Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Great Balls of Fire/Battleground

173 posts in this topic

I know it's all about "creating content" for the network, but if they must do brand exclusive pay-per-views...

January - Royal Rumble

February - Fully Loaded / No Way Out

March - WrestleMania

April - Judgment Day / Backlash

May - Money in the Bank

June - No Mercy / Unforgiven

July - SummerSlam

August - Extreme Rules / Battleground

September - Clash of the Champions

October - Hell in a Cell / Halloween Havoc

November  - Survivor Series

December - Vengeance / Payback

I would personally lay it out...:

January: Royal Rumble (Cross-Brand)

February: Fast Lane/No Way Out

March: Wrestlemania (Cross-Brand)

April: Payback/Backlash

May: Judgement Day/Unforgiven

June: King of the Ring/Money in the Bank (Money in the Back works as normal, and the winner of KOTR gets Universal Title shot at Summerslam)

July: Battleground/Great American Bash

August: Summerslam (Cross-Brand)

September: Clash of the Champions/No Mercy

October: Cyber Sunday/Halloween Havoc

November: Survivor Series (Cross-Brand)

December: Armageddon/Roadblock

1 person likes this

More than 4 brand-specific PPVs makes the original 4 seem a little less special.

If and only if there was to be one more, it should be Clash of the Champions.  Here's the catch though - it's a stupid PPV unless champions actually battle each other.  They could obviously never have UHC vs WWEC, IC vs US, SDTT v RAMTT, etc., but wouldn't it be great if they could?  They just need to figure out a way to pull it off where the losers' belts aren't totally devalued.  I'm not sure how to do that.

With WWE OWNING THOSE FREAKING PPV NAMES, I'm really surprised they don't use them. I'd imagine there'd be at least a little money to be made off of Starrcade, Great American Bash and Halloween Havoc anthologies, especially if WWE keeps adding to the collection with new events every year. 

I'm going to bet we never get Road Wild again.

LtfMPEP.png

1 person likes this

I love the Big Dust put all that denim and cowboy stuff on, looked in the mirror, and said "YES. THIS LOOKS AWESOME."

And Jesus, Tony.

WCW was sometimes just the best.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

And Jesus, Tony.

That's nothing. Post-Surge sponsorship Tony was the best.

Also bring back Starrcade. It's got more history and meaning than any December C-list show they've put out. You're really not crapping on any great Titan Sports legacy if you replace TLC with Starrcade.

How WWE PPV schedule should look (IMO):

RAW/Smackdown

January – Royal Rumble (b)
February – Cyber Sunday/No Way Out
March – Wrestlemania (b)
April – Payback/Backlash
May – Judgment Day/Slamboree
June – Money in the Bank/King of the Ring
July – Bad Blood/The Great American Bash
August – Summerslam (b)
September – Clash of Champions (b)
October – Halloween Havoc/No Mercy
November – Survivor Series: War Games (b)
December – Starrcade/Armageddon

Reasons for choices:

FEB - Cyber Sunday gives the one and only nod to ECW and its typically February PPV,  CyberSlam.

JUL - The month of America's independence deserves a big event and that's what the GAB is. This should be an outdoor event; a mix between Tribute to the troops and yokozuna's bodyslam challenge.

SEP - Clash of Championships should either have every belt put on the line or equivalent champions on each show (WWEHW v. Univ., IC v. US, etc.) fighting. Basically bragging rights.

DEC - Raw is seen as the A show with an "A-lister" as one of its stars. Why not give it a ppv that lines up with that w/ Starrcade.

Also, bring show specific PPVs sets! No more of this cooker cutter/generic looking sets that are the same for each show.

1 person likes this

I'd go...

January: Royal Rumble 

February: SuperBrawl/No Way Out

March: WrestleMania

April: Payback/Backlash

May: Uncensored/Extreme Rules

June: King of the Ring/Money in the Bank

July: Great American Bash/Battleground 

August: SummerSlam

September: Clash of the Champions 

October: Halloween Havoc/No Mercy 

November: Survivor Series 

December: Starrcade/Vengence 

Use WCW's "big four" to fill out the Raw calendar. It's the "A" show, so make its PPVs seem "bigger" with names that have a lot of meaning. SmackDown's calendar reuses Attitude Era WWE PPV names. 

I brought back Uncensored and moved it to May to pair with Extreme Rules. May is kind of a dead spot, so I figured have it be the month everyone beats the crap out of each other in hardcore matches for spectacle.

The "big four" have been expanded to the "big five" with Clash of the Champions being a co-branded event. 

