Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Cap

WWE Battleground

habsfan1    1,240

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura next week on Smackdown. Winner faces Jinder Mahal at Summerslam for the WWE title.

Is this week's show & the dream match on free TV next week a make up for Battleground?

EddieJ1984    271
6 hours ago, Shumway said:

I got a new spec sheet today. It looks like they're going to be slightly larger. The scoreboard looks to be the same.

Makes sense since this is the offseason period for the sixers and flyers.

Also there was this a year or so ago

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/12/23/7440711/wells-fargo-center-renovations-flyers-sixers

Red Wolf    564
8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura next week on Smackdown. Winner faces Jinder Mahal at Summerslam for the WWE title.

Is this week's show & the dream match on free TV next week a make up for Battleground?

Battleground: BS finish for Nakamura vs. Corbin, and awkward finish for Styles vs. Owens

TV: Proper finish for Nakamura vs. Corbin and better finish for Styles vs. Owens vs. Jericho

What a weird way to do things. That said, Nakamura vs. Cena is enough to make me watch SmackDown live instead of on Hulu. I'm legitimately excited for that. 

nuordr    458

I normally do not look at wrestler logos, but I love this logo for the Street Profits (New NXT Tag Team):

Street Profits.jpg

dfwabel    960

November 7 cannot get here fast enough.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/07/espn-films-ric-flair-30-30-nature-boy-premieres-november-7/

Real or Fake? It’s a question that’s long shadowed professional wrestling. But for one of the industry’s most legendary performers, there’s never been any separation between the ring and the world around it. His story starts in the Midwest, when a young Richard Fliehr set his sights on rising to stardom in a unique world, and decided to do anything necessary to get to where he wanted. A character was born, along with a singular desire “to be the man,” and a drive that made him as popular and polarizing as any figure ever to step into the ring. The success took a considerable toll – on his body, and on his wives and children – and in 2013 came a tragic postscript. But today, Flair remains as defiant as ever, proud of his legacy, eager to remain in the spotlight. This is the story of a man, a character, and their unbreakable connection.

“This film was basically borne out of working with Rory Karpf on our ‘I Hate Christian Laettner’ documentary,” says 30 for 30 Executive Producer John Dahl. “Rory interviewed Ric for his take on sports villains and wanted to do a film on him next. After watching that interview for the Laettner film, we were convinced that Ric would be a fascinating subject to explore for our first feature-length 30 for 30 on a pro wrestler.”

“Nature Boy” features two in-depth conversations between Karpf and Flair over a 16-month span, surrounded by interviews with those closest to the man himself; including Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Baby Doll, Tully Blanchard, The Undertaker, Arn Anderson, Shawn Michaels, Sting and Road Warrior Animal as well as his first wife, Leslie Jacobs, and children along with others who know Flair best.

reniewtech    9
6 hours ago, nuordr said:

I normally do not look at wrestler logos, but I love this logo for the Street Profits (New NXT Tag Team):

Street Profits.jpg

I saw a still pic of their vignette and they look like Cryme Time ver 2.0

DDR    927
7 hours ago, nuordr said:

Street Profits.jpg

Do we know who the dudes in this team are yet? Performance Center grads? Indy team?

habsfan1    1,240
15 minutes ago, DDR said:

Do we know who the dudes in this team are yet? Performance Center grads? Indy team?

Angelo Dawkins (whose been an NXT jobber since he began in 2012) & Montez Ford (a newer signing & someone who seems to be charismatic, don't know if he has an indie background).

Red Wolf    564
30 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Angelo Dawkins (whose been an NXT jobber since he began in 2012) & Montez Ford (a newer signing & someone who seems to be charismatic, don't know if he has an indie background).

I believe these are the "red shoes, white shoes" guys that somebody had video of on here a good while back.They seem sufficiently wacky. 

Shumway    730
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I believe these are the "red shoes, white shoes" guys that somebody had video of on here a good while back.They seem sufficiently wacky. 

BBTV and I were at the NXT Show in Philly in which Ford was heavily cheered (at first kinda mockingly, but I'd say he ended up being a crowd favorite). They also have pretty cool music, if I'm not mistaken.

Their ceiling is probably to be the next Enzo and Cass in NXT. I don't remember much about their wrestling abilities (we've seen them before in NXT...Angelo Dawkins was on a few times, and Montez Ford used to be known as Kenneth Crawford), but they were just all around goofy and fun. I'm pretty sure Ford's extremely athletic, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good wrestler.

From the Philly show:

Red Wolf    564

The only things I remember about Angelo Dawkins is that he wore two headbands, and all of his taunts were just things he saw NBA players doing. 

On 07/27/2017 at 8:13 PM, Shumway said:

BBTV and I were at the NXT Show in Philly in which Ford was heavily cheered (at first kinda mockingly, but I'd say he ended up being a crowd favorite). They also have pretty cool music, if I'm not mistaken.

Their ceiling is probably to be the next Enzo and Cass in NXT. I don't remember much about their wrestling abilities (we've seen them before in NXT...Angelo Dawkins was on a few times, and Montez Ford used to be known as Kenneth Crawford), but they were just all around goofy and fun. I'm pretty sure Ford's extremely athletic, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's a good wrestler.

From the Philly show:

Was at the same show. Those guys are trash and depressingly disappointing (not only because of wrestling). The "Red shoes" guy is alright. The other one??? Sigh, smh

DG_Now    3,803

Better pro wrestling manager: Bobby Heenan or Sherri Martel?

DG_Now    3,803

It's probably a tie, really. At their peaks -- like Jimmy Hart -- they added so much to their matches. Just constantly talking, moving, and giving everything to get their guys over.

Hart might be a bit below because he was always a stooge, while Sherri and Bobby could look really cool during squash matches.

I think I just really miss managers.

habsfan1    1,240
16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Heyman (being Brock's mouthpiece) is the only one still active on WWE today.

DDR    927
19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's probably a tie, really. At their peaks -- like Jimmy Hart -- they added so much to their matches. Just constantly talking, moving, and giving everything to get their guys over.

Hart might be a bit below because he was always a stooge, while Sherri and Bobby could look really cool during squash matches.

The Like is for really missing managers. I agree.

But Sherri and Heenan are tied?!?! No way! C'mon, DG. Nobody touches Heenan.

dfwabel    960
4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Better pro wrestling manager: Bobby Heenan or Sherri Martel?

Gary Hart was the best!

Followed by: Jim Cornette,

Percy Pringle aka Paul Bearer, Skandor Akbar, Capt. Lou Albano, and JJ Dillion

BringBackTheVet    4,086
19 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Per capita it's pretty close, but Heenan worked with so many more guys and helped get so many more otherwise average people over than Martel, who really only managed people that were already over and just going through a character change (HBK, Savage, who am I forgetting?). Just being in heenan's "family" was enough to get a mediocre superstar some attention.