Formula 1 Grand Prix Branding

raysox

Really nice work overall!

My only two concernings are about China and Monaco. 

In the chinese logo I really don't see the connection with China and I personally think the logo has a bit of an aztec feel. You could try something linked with ideograms calligraphy.

The idea of the yacht pearcing the waves for Montecarlo Grand Prix is pretty cool but the outcome looks like an angry viking to me. Here you could try to make the waves bigger and closer to the yacht hull.

The belgian one is pretty nice as it is now but maybe switching the light blue with black could be an improvement as with the double colored striping will be hinting to the belgian national flag.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

awesome, except i would give monaco its own unique logo, not looking templated like the others since it is, well, you know. anyways, they all look great, and the font is a great choice. Great work!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Thanks boys, appreciate the kind words!

On China's I set out to create a snaking section much like the track. I can see how that got lost but that was the idea

635151861230131492.jpg

And on the Belgium one, I wanted the light blue to differentiate between that and Hockenheim. Also I really miss the palette of the Valencia Street Circuit

valencia-street-circuit.jpg

I'm a big fan of most of these and could see what you were trying to do with the Chinese and Mexican ones with reference to the track layout. Maybe I'm just too much of an F1 nerd though. I like how they all work in multi colour or single colour applications too. They either convey speed or a renowned international symbol (or both).

I don't think this type of branding would ever have gone down well whilst Bernie Ecclestone was in charge because so much was driven by sponsorship and the money that brought in. Under Liberty Media though I definitely think that they could do something like this. Similar to the Premier League dropping Barclays to make their own brand stronger. Whether or not each circuit would be willing to comply is another matter I guess but I do like the idea.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

theres a lot to like here Michael, especially those mock ups of the logos on walls and step-and-repeats. you've done a great job of creating a system that is consistent and almost Olympic like. 

there are a few logos that are too abstract though. like Italy, you could change the colors and apply that one to any of the other locations. especially when you see it in a one color version; because the colors carry the identity of that race logo, it falls apart when you see it in one color application. same for Spa, because its the red/yellow curbs that "say" Spa, but losing the color, its all gone. i would revisit all of them and make sure that if you're going to use them in one color applications that you focus on a strong, unique, memorable shape. Australia and Canada are the best of the bunch so use those as a guide for the rest.

also, if you're going to use this new font for "Formula 1" in the logos, go ahead and change it in the header where its written out underneath the F1 logo. i think theres a disconnect right now between the sharp and classic icon, and this newly introduced identity. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Really like the bright colors, and the creation of a cohesive identity. The Chinese Grand Prix, Azerbaijan Grand Prix, and British Grand Prix all stand out to me.

Just a small thing, though. The US Grand Prix looks too much like the Texan or Chilean flag to me. That, and it's a little phallic. Could just be my dirty, vexillology-based mind.

The overall identity is really slick and modern, and the Photoshop jobs are great too. Absolutely love it.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:47 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

theres a lot to like here Michael, especially those mock ups of the logos on walls and step-and-repeats. you've done a great job of creating a system that is consistent and almost Olympic like. 

there are a few logos that are too abstract though. like Italy, you could change the colors and apply that one to any of the other locations. especially when you see it in a one color version; because the colors carry the identity of that race logo, it falls apart when you see it in one color application. same for Spa, because its the red/yellow curbs that "say" Spa, but losing the color, its all gone. i would revisit all of them and make sure that if you're going to use them in one color applications that you focus on a strong, unique, memorable shape. Australia and Canada are the best of the bunch so use those as a guide for the rest.

also, if you're going to use this new font for "Formula 1" in the logos, go ahead and change it in the header where its written out underneath the F1 logo. i think theres a disconnect right now between the sharp and classic icon, and this newly introduced identity. 

Excellent point about the Spa and Italy logos. I made these all in color so I tricked my mind that they worked without color. I'll think about revising.

For the header, I thought more for the branding of the races rather than the series, but here this is
f1f9f353448997.594806b42eeaf.png

Archived