Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Battleground

428 posts in this topic

Just now, dont care said:

I did for Brock's entrance on raw last night, didn't notice any others and thought that it might have just been an arena policy or something

I've noticed they haven't done pyro for AJ and Brock recently. I hadn't noticed it across the board.

I read the following "unconfirmed backstage rumour" on Rajah:

WWE has begun phasing out using pyro at their events as a cost-cutting measure.

I thought they were making more money now than at any point in their history.

With 8 additional PPV events per year instead of 12 for fans to buy tickets to attend, how could they be stuck in a cost-cutting predicament?? I thought they were all about quantity over quality for more cash. Something isn't adding up.

I don't know, it's never a bad idea to look at ways to cut costs. In some cases, I don't think the pyro adds anything. Like it always seemed out of place in AJ Styles' entrance. Just kinda tacked on and not set off at the time in the song where it'd make sense.

Are they ahead yet with the Network, considering the initial investment and the loss of PPV revenue?

18 minutes ago, DDR said:

I don't know, it's never a bad idea to look at ways to cut costs. In some cases, I don't think the pyro adds anything. Like it always seemed out of place in AJ Styles' entrance. Just kinda tacked on and not set off at the time in the song where it'd make sense.

Forced pyro is forced. If you use it all the time it's not special. Shawn Michaels used it well, as did Angle. Can't think of many today that really need it to enhance their entrances. 

Lesner is more bad ass with a more old school entrance. No pyro needed. Hell - no music needed. 

If they're not using pyro for the foreseeable future, think they'll actually start having events in Chicago at the United Center?

1 person likes this

WCW cut pyro to save costs near the end.

#NotSayinJustSayin

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

#NotSayinJustSayin

TNA never dies. And I cannot see them outliving WWE.

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

#NotSayinJustSayin

Jeff Jarrett gets the last laugh. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

TNA never dies. And I cannot see them outliving WWE.

They probably won't, but I admit. There would be a degree of schadenfreude in seeing NWA TNA TNA Impact Wrestling GFW somehow manage to outlive Titan.

2 hours ago, DDR said:

I don't know, it's never a bad idea to look at ways to cut costs. In some cases, I don't think the pyro adds anything.

This.

Live events make up just 20% of their revenue, so by eliminating the cost of pyro itself, the cost of municipal permits/licensing for each and every city used, and need a licensed technician always on hand, it adds up if done 120+ times per year.

I really liked Batista's machine gun pyro and Edge's essentially Chinese New Year pyro.

I can't really remember a memorable pyro since then.

1 person likes this

Kenny Omega might very well be the best wrestler in the world, at the moment. He can pull off comedy just as well as the serious top programs of New Japan, all by doing his standard shtick while changing very little. It takes a special performer just to make it in wrestling. It takes a very special and gifted performer to be that over doing both.

Sorry AJ Styles, but K Ω is my pick for PWI's best wrestler of 2017. On that same subject, Roman is going to win most hated again for the 2nd straight year.

AJ Styles is a better wrestler than Omega right now. Omega's only 33 though, while Styles is 40. So Omega has more upside.

18 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

If they're not using pyro for the foreseeable future, think they'll actually start having events in Chicago at the United Center?

#LongestLeaseEver

Does Kenny Omega look like Brian Pillman to anyone?  He always has kind of a goofy look on his face.  He's great though, but maybe could use a different haircut.

Speaking of haircuts - jesus AJ - get a trim already!  I don't think he's had it cut since he debuted.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Speaking of haircuts - jesus AJ - get a trim already!

tumblr_onu6o6re9t1vwqsxao1_250.gif

3 people like this

I think his hair looks glorious! 

2 people like this

I just watched the "Parade of Champions" for the Mae Young Classic (the introductions of the competitors) and there's a Scottish wrestler who seems impressive named Piper Niven. She's the only Scotswoman to headline Korakuen Hall in Japan. She's also a larger gal. And Good Ol' JR, after talking about her accomplishments says:

"She's a load.......awkwardly long pause.......in a good way."