1 person likes this

They should bring back themes shows like how they had "In your house - degeneration x" or "beware of dog" or buried alive, mind games, etc. 

theyre essentially just big Rams or SDs rather than true PPVs anyway so who cares?

Since we're throwing out our ideal PPV schedules, I'll throw this one out there...it's a little different.

January: Royal Rumble (co-branded PPV)

February: Saturday Night's Main Event + Roadblock (2-hour Network Specials)

March: Wrestlemania (co-branded PPV) + NXT Takeover

April: Spring Stampede (Smackdown PPV)

May: Backlash (Raw PPV)

June: King of the Ring (2-day Network Special) + NXT Takeover

July: Great American Bash (Smackdown PPV) + Saturday Night's Main Event (Raw 2-hour Network Special)

August: Summerslam (co-branded PPV)

September: Fall Brawl (Raw PPV) + Clash of the Champions (Smackdown 2-hour Network Special) + NXT Takeover

October: Halloween Havoc (Smackdown PPV)

November: Survivor Series (co-branded PPV)

December: Battleground (Raw) + NXT Takeover

I actually removed regular PPVs in favor of 2-hour Network Specials. SNME and Roadblock to bridge Rumble and Mania, KOTR as a UK-tourney style event and another SNME and Clash of the Champions to counter an opposing brand-specific month. I figure it adds purpose to the Network and can advance and build storylines. I limited NXT to 4 quarterly Takeovers, with 'Mania weekend being the only one bundled with a major PPV. I may be in the minority, but I preferred the original setup for Takeovers, even having them on Wednesday nights.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I removed Money in the Bank as its own show in favor of moving the match back to Mania.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They should bring back themes shows like how they had "In your house - degeneration x" or "beware of dog" or buried alive, mind games, etc. 

theyre essentially just big Rams or SDs rather than true PPVs anyway so who cares?

"Welcome to the Big Dawg's Yard, exclusively on the WWE Network!" 

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

"Welcome to the Big Dawg's Yard, exclusively on the WWE Network!" 

We need more interview shows too like pipers pit, snake pit, flower shop, barber shop, and whatev Brother Love's was.  The Dawg Park maybe?

Maybe one hosted by Braun Stroeman where the guest invariably gets beaten to a pulp at the end of the interview, yet the announcers always act shocked that it happened. "Didn't see that coming Cole" 

24 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

We need more interview shows too like pipers pit, snake pit, flower shop, barber shop, and whatev Brother Love's was.  The Dawg Park maybe?

Maybe one hosted by Braun Stroeman where the guest invariably gets beaten to a pulp at the end of the interview, yet the announcers always act shocked that it happened. "Didn't see that coming Cole" 

It would be like The Grand Tour's "Celebrity Brain Crash" the announcers could even repeat the same catch phrases each time like they do

Jesus Christ

He looks like Hercules with that chain around his neck.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

yet the announcers always act shocked that it happened. "Didn't see that coming Cole" 

So essentially what they do whenever a 350+ pound man gets eliminated from the Rumble?

"Great Khali's gotta by the favorite here, Cole!"

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Jesus Christ

I'll have what he's having!

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They do have one interview show per brand right now (Miz TV and Highlight Reel starring Kevin Owens). But I'm into the idea of seeing if some other guys can pull it off, though I kind of want them to be shorter than they tend to be. 

I also don't want there to be any gimmick PPVs not named Royal Rumble. Even WCW's War Games match didn't have its own PPV. So we should be rid of Elimination Chamber, Hell in a Cell, TLC, and especially Extreme Rules. We had a match where a wrestler could lose his title via DQ at Extreme Rules, so there's no point in keeping that one around.

Also, Nakamura has no chance of winning Money in the Bank since he was standing tall on the ladder holding the briefcase as SmackDown went off the air. 

EDIT: I do like your occasional traditional Survivor Series match. I definitely prefer it when there are stakes like Team Cena vs. Authority (which didn't matter because they brought back the Authority a couple weeks later anyway), but even without they can be good fun. 

EDIT 2: Finally finished up the first season of Lucha Underground. This is a very silly show. The wrap-up segment afterwards was so great. Also, the ending is something I'd like to see WWE do again at some point...

Spoiler

Mil Muertes and the Disciples of Death standing tall with all of the gold to close the show. When was the last time a faction did that in WWE? I think the SHIELD held the tag titles and US title together at one point, but that's not exactly the same. Point is, factions are great. 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Jesus Christ

I've always wondered what getting punched in the stomach like that during a workout really does for you? I've seen boxers do it in training. Does that develop your ab muscles more?