is pretty good, but I gave it a slight tweak. The black outline comes back on the stripes and the stripes themselves are tweaked to make the numbers fit again. The collars also got a slight adjustment. No alternates this time though, a full black set just doesn't work.

FwqDiw.png

yYkyBV.png

Continuing with the Metro (I'm just jumping around here), how about the Caps? Their current logo / uni set is sooo boring. I went with the late 90's alternate as a uniform basis and used the Weagle as the primary over the text.

U0ELU7.png

uHepS5.png

ofUbGh.png

I'm not sold on the thirds yet, but I refuse to do a throwback.

1 person likes this

The Kings logo looks to thin I would make the horizontal line thicker