Sign in to follow this  
CS85

Adam West of Batman, Family Guy deceased at 88.

CS85    5,406

Farewell to a TV icon that generations grew up on.  Younger people may know him more for his bizarre spins in the Family Guy universe, but for me and many others he was the Caped Crusader of Camp.  

Magnus    243

Holy sadness, Batman!

wildwing64    1,192

Hasn't been a great week for nostalgic actors, has it?

I didn't grow up on his version of Batman, but I have the utmost respect for what he did in making Batman the pop culture icon he is today.

mr.nascar13    661

His Batman days were way before my time, but as a kid watching The Fairly Oddparents, I remember his reoccurring role as Catman and himself. Later when I started watching Family Guy, I loved the eccentric personality he gave himself.

Batman is what it is today because of West, and I'm thankful for that. RIP, Mr. West. 

goalieboy82    408

someone on Seth MacFarlane twitter page said that Bert Ward should be the new mayor on Family Guy.

mr.nascar13    661
31 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

someone on Seth MacFarlane twitter page said that Bert Ward should be the new mayor on Family Guy.

I saw a Facebook comment suggesting there be an episode where Cleveland runs for mayor, fails, and some "B-List" celebrity takes over. 

What's John Stamos up to?

vicfurth    372
On 6/10/2017 at 0:13 PM, Red Wolf said:

RIP Gray Ghost

TQyLAYD.jpg

On 6/10/2017 at 0:28 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

His Batman days were way before my time, but as a kid watching The Fairly Oddparents, I remember his reoccurring role as Catman and himself. Later when I started watching Family Guy, I loved the eccentric personality he gave himself.

Batman is what it is today because of West, and I'm thankful for that. RIP, Mr. West. 

I also remember his more obscure role as The Fearless Ferret on Kim Possible. 

rxmc89    148
On June 10, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Alex Houston said:

Whatever West, Mel Blanc and Dick Van Dyke are taking, I need to get on that diet.

Mel Blanc has been dead for years.

I always appreciated his version of Batman for being so light and... not dark. I like the newer versions of Batman myself, but it's refreshing to see that Batman wasn't always a grim figure.

DustDevil61    450

I'll admit that, outside of the occasional movie, I was never much into comic book heroes (I still am), but Adam West is largely responsible for bringing comic book characters into the pop culture spotlight. It is also rumored that after his work on the 1960s Batman series, Mr. West could not land a serious role, so instead of growing resentful of his reputation, he owned it. That, in my mind, is equally as impressive. Pure, West.

You'll be missed, TV's Adam West.

Edited by DustDevil61
Pure, West.