Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Great Balls of Fire/Battleground

173 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Figured I'd start a separate thread for WWE's three not-SummerSlam summer PPVs. 

QarXGxc.jpg

9 July 2017, American Airlines Centre, Dallas, Texas 

WWE Universal Championship

Brock Lesnar (c) w/Paul Heyman vs Samoa Joe

Ambulance Match

Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

64riWfl.jpg

23 July 2017, Wells Fargo Centre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

TBA

Edited by Ice_Cap
updating the card

Who the :censored: sat down and said ''Great Balls of Fire is a great name for aPPV''? Ugh it's so dumb....

Jinder is gonna win via Singh interference, and then drop it to Cena on July 4th, isn't he?

Money in the Back matches could to any of them, it's usually chaos.

Naomi will beat Lana and probably cashed in on, Usos keep the tag belts because New Day doesn't need another title reign..

as for Joe v Brock over on RAW, it'l be a good technical match, but Brock will BEEEEEEAST his way out of the Coquina Clutch and suplex Joe a thousand times to win.

12 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Jinder is gonna win via Singh interference, and then drop it to Cena on July 4th, isn't he?

That totally could happen. But, WWE, it's not 1993 and Jinder Mahal ain't no Yokozuna. I feel like the patriotic face felling the foreign menace needs, ya know, a foreign menace. And Mahal isn't there and may never be.

16 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

The next championship for Cena will be the one to break Ric Flair's record and there is NO WAY that will happen over Jinder. The record breaker will be at Wrestlermania with someone with an actual legacy or who has been a beast or has won multiple championships. 

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Who the :censored: sat down and said ''Great Balls of Fire is a great name for aPPV''? Ugh it's so dumb....

G-ddamn pal, I'll give you one hint.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

G-ddamn pal, I'll give you one hint.

I would say JBL but with him being on Smack Down that is not likely. I'm just glad I wont have to hear him say "WELL IT'S GREAT BALLS OF FIRE FOR THE MODERN DAY MAHRAJA" or some crap every 5 seconds.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

I would say JBL but with him being on Smack Down that is not likely. I'm just glad I wont have to hear him say "WELL IT'S GREAT BALLS OF FIRE FOR THE MODERN DAY MAHRAJA" or some crap every 5 seconds.

"Great Balls of Fire" has Vince's outdated sensibilities written all over it.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

He won the Title to boost the Network launch in India. They have a Live Tour down there, in September.

I assume he may hold it, until then.

With WWE now having a thousand PPVs a year, it's clear they need to bring back some WCW ones since they can't be trusted to come up with their own. And they clearly need to drop Great Balls of Fire in favor of Great American Bash, especially since that was a WWE show during the last brand split. 

3 people like this

Great American Bash (Not the Bash)

Starcade

Halloween Havoc

WrestleWar

Fall Brawl

Uncensored 

5 people like this

I personally loved the PPV  name Slamboree

2 people like this

2 hours ago, charger77 said:

Great American Bash (Not the Bash)

Starcade

Halloween Havoc

WrestleWar

Fall Brawl

Uncensored 

It's all so obvious, isn't it?

Halloween Havoc is the best name for a PPV that doesn't currently exist and it's just wasted in WWE's IP library.

2 people like this

Yeah Starcade and Halloween Havoc are great PPV names.

Since SDL is the B show anyway, I'd've rather them just called it Tuesday Nitro, and rebrand it that way.  Maybe even dust-off the WCW name for it.  Don't even try to pretend it's a top show - keep all your top titles and stars on Raw, and make Nitro either like AAA, or like a NXT-A show (with the less-experienced development talent on WWEN.)

So in this system, Bobby Roode would be your WCW champion, and would have just feuded with Nakamura on Tuesday Nitro live on USA.  Obviously the ratings would take a hit at first, but I think they could build their young stars better there and close the gap pretty quickly.

Also, Wrestlemania would be a WWE Raw show, and Starcade would be the WCW Nitro supercard.

7 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Who the :censored: sat down and said ''Great Balls of Fire is a great name for a PPV''?

2015-01-17_110905.jpg

6 people like this

WWE really needs to do a Halloween Havoc PPV. Much of the older audience has a connection with the name and it's family-friendly enough to sell to the younger audience without worry. Most would be happy with an event with that name.

If they could resurrect ECW & The Great American Bash, they could bring back Halloween Havoc. 

1 person likes this

Not just a halloween party, but a pie-eating contest too!!!

1 person likes this

Miss Elizabeth was understatedly super hot.

WWE would never do anything that looks so low-rent and unrehearsed like that today. To our collective loss :(

1 person likes this

I like how Sheik and Volkov had custom logos on their costumes.

LOL @ Batman with Sheiky mustache.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

It's all so obvious, isn't it?

Halloween Havoc is the best name for a PPV that doesn't currently exist and it's just wasted in WWE's IP library.

But those aren't Vince's creations so we won't likely see them reborn until after he dies